+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS 2022 Processing Time

U5Man5

Nov 13, 2022
Kindly help me!! I applied for 2year graduate program starting on 9th january,2023. My visa stamping is from 17/11/22 - 9th january,2023. Is this a stamping error as visa is issued for the length of program + 90days???? Kindly help me what to do ?? Moreover mine case is of deferment( may intake) as I didn’t get a seat confirmation mail from university because of delay in visa stamping. Please help me i also raised webform today..
Just to be sure. Your passport expiry is not on 9th January 2023. Right?

Shazam7

Sep 29, 2022
Broadly I mentioned my 10 years of IT experience & formal education and linked it to my plan to join a reputed B-school in India after the PhD. Also spelled out the scope for better employment opportunities in corporate as India is an IT hub. Reasons for choosing a B school in Canada for the program were also mentioned.
I have received third refusal yesterday for a PhD prgram. My details profile is on Page 95 and 96. The GCMS notes are still awaited. I am reapplying. This time through Non SDS. University is saying that may be I should take help from an immigration lawyer. Please let me know if someone has any inputs.

lucy2586

Nov 19, 2022
I have received third refusal yesterday for a PhD prgram. My details profile is on Page 95 and 96. The GCMS notes are still awaited. I am reapplying. This time through Non SDS. University is saying that may be I should take help from an immigration lawyer. Please let me know if someone has any inputs.
Do you get any GCMS Notes for the first and second refusal? Did you reapply with your family on the third application? May be you should wait until get all three GCMS Notes.

Shazam7

Sep 29, 2022
Do you get any GCMS Notes for the first and second refusal? Did you reapply with your family on the third application? May be you should wait until get all three GCMS Notes.
The timelines for the applications I have submitted are as follows:
First application for whole family submitted on 16 May and refused on 29 Sep
Second application for whole family submitted on 7 Oct (added my own fixed assets and CA report ) and refused on 21 Oct (GCMS notes requested)
Third application for just me submitted on 24 Oct and refused on 25 Nov
Fourth application submitted just for me few days back after rephrasing the SOP. This time under Non SDS.
The reason for refusal was always the same (Purpose of visit not consistent...…..)

My PhD admission was deferred from Sep to Jan. I may also request GCMS for third application but it would not be processed by Jan and I am not sure if university would defer by admission further. Hence, waiting for decision on 4th application and/or admission deferral. It has been a terrible experience so far.

lucy2586

Nov 19, 2022
The timelines for the applications I have submitted are as follows:
First application for whole family submitted on 16 May and refused on 29 Sep
Second application for whole family submitted on 7 Oct (added my own fixed assets and CA report ) and refused on 21 Oct (GCMS notes requested)
Third application for just me submitted on 24 Oct and refused on 25 Nov
Fourth application submitted just for me few days back after rephrasing the SOP. This time under Non SDS.
The reason for refusal was always the same (Purpose of visit not consistent...…..)

My PhD admission was deferred from Sep to Jan. I may also request GCMS for third application but it would not be processed by Jan and I am not sure if university would defer by admission further. Hence, waiting for decision on 4th application and/or admission deferral. It has been a terrible experience so far.
Hope to hear your good news about the Fourth application.
Besides, you should order all GCMS Notes now.

U5Man5

Nov 13, 2022
My eligibility has been under review for quite some time. Any idea of how long it takes these days? Two weeks? Three weeks? Can't afford more delay tho.

U5Man5

Nov 13, 2022
My eligibility has been under review for quite some time. Any idea of how long it takes these days? Two weeks? Three weeks? Can't afford more delay tho.
I have received Passport Request. They have asked me to send the passport.

Does that mean decision is positive?

Or does that mean I will still have to wait more.

parth7aug

Dec 12, 2021
I have received Passport Request. They have asked me to send the passport.

Does that mean decision is positive?

Or does that mean I will still have to wait more.
Obviously positive. They'll stamp your passport and send it back to you. The stamp indicates approval. Congratulations!!
I'm still waiting for mine. :(

U5Man5

Nov 13, 2022
It says eligibility is still being checked. Same for background check. But final decision says approved and submit Passport. Hopefully there'll be no problem.

Good Luck to you to my friend. My application time was considerably good, so I expect good things for you as well.

bainsgagan13

Jul 11, 2018
It says eligibility is still being checked. Same for background check. But final decision says approved and submit Passport. Hopefully there'll be no problem.

Good Luck to you to my friend. My application time was considerably good, so I expect good things for you as well.
Do you mind sharing your timeline?

adkushal

Nov 30, 2022
Hi all, My SDS visa is recently refused with the reason : "The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application".

I have requested for the GCMS Notes. Has anyone successfully reapplied and been accepted? Does the chance of approval reduce for each re-attempt?

Abdussalam Khan

Nov 13, 2022
Nowshera, Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
11-08-2022
Med's Done....
15-08-2022
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2022
Hi all, My SDS visa is recently refused with the reason : "The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application".

I have requested for the GCMS Notes. Has anyone successfully reapplied and been accepted? Does the chance of approval reduce for each re-attempt?
No the chances doesn't reduce
You should reapply after you read the gcms notes if possible and justify the reasons of refusal in a letter of explanation or within the SOP
I hope you are approved this time

TiniTan28

Star Member
May 9, 2022

I have the same
I just got the passport request today, and eligibility and background are not changed. Only the final decision change to : your application is approved.
People say that when the passport is stamped, we'll receive the LOI and eligibility will change