App. Filed.......
11-08-2022
Med's Done....
15-08-2022
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2022
Can someone help me write a strong SOP? I have a refusal before. I am applying to different course this time for May intake, please advise if I should submit justification letter seperate and SOP seperate.
It's totally upto you if you justify the reasons of refusal in the SOP itself or separate in a LOE (Letter of Explanation). Just try not to repeat things.

ka lel

Dec 31, 2022
Non SDS timeline
Applied nov 26
Biometric dec 1
Eligibility stated dec 22
Medical test requested dec 23
Medica passed dec 29
Medical updated dec 30

I'm anxious.... I'm even starting to hate public holidays

Last edited:
Reactions: Floou

K75089

Dec 9, 2022
I just got a rejection. I am not really sure where to go from here. Interestingly, I got a BVL a few minutes before the rejection correspondence letter came through, which I did not receive the last time around. The processing time too was a little over a month which is blazing fast compared to what I and others have experienced.
The reason mentioned is - "The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application."

The tricky part is that IRCC have not given the usual "Insufficient ties to home country" or "Course not matching previous..." that have more straightforward corrective measures. I guess GCMS notes would be the next steps but I don't know if I will get them in time to reapply for May 2023.

Here is my SOP for the second attempt with personal information redacted. Please have a look and suggest what I could improve in this before I reapply. Apart from this I had attached my GIC, Medical, experience letters and educational information as well as a financial doc showing the standing of my sponsor (father) and an affidavit from them saying that they will handle my finances.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Hello, did you reapply? if yes please share your timeline.

parth7aug

Dec 12, 2021
Hey,
So, unfortunately, I had to defer my course for the next intake. I got the initial study permit and the expiry is 30 April 2024. My deferral is for the next intake in September 2023. I need to know do I need to apply for a fresh study permit or get an extension on the existing one.

parth7aug

Dec 12, 2021
Hey,
So, unfortunately, I had to defer my course for the next intake. I got the initial study permit and the expiry is 30 April 2024. My deferral is for the next intake in September 2023. I need to know do I need to apply for a fresh study permit or get an extension on the existing one.

V9962

Nov 24, 2022
Hey,
You don't need to get a fresh one. You can get an extension on the existing one by filing a webform with your current LOA and hopefully that should do it. Otherwise it can be extended at immigration when you arrive.

parth7aug

Dec 12, 2021
You don't need to get a fresh one. You can get an extension on the existing one by filing a webform with your current LOA and hopefully that should do it. Otherwise it can be extended at immigration when you arrive.
I'm already back in India. I have also asked for the college fees refund. Also, what are the steps to apply for an extension online? Once I get a new LOA, do I need to pay the fresh fees and apply for fresh SP?

V9962

Nov 24, 2022
I'm already back in India. I have also asked for the college fees refund. Also, what are the steps to apply for an extension online? Once I get a new LOA, do I need to pay the fresh fees and apply for fresh SP?
Since you've already asked for a refund, you won't get a LOA for the next term until you pay the fresh fees. You can apply for a fresh sp after. As for extension online, everything is mentioned on the link below:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/extend-study-permit/how-to-apply.html

Shazam7

Sep 29, 2022
Hello @Shazam7! My warmest congratulations to you on your success! It must have been an unbelievably hard experience for you. But you have achieved a tremendous personal success and have proven to all of us that it is indeed possible to explain your intentions to the IRCC officers in a right kind of way to get an approval! Absolutely fantastic work on your part and thank you for sharing your journey and being an inspiration to many!

Of course, I cannot help but ask what do you think have made it for you on your forth application that made it a success? How did you improve your SOP and/ or other additional documents in a way that made it click?
Hi @parrots , I am in Canada now. It did not make any change in the application apart from my SOP. I just increased the emotional aspect in the SOP. Having said that, I am not sure what worked for me shall work for others too. Best wishes to you and everyone in the form.

PS: I submitted my passport manually at Delhi office and got the stamped passport on the 4th day of submission.

Reactions: parrots

dp214

Jul 7, 2022
I just got rejection for student visa. Is any here with the same issue ?

-reason you will not leave canada as give time in the application.
What can i do ?
should I reapply or wait for caips note ? Please advise

dp214

Jul 7, 2022
Thank you so much for sharing your information. Can you please share what did you changed in your second SOP. I have the same refusal reason.

dp214

Jul 7, 2022
SDS INDIA,
Upfront medical: 06 Oct
Applied: 20 Oct
Medical passed: 08 Nov
No updates on the eligibility review
Refused: 22 Nov
Reason for refusal: The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
Re-applied: 23 Nov
Medical updated: 02 Dec
PPR: 10 Dec
Changes made: First application SOP was written by the hired writer. The second application SOP changed the rest of the documents same.
The second SOP is written by self.

Profile: 35 years old, ship captain, applied for College certificate in Human resources, Alberta.
Thank you so much for sharing your information. Can you please share what did you changed in your second SOP. I have the same refusal reason.