+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS 2022 Processing Time

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
@parrots thanks for your reply. Would like to know whether other people with such issues are getting their PPR?
I am bit tensed now.
Yes, many people said that their biometric, medical, eligibility and OPR (PPR) were all updated on the same day or within a few days difference. Responses vary a lot from waiting for days, weeks and months for updates with no clear patterns. If you are not too lazy to go through all 66 pages of this thread, you'll find a lot of post on this issue. I wouldn't bother, though, just trust us, it's not an issue at all these days. In a couple of weeks you'll forget all about the updates. People are getting hard skin and immunity to the updates, honestly. As I mentioned, in my case, 4 months and no update on my spouses's application whatsoever. So, don't you worry!

Reactions: ann.08

Swati51015

Aug 14, 2022
Yes, many people said that their biometric, medical, eligibility and OPR (PPR) were all updated on the same day or within a few days difference. Responses vary a lot from waiting for days, weeks and months for updates with no clear patterns. If you are not too lazy to go through all 66 pages of this thread, you'll find a lot of post on this issue. I wouldn't bother, though, just trust us, it's not an issue at all these days. In a couple of weeks you'll forget all about the updates. People are getting hard skin and immunity to the updates, honestly. As I mentioned, in my case, 4 months and no update on my spouses's application whatsoever. So, don't you worry!
Hey thanks for your feedback. I went through youtube videos and got know that whose bio doesn't get updated on same day or after few days are likely to get it updated on the day when they receive their PPR. Now I will relax for next 3 months and update you once I receive my PPR.

Reactions: parrots

AlphaOne

Jul 18, 2022
Same here bro. I have a similar timeline as you.
SDS Fresh file
File lodged 17th June
Biometrics given and updated on 22nd June
Medical passed July 6th.
Series 3050
From India
I have the exact same timeline as you!
My file was lodged on 17th June, Bio done on 21st June and updated the same day, Medical got updated on 4th July and I've been waiting ever since. The wait is tedious to say the least

• Sad
Reactions: adi56a

abroshan18

Star Member
Jun 22, 2022
I have the exact same timeline as you!
My file was lodged on 17th June, Bio done on 21st June and updated the same day, Medical got updated on 4th July and I've been waiting ever since. The wait is tedious to say the least
My medical was done in May and still it has not been uploaded.

Vivek_Gautam

Aug 13, 2022
I have the same time line as yours, was happy that 20 cal days would be max and that I will get before it, but it turned out to be a nightmare..I applied to US uni also and have received F1 visa within 20 days, but this SDS has completely blocked me as I have parked my tuition + GIC for it. Now I cannot go to US uni for which I have visa and not sure now what will happen to my Canada SP. I am serving notice period at my current org in hope I get my visa and that I there is no delay from my company in releasing me.. but I am now completely resigned to my fate!! Deferment to next fall seems inevitable.
Sorry to learn about your situation. I too have left everything to my fate now!! If I don't get a decision in another 10 days or so, I will withdraw from the program and seek refunds. I am a bit perplexed by IRCC's processing time. My university started accepting tuition fees only after June 1, so there is no way I could have lodged my SDS file before June and IRCC seems to be struggling to provide a decision even after 8 week.

Good that you can defer at least. I have applied to a specialized program aimed at helping to establish a startup. So I didn't apply to any other country/ university. And I am not going to waste another year just to start my own company. If I don't get to join the program in time, will pursue my dream here in India.

Reactions: parrots and ann.08

Vivek_Gautam

Aug 13, 2022
Same here bro. I have a similar timeline as you.
SDS Fresh file
File lodged 17th June
Biometrics given and updated on 22nd June
Medical passed July 6th.
Series 3050
From India
Hi yes i am in the same boat (june 9th)- but i think we were all fooled by the 20 day timeline ( apparently that was a pre covid timeline).. so sorry to hear that this delay could be a block in your career but dont lose hope - IRCC had said earlier in some tweet that they plan to clear june files soon as well- so be positive..
Not sure about the tweet but it will be great if they are able to clear the June files.

Pravee_S

Jun 27, 2022
What's the processing time shown for the work permit for your country?

crimsonquill

May 25, 2022
Just a little curious:

How many Indian May SDS applicants still waiting to hear back?

I applied on the 27th and I haven't heard back anything yet after seeing my medical processed on the 29th of July. At the same time, I saw someone say a bigwig from IDP India spoke to some folks from IRCC and they said only about 15% of May files are left to be processed (which I find very hard to believe) and that they'll all hear back by the 20th of May (also seems very unlikely).
I've seen the whatsApp message in circulation and I genuinely don't think it's true. Tried googling and nothing shows up. In any case, my application date was 24th May with medicals updated on 8th Aug, no updates since then. I'm still hoping to get a decision by 20th, tho.

Mayank_Choudhary

Star Member
Jun 28, 2022
I've seen the whatsApp message in circulation and I genuinely don't think it's true. Tried googling and nothing shows up. In any case, my application date was 24th May with medicals updated on 8th Aug, no updates since then. I'm still hoping to get a decision by 20th, tho.
Yeah, even I feel it's too good to be true. I want to stay optimistic but no way they're going to clear all May backlogs in five days when there are people still waiting from March and April (and from even before)!

Reactions: parrots

Abhisms0

Star Member
Jul 3, 2022
Please help, anyone applied from India from non sds and has got student visa, what's the current time duration?
I have re-applied for Non -Sds visa on 22nd july...My biometrics and medical still not updated..both field saying we do not need..if change we will message you.
In my first application i got decision in one day in non-SDS but 2nd time its been 20 days passed no updates yet.

abroshan18

Star Member
Jun 22, 2022
I have re-applied for Non -Sds visa on 22nd july...My biometrics and medical still not updated..both field saying we do not need..if change we will message you.
In my first application i got decision in one day in non-SDS but 2nd time its been 20 days passed no updates yet.
when did you file your first application?

Abhisms0

Star Member
Jul 3, 2022
when did you file your first application?
I had applied on 30th June and biometric done on 6th July and decision came on 7th july as refused with 2 reasons that course is irrelevant to previous studies etc etc and that I will not leave canada....so re-applied on 22nd July with justification and course change to more relevant one.