+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS 2022 Processing Time

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Ironically we just recieved our results today, our file was rejected with the below reason, nothing more.

"The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application."

The medicals, review everything was just updated on the same day as the results arrived no updates prior to that. I noticed this was the latest trend.

So I am applying for CBSA notes as well to see if there are any more details on it and then plan the next course of action. Will keep you all posted.

All the very best for your application Parrots the processing times have drastically reduced i see family applications filed in September getting thier results now. So the next application shouldn't take this long.

I am just curious to see if you find any additional information on the GCMS notes that you are awaiting from IRCC, just drop a note here when it arrives. Ideally it wouldn't be any different as they should ideally be pulling the information of the same file.
You want IRCC notes. What is your full profile?

Summerside

Star Member
Apr 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
18-04-2013
File Transfer...
23-04-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting.. ( In Process since October 24th )..Decision made on November 4th
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
any student visa applicant from India ( SDS Category ) waiting for result with application submitted in April or May ? My nephew submitted Student Visa application end of April . I got my local MP involved as there was no update for months. MP told me that his application is non routine and regular processing time doesn't apply . Any idea around Non routine applications ? what triggers application to be non routine . My nephew has no study gaps. Scored 90% plus in Grade 12th. IELTS overall band is 7.5. First year fees paid along with GIC . Any advice ?

Shazam7

Sep 29, 2022
What did your GCMS notes say? Did you change your program? Adding funds is not the issue if it states what your refusal is. What is your profile because if not showing education and career progression to justify costs then it will continue to be refused.
I am yet to receive GCMS notes. It is a PhD program with complete tuition fee waiver and scholarship. I also showed my additional funds as family is involved. I had shown career progression and ties in India. I have given details of my profile on page 95 and 96 for this thread.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am yet to receive GCMS notes. It is a PhD program with complete tuition fee waiver and scholarship. I also showed my additional funds as family is involved. I had shown career progression and ties in India. I have given details of my profile on page 95 and 96 for this thread.
Applying on your own should address many issues that may be in your GCMS notes. Believe you are now applying without spouse and kids. Since you don’t have notes, you are making the assumption (and probably correctly) that you will have no ties to home country if family comes with you.

Reactions: Shazam7

abhi.8911

Oct 19, 2021
Hi guys
I applied for my study visa(online) on 28th September 2022 from India
Biometric 6th October 2022
Medical updated on 23rd October but rolled back by 25th October
I don’t know why this happened but I would like to know how much time will it take to get any decision now

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi guys
I applied for my study visa(online) on 28th September 2022 from India
Biometric 6th October 2022
Medical updated on 23rd October but rolled back by 25th October
I don’t know why this happened but I would like to know how much time will it take to get any decision now
Processing is around 14 week so you should have decision in January. Has eligibility review even started?

abhi.8911

Oct 19, 2021
So what is the issue? Rollback of medical isn’t positive or negative. Was there an issue with your medical mainly s-ray?
I called the hospital, they said every report was correct and ircc haven’t asked for any additional tests. So, I think medical was Okay.
Is it normal to get this issue?

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Reconsideration vs. Reapplication - In the interest of time, which one would you recommend?
The reconsideration request is not a formal step in an application. You basically submit a webform with your arguments of why they should reconsider the refusal decision. IRCC can reopen your file or they can do absolutely nothing about it (the most probable outcome), without any type of notification to you.

You can submit a reconsideration request but it's basically a "Hail Mary" (football slang, google it). In the back of your mind, you should already be requesting GCMS notes and thinking about a second application.

Reactions: zagcollins

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
The reconsideration request is not a formal step in an application. You basically submit a webform with your arguments of why they should reconsider the refusal decision. IRCC can reopen your file or they can do absolutely nothing about it (the most probable outcome), without any type of notification to you.

You can submit a reconsideration request but it's basically a "Hail Mary" (football slang, google it). In the back of your mind, you should already be requesting GCMS notes and thinking about a second application.
LOL about Hail Mary - I watch it and unfortunately, it's soccer here in Canada :( Thanks for the response and I can't say that I disagree.

asm314

Sep 7, 2021
any student visa applicant from India ( SDS Category ) waiting for result with application submitted in April or May ? My nephew submitted Student Visa application end of April . I got my local MP involved as there was no update for months. MP told me that his application is non routine and regular processing time doesn't apply . Any idea around Non routine applications ? what triggers application to be non routine . My nephew has no study gaps. Scored 90% plus in Grade 12th. IELTS overall band is 7.5. First year fees paid along with GIC . Any advice ?
Were you able to find out what non-routine means?