+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS 2022 Processing Time

ann.08

Jul 31, 2022
What is a study permit application for IRCC is much more to me. It is a leap toward realizing my professional goal to establish my own AI Startup.
Please give me some hope. Has anyone with a timeline similar to the one below got PPR?

SDS Fresh case, Sep 2022 Intake
Application Date: June 11, 2022
Biometric Collection Letter: June 21, 2022
Medical Passed: July 7, 2022
Review and Final Decision: Not started
Series: S304999***
Country lodged: India

I also applied for SOWP + Kids SP

The entire admission process, interactions with the university officials, and lodging the SP application has been a wonderful experience. I was happy to read 20 days of processing time for SDS applications. Perhaps I was naïve and thought if not 20, I will get a response in 40-45 days. It is almost 8 weeks now from the Biometric collection letter date and I am getting disheartened. Unlike most SP applicants, I can’t defer my admission to next year simply because I won't postpone chasing my goal by a year.

Give me some hope or suggestions.
I truly fathom what you are going through. It has been a similar journey for me. I lodged my application on 14th June , biometrics on 20th June. I too thought if not 20 days i would receive a decision in 40-45 days. Nonetheless, no progress. Neither is IRCC cooperating not University. I feel so helpless just like so many others.

Vanitha mani

Aug 2, 2022
Hi Everyone,

My intake is Jan'23. I applied Visa (SDS) on 3rd Aug and Biometric done on 8th Aug. I can see Biometric number, enrollment date and expiry date on GC portal. My current status is still showing YOUR ACTION IS REQUIRED but I don't find any latest update/ message.

Could you guys please confirm whether it's a technical issue or my biometric has not updated correctly.

Anyone facing same issue.

Thanks you
Even I applied on 20th May and my biometrics on 26th May and received the update on my medicals on 5th August and review is not started yet.

abroshan18

Star Member
Jun 22, 2022
What is a study permit application for IRCC is much more to me. It is a leap toward realizing my professional goal to establish my own AI Startup.
Please give me some hope. Has anyone with a timeline similar to the one below got PPR?

The entire admission process, interactions with the university officials, and lodging the SP application has been a wonderful experience. I was happy to read 20 days of processing time for SDS applications. Perhaps I was naïve and thought if not 20, I will get a response in 40-45 days. It is almost 8 weeks now from the Biometric collection letter date and I am getting disheartened. Unlike most SP applicants, I can’t defer my admission to next year simply because I won't postpone chasing my goal by a year.

I have the same time line as yours, was happy that 20 cal days would be max and that I will get before it, but it turned out to be a nightmare..I applied to US uni also and have received F1 visa within 20 days, but this SDS has completely blocked me as I have parked my tuition + GIC for it. Now I cannot go to US uni for which I have visa and not sure now what will happen to my Canada SP. I am serving notice period at my current org in hope I get my visa and that I there is no delay from my company in releasing me.. but I am now completely resigned to my fate!! Deferment to next fall seems inevitable.

• Sad
Reactions: parrots

Ad123j

Jul 11, 2022
looks like IRCC is skipping May end files once again now. I see so many youtube comments having mid or end-May file dates having no updates.
Mine also stuck with complete silence and no update. File was lodged on 24th May, It's been 82 days already, 12th week will also get over a day after tomorrow.

How long should I wait before asking for defer?

abroshan18

Star Member
Jun 22, 2022
looks like IRCC is skipping May end files once again now. I see so many youtube comments having mid or end-May file dates having no updates.
Mine also stuck with complete silence and no update. File was lodged on 24th May, It's been 82 days already, 12th week will also get over a day after tomorrow.

How long should I wait before asking for defer?
check with your college when is the last date for defererment. Better to update your college on the current situation.

adi56a

Jun 30, 2022

Same here bro. I have a similar timeline as you.
SDS Fresh file
File lodged 17th June
Biometrics given and updated on 22nd June
Medical passed July 6th.
Series 3050
From India

Reactions: AlphaOne

Suzanne__MD96

Jun 25, 2022

Hi yes i am in the same boat (june 9th)- but i think we were all fooled by the 20 day timeline ( apparently that was a pre covid timeline).. so sorry to hear that this delay could be a block in your career but dont lose hope - IRCC had said earlier in some tweet that they plan to clear june files soon as well- so be positive..

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
I have the same time line as yours, was happy that 20 cal days would be max and that I will get before it, but it turned out to be a nightmare..I applied to US uni also and have received F1 visa within 20 days, but this SDS has completely blocked me as I have parked my tuition + GIC for it. Now I cannot go to US uni for which I have visa and not sure now what will happen to my Canada SP. I am serving notice period at my current org in hope I get my visa and that I there is no delay from my company in releasing me.. but I am now completely resigned to my fate!! Deferment to next fall seems inevitable.
Go to the USA instead? Seems like a great alternative!

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hi Everyone,

My intake is Jan'23. I applied Visa (SDS) on 3rd Aug and Biometric done on 8th Aug. I can see Biometric number, enrollment date and expiry date on GC portal. My current status is still showing YOUR ACTION IS REQUIRED but I don't find any latest update/ message.

Could you guys please confirm whether it's a technical issue or my biometric has not updated correctly.

Anyone facing same issue.

Thanks you
Yes, on my spouse's OWP application together with my SP application biometrics has not been updated as of now for 14 weeks. Dozens of people have reported this issue. You are not alone :)

Swati51015

Aug 14, 2022
Yes, on my spouse's OWP application together with my SP application biometrics has not been updated as of now for 14 weeks. Dozens of people have reported this issue. You are not alone :)
@parrots thanks for your reply. Would like to know whether other people with such issues are getting their PPR?
I am bit tensed now.

ann.08

Jul 31, 2022
Hi yes i am in the same boat (june 9th)- but i think we were all fooled by the 20 day timeline ( apparently that was a pre covid timeline).. so sorry to hear that this delay could be a block in your career but dont lose hope - IRCC had said earlier in some tweet that they plan to clear june files soon as well- so be positive..
Which tweet can you please share the link