+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS 2022 Processing Time

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Do we usaully get an email if there is any update or we keep checking account for updates ,

You only get an email when there is decision on your application or some documents are required of you. You will not get email for updates in your profile on such things as Medical, Biometrics, Eligibility, Background Check and others.

Reactions: descan

Jaffark91

Dec 9, 2022
Just received my second refusal. Quite dejected. No choice now but to wait for the first gcms notes and reapply or just quit..

merwynd0810

Jul 17, 2022
Hey wanted to share my details:

Got into an 1 year Education-based Post Grade Cert course at Brock University for Sept 2022.
Medical upfront
1st application date - 25th May 2022
Biometrics Enrolled - 30th May 2022
Medical Updated - 8th July 2022
Refusal - 9th August 2022

Changed to a 2 year Business Data Analytics Course at Humber College for May 2023
2nd Application Date - 15 November 2022
Medical Updated - 25 November 2022

Awaiting my study permit like a lot of us (A little positive thinking :p). After the first attempt, I consulted an agency (IDP - The company that conducts the IELTS exams). They suggested I should change my course because while it matched my work experience (teaching, curriculum design, 5 years) it didn't match my previous education (Bachelor's in Commerce). I am happy with the switch because I was looking for a career change towards Data anyway. Going through an agency was a much better experience because they knew what they were doing and I knew what I wanted.
I had ordered GCMS notes immediately after the refusal and the officer seems to have had similar concerns so it worked out for the best.

Excerpts from the notes -

I made sure that my SoP this time around addressed the concerns about switching career paths and showed how it connected to my previous education. I also added a document showing my father's financials and an undertaking from him to take care of my expenses while in Canada.

Let's hope for a quick clearing of backlogs. Pray for me like I am praying for you all!
I just got a rejection. I am not really sure where to go from here. Interestingly, I got a BVL a few minutes before the rejection correspondence letter came through, which I did not receive the last time around. The processing time too was a little over a month which is blazing fast compared to what I and others have experienced.
The reason mentioned is - "The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application."

The tricky part is that IRCC have not given the usual "Insufficient ties to home country" or "Course not matching previous..." that have more straightforward corrective measures. I guess GCMS notes would be the next steps but I don't know if I will get them in time to reapply for May 2023.

Here is my SOP for the second attempt with personal information redacted. Please have a look and suggest what I could improve in this before I reapply. Apart from this I had attached my GIC, Medical, experience letters and educational information as well as a financial doc showing the standing of my sponsor (father) and an affidavit from them saying that they will handle my finances.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Canstudyvisa

Jul 28, 2022
I just got a rejection. I am not really sure where to go from here. Interestingly, I got a BVL a few minutes before the rejection correspondence letter came through, which I did not receive the last time around. The processing time too was a little over a month which is blazing fast compared to what I and others have experienced.
The reason mentioned is - "The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application."

The tricky part is that IRCC have not given the usual "Insufficient ties to home country" or "Course not matching previous..." that have more straightforward corrective measures. I guess GCMS notes would be the next steps but I don't know if I will get them in time to reapply for May 2023.

Here is my SOP for the second attempt with personal information redacted. Please have a look and suggest what I could improve in this before I reapply. Apart from this I had attached my GIC, Medical, experience letters and educational information as well as a financial doc showing the standing of my sponsor (father) and an affidavit from them saying that they will handle my finances.

Hey, I'm really sorry to hear about your situation. I just wanted to share that we have the exact same timeline which I'll share below:

I did Graduation in BSC non-medical, after that I got 2 diplomas in Computers and web designing, and worked in a tech company as a contact center rep since 2020. I got the admission in Data Analytics 1 year Post Graduate Certificate in Holland College, Prince Edward Island.

First file was lodged on 26th May
Got the refusal on 10th August

Reason: Exact same as your first refusal

I did not change anything, just ordered GCMS notes and they stated everything exact same as yours.
Created a new SOP, very similar to yours, only difference was that instead of saying I will look for a job, I mentioned I would like to start my own business which will be a consultancy for Data analytics.

2nd File Lodged on 15th November
Medical completed: 25th November
and Thankfully I got my PPR Yesterday(19th December).

So I would suggest you to order the GCMS notes again and you can maybe change the future plans to something related to your own business since the Field of this program is Business. Not sure if that would make any difference but just wanted to provide an advise.

Best of Luck! I'm sure you have enough time to apply for May intake again~

K75089

Dec 9, 2022
Just received my second refusal. Quite dejected. No choice now but to wait for the first gcms notes and reapply or just quit..
I would suggest not losing hope.
Please order your notes and reapply accordingly. Further, please consider being specific in your documents even though you have a study gap, etc.

K75089

Dec 9, 2022

you are good in your explanations; however, I would recommend generating a letter of explanation and SOP, do not merge them, and illustrate the scenario in an orderly manner.
The only way to be considered is to make the VO understand how effectively, you have gone through your rejection and what prompts inspire you again to reapply.

jetsetgo

Dec 29, 2022
Hello guys,

longtime lurker, first time poster.

just wanted to share my experience as when i was waiting i found hearing others positive experiences was a great feeling so hope i can do that for someone else.

Applied nov 22.

medical test requested, dec 12
medical updated, dec 15.
passport requested, dec 22.

The financial proofs i submitted were not too great but I have the GIC and my university is among the best which definitely helps i think.

BTW my review eligibility and background check still say under process so dont bother thinking too much about this, it is almost meaningless whatever status it says you have. my final decision says approved.

I will add i havent received my passport yet but there were a lot of holidays in between so not a big deal i think. i booked my ticket for 8th jan so i think i should get it before that. if i dont have it by next wednesday i'll make a visit to the embassy or call them.

Reactions: parrots
Dec 29, 2022
Hi ,

I have a situation.
I am applying for student visa to take up Post Graduate Business Management in 2023.
I have a total education gap of 10 years now, and work Experience of 9 years. Worked 2 years in IT In India and I have the Contract, Experience letter from them.
After that, I worked in GCC for the past 7 years. My previous employer has not given my Experience letter - I worked for 5 years with them and they denied my settlement and also my experience letter. But I have the Contract Agreement, pay slips and appraisal letters given to me during my tenure. I am quite scared about the group if they will talk negative as they were very hostile to me.

My present company is a small startup but the Contract is available, and is supportive.
So, if I apply for a student visa will there be any issue? Will they go into background checks about my previous employer? What are the documents to be submitted : Will there be any negative issues? I am quite disturbed about this as I have to move for the intake in September 2023.
ANY ANSWER WOULD BE HIGHLY HELPFUL.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hello guys,

longtime lurker, first time poster.

just wanted to share my experience as when i was waiting i found hearing others positive experiences was a great feeling so hope i can do that for someone else.

Applied nov 22.

medical test requested, dec 12
medical updated, dec 15.
passport requested, dec 22.

The financial proofs i submitted were not too great but I have the GIC and my university is among the best which definitely helps i think.

BTW my review eligibility and background check still say under process so dont bother thinking too much about this, it is almost meaningless whatever status it says you have. my final decision says approved.

I will add i havent received my passport yet but there were a lot of holidays in between so not a big deal i think. i booked my ticket for 8th jan so i think i should get it before that. if i dont have it by next wednesday i'll make a visit to the embassy or call them.
Hey @jetsetgo! Congratulations to you! :) You are right, the communication on this forum has been nothing but helpful and uplifting. So, thank you very much for joining in!

Which program did you apply for? Did you apply by yourself or with your family? Also, from which country and via SDS or not?

Yeah, your passport got caught up in a holiday period, but that's gonna be OK! Good luck to you on your journey! :)

rmn78!

Aug 23, 2022
Can someone help me write a strong SOP? I have a refusal before. I am applying to different course this time for May intake, please advise if I should submit justification letter seperate and SOP seperate.