Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
Bangalore, yes I’m in India.
Its under review now.
you are lucky, folks at blr are nice - so hope for .... best. if eligible*
cpc edmonton is slacking random files from sept, and few early oct - not sure how oct files are triaged..

these boneheads have no mechanism to work systematically

anyway , good luck though

michaelofficial123

Star Member
Aug 28, 2022
you are lucky, folks at blr are nice - so hope for .... best. if eligible*
cpc edmonton is slacking random files from sept, and few early oct - not sure how oct files are triaged..

these boneheads have no mechanism to work systematically

anyway , good luck though
How does one know which VO they are assigned to?

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
FYI,

Just now,
Oct 06 sds [from India]
approved - cpc edmonton - today - NOv 16

hang in there guys..

@Michael - most SDS file cpc edmonton. BVL has office details

parth7aug

Dec 12, 2021
Hello,

Applying for SP SDS from India for January Intake 2023.
Course : Project Management
College : Humber college

Profile : MBA (Marketing), 3.5 years work exp in Account management.

Application Brief Timeline:

Initial Application : August 24th (Got refusal letter on October 11th)
Biometrics : August 29th
Medical result : October 11th
VO (as per Biometrics correspondence letter) : Edmonton, AB
Refusal Reason : I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors: (Strangely, there are no factors mentioned after this)

Re-worked on SOP, gave property details, job prospects in India, entrepreneurial ambitions and brief on passion projects in India.

Re-application : October 16th
Biometrics : August 29th

Hoping for the best.
Hey Shardul,

I have the exact same scenario as your case. Jan 2023 intake. Humber college. Professional Accounting practice.
I have 4 yrs exp in financial/banking sector. I applied in Oct as well. got a refusal for the same reason as you. It was Non SDS though. Please keep me posted on your status. I re-applied and waiting for the decision. Hope to get a positive response now. Let's connect. my mail address is parth7aug@gmail.com and my Instagram is: awk.vard
Hopefully, we'll become friends in college. lol.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey! Hadn't you received GCMS notes from CBSA prior? Were the notes from IRCC different? That would be very weird....

Well, at least now you have pinpointed the exact aspect of your application to tackle! Go get them!!!
Hey @Geet7 :)

Yes, exactly! Weird it is. Although, to be fair, there was a notification from gcmsnote.com where we ordered the notes about the possibility of one of the files coming with blank pages. This is exactly what happened. The notes from CBSA and IRCC were entirely different in their format and content. Basically, our CBSA notes were empty, but the IRCC notes were solid and full.

Thank you again for your support! Yeah, we're definitely going for it! :D

Reactions: Geet7

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hello @parrots , thanks for let us know, much appreciated! It is weird that the notes requested from CBSA is different from that of IRCC. I have applied for both and waiting.

Good that you waited for the notes from IRCC before you reapplied and now that you know the exact reasons you should be able to tackle it on your LOE better. Go for it you have been our cheer leader and you will get it this time for sure.. Good Luck!
Hey @Pravee_S :) Yes, as I've already mentioned in my reply to @Geet7, the notes, indeed, are drastically different. So, you definitely want to wait for your IRCC file! And yes, we were not going to re-apply without checking both files first. There could have been different reasons, and we had to know the exact one. Please, share your experience when you receive your notes ;)

Thank you so much for your encouragement! Our group of people here have been such an invaluable inspiration, really! Wishing your good luck with your application as well! Let's make it happen! :D

Reactions: Geet7 and Pravee_S

Archana5

Nov 18, 2022
My sister applied for student visa in July and rejected in august non-SDS. The rejection reasons for the first application were around four reasons, so we addressed and reapplied.We went through an immigration consultant the second time and reapplied through sds:
Applied from Bangalore, India.
Applied on Oct 7
No updates after
Rejected Nov 17.
Reason: • The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Course applied: AEC graduate diploma for Computer Graphics at Lasalle Montreal.
She already holds a Masters from Milan

I understand next we should apply gcms notes,any suggestions or help? We are very frustrated since we showed all financial background and ties to home country.
Should we reapply or just choose a different university or just give up overall.

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
My sister applied for student visa in July and rejected in august non-SDS. The rejection reasons for the first application were around four reasons, so we addressed and reapplied.We went through an immigration consultant the second time and reapplied through sds:
Applied from Bangalore, India.
Applied on Oct 7
No updates after
Rejected Nov 17.
Reason: • The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Course applied: AEC graduate diploma for Computer Graphics at Lasalle Montreal.
She already holds a Masters from Milan

I understand next we should apply gcms notes,any suggestions or help? We are very frustrated since we showed all financial background and ties to home country.
Should we reapply or just choose a different university or just give up overall.
Did you submit your second application based on the comments of the GCMS notes of the first application? If not, then that's the first sign of your consultant not being a very good one.

Archana5

Nov 18, 2022
Did you submit your second application based on the comments of the GCMS notes of the first application? If not, then that's the first sign of your consultant not being a very good one.
That's our biggest mistake we did not apply for gcms, she fooled us. Now is it wise to apply gcms and then decide?

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
That's our biggest mistake we did not apply for gcms, she fooled us. Now is it wise to apply gcms and then decide?
If you search through the forum, you'll see that it is highly advisable to wait for the GCMS notes before reapplying. Is it possible to reapply without them and be approved? Sure, you'll also see this for yourself in the forum.

The thing is, the GCMS notes could have very valuable information as to what specific part of your application did not convince the officer. If you know this, your second application could have a higher chance of approval. Also, note that the GCMS notes take time (around 90 days currently). Lastly, it is also possible for your notes to don't contain very useful information but usually, they do.