+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS 2022 Processing Time

Mayank_Choudhary

Star Member
Jun 28, 2022
for traveling to canada via some europe/US
Depends on the rule of that country. For example, you need a transit visa, free of charge, if you're flying via UAE. It takes 2-3 days to get this. However, some countries don't require. For example, Egypt or Oman don't require one if you stay in the airport for up to 48 hours.

I was about to book a really cheap flight that has a layover in New York but apparently, acquiring a transit visa for USA is very arduous. You needto fill out a lengthy form, pay approx. 13K INR, give out intimate details like your social media accounts, and schedule an interview at the embassy which has a waiting time of almost 200 days in India!! Yeah, not going through all that hassle for a 6-hour layover.

When you book a ticket from an Indian site like MakeMyTrip, it tells you whether you'll need a transit visa for that trip or not.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: phoenix197

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
What is the update of Non-SDS status? Anyone received visa under Non-SDS who filed after 20th July? From india.
My nephew from india did apply under non sds on August 1 and he received refusal On August 13.
And he reapplied today again with justification.

Abhisms0

Star Member
Jul 3, 2022
Yes, I have applied on 10 August. Have you recived any update since application.
No updates after reapplying, even my biometrics did not getting updated yet..in my new gckey.. I'm too anxious as my class will start on 6th September and my course isn't available in Jan23 or May23..
In july they have rejected almost everyone applied through Non-SDS including myself and few people I know.
Till when should I wait? As college says they will not refund any fees after 10th September.

RealMike101

Jul 22, 2022
No updates after reapplying, even my biometrics did not getting updated yet..in my new gckey.. I'm too anxious as my class will start on 6th September and my course isn't available in Jan23 or May23..
In july they have rejected almost everyone applied through Non-SDS including myself and few people I know.
Till when should I wait? As college says they will not refund any fees after 10th September.
It’s better you consider deferment or file refund application before your university deadline and get admission from another school that offer your course in January intake, so you can inform IRCC in time.

I submitted my application on June 27th, I received fairness procedure letter on August 2nd, saying I didn’t answer question 2A truthfully, but to my surprise, the migrant officer quoted question 2B for 2A, since I submitted explanation letter pointing the mistake out, no response until now, not even Medical examination request letter.

Reactions: Abhisms0

Amitdhuri911

Aug 10, 2022
Even I had one refusal on 30 July from SDS and how applied in Non sds for faster processing. It's just been 9 days but there is no update at all except from day one it's reflecting my uci number.

Abhisms0

Star Member
Jul 3, 2022
Even I had one refusal on 30 July from SDS and how applied in Non sds for faster processing. It's just been 9 days but there is no update at all except from day one it's reflecting my uci number.
Same happening with me, I applied on 22nd July and 23 july my UCI got updated...after that no updates at all...i sent two webforms they dont even reply...they are focused more on afghans and ukraine peopl more and giving them visa in 14 standard days....as i read on ircc twitter statement...its like you are saving few people by drowning other people like us...I sent a webform for emergency use for ukraine only and told my situation amd they replied in one day that sorry we read your information but it is not related to ukraine emergency please refer to general webform.... exactly where they don't reply.... I'm a software engineer and according to my math I feel their chinook software is not presenting re-applications to the visa officer..its filtering out our application because its think we are not priority as we are already refused once.

Reactions: parrots

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
IRCC is super unpredictable and definitely unreliable. Really sorry you have to keep waiting but I hope you get a positive response soon!

OK so more clarity on the EE profile thing (and pls note that this is just from the conversation between me and my agent; whether this applies to everyone is not something I can guarantee. So, please take this with a pinch of salt)

I pulled out of the EE pool as soon as I got accepted and I had arranged all the necessary funds for GIC, tuition, etc. Now, I figured I shouldn't have to mention this since I'm already out of EE but my agent clarified that the question they're asking ("Have you ever applied to enter or remain in Canada") doesn't imply whether you still have an active EE profile or if it has expired. The question implies whether you applied for a Canadian visa in the past. Now whether that's in the last five, ten, or since birth; I'm unaware of. However, you need to clarify that you indeed had in the past but now you're applying for a different one. Also, personal opinion here and not legal or something, I think it's crucial to include this if you're applying to a visa category that is different from your previous one. For example, permanent to now a temp visa/permit.

I would definitely recommend a chat with an agent or lawyer but at the same time, maybe it's all just me overthinking and that it could maybe not have an adverse effect at all. I made a pretty silly mistake in my visa form too. I wrote a different designation in the work experience section than what was mentioned in my experience letter. I asked my agent if I should upload a new visa form or a brand new application but my agent told me it shouldn't be an issue. Now, I know this isn't an apple-to-apple comparison but still, trying to balance the negative with some positive.

Good luck and please do contact an agent/lawyer if you can.

Thank you for your concern and for your best wishes, seriously it's encouraging, thank you :)

Yes, I understand that we have to mention any application to Canada whether it was a year or ten years ago. I had a different question in mind. What I mean is, I do not consider a profile in EE to be an application to come to Canada. I think this is just what it is - a profile. The application, the real application starts once you get the invitation through EE to actually apply for PR, that, in my mind is an application to come to Canada. Is it not? So, I thought that a profile on EE classifies as a "No" answer on the form. This is a question of wording really and again - Canada makes it extremely ambiguous, the question is not straightforward in the slightest.

Thank you for mentioning your mistake about work experience. I also notices a couple of mistakes on my application once I submitted it, but also didn't correct them with a webform. So, it's great to know I am not alone.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Also, just to add @parrots:

The 'Dual intent' rule states that Canada understands you are interested in both permanent and temporary stays in Canada. Also, you're in your legal right to apply for PR even if you're a TR. However, when you apply for a temp visa, they need to know you'll honor the rules of said visa. So, you'll basically leave Canada once you're designated duration of stay is done.

Honestly, the first thing I thought to myself when I was informed I had to write "I will move back to India" in my SOP was how archaic of a rule is this? Canada is actively increasing immigration targets, encouraging Canadian education-holders to apply for PRs, etc. but also wants students to say they'll return, and if they're not convinced, they'll outright reject your visa application? How about they just have stricter measures and penalties that drive home the fact that those staying over their time in Canada need to leave or something, instead of being all coy and playing a game of will-they-won't-they?
Exactly! This question has given me and my spouse the biggest headache. I understand the stand on financial support, yes, you have to be able to support yourself while you study. But after graduation Canada gives graduates a work permit for 1 - 3 years, which is a legal path to immigration. So, why can't people say that they might consider this path? So, yes, be strict in terms of financial support for the duration of the studies, follow-up on students during their studies and after that, but just leave them an option that you yourself give them. Otherwise it's like: "Here we have something for you, please tell us, you don't want it."

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Yes this is very pathetic thing in all top countries...they dont believe you that you will return back..and even if student is going with intention of settlement..they will obviously do that in a legal way and taking saf measures. Still these guys reject visas on basis of that we doubt you don't return back..if we really wanted to go illegally way to any country we would be going through panama jungles like other illegal immigrants..why would we pay 28000 cad in study visa...
Visa officers give illogical decisions I feel sometimes.
Exactly!