+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS 2022 Processing Time

abroshan18

Star Member
Jun 22, 2022
I had applied on 30th June and biometric done on 6th July and decision came on 7th july as refused with 2 reasons that course is irrelevant to previous studies etc etc and that I will not leave canada....so re-applied on 22nd July with justification and course change to more relevant one.
I wish I also had applied under non-sds..

Reactions: Abhisms0

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
What's the processing time shown for the work permit for your country?
I applied for SP and included my spouse on my application via SDS, so the processing time for both of us should be 3 weeks. And yet, and yet, it's been 14 weeks already.

RealMike101

Jul 22, 2022
I have re-applied for Non -Sds visa on 22nd july...My biometrics and medical still not updated..both field saying we do not need..if change we will message you.
In my first application i got decision in one day in non-SDS but 2nd time its been 20 days passed no updates yet.
Decision in just 1day, that’s great, I believe IRCC just decided to make visa processing complicated for nothing, if they really want 1week is enough to get decision.

I submitted my application since 27th June, not even Medical Request Letter, and now my school is asking for my visa update.

Reactions: parrots

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
I had applied on 30th June and biometric done on 6th July and decision came on 7th july as refused with 2 reasons that course is irrelevant to previous studies etc etc and that I will not leave canada....so re-applied on 22nd July with justification and course change to more relevant one.
Which country did you apply from?

Pravee_S

Jun 27, 2022
I applied for SP and included my spouse on my application via SDS, so the processing time for both of us should be 3 weeks. And yet, and yet, it's been 14 weeks already.
The reason i asked is that we are family applicants as well from India(SP+SOWP+minor SP), where the current avg processing time for study permit is 12 weeks and Work Permit is 45 weeks. And people are suggesting that even if we have applied the WP along with the study permit we might still get our permits processed based on the avg time take for the work permit to be processed which in my case is 45 weeks which doesn't make any sense to me.
However I just checked the Work permit processing timeline indicating 18 weeks for China i guess that's where you have applied from, so if that's the theory you might expect your results in another 4 weeks.

Abhisms0

Star Member
Jul 3, 2022
Which country did you apply from?
From New Delhi, India.
All people who applied in june 2022 under Non-SDS...got decision in 2 days maximum after biometric..but unfortunately 70% decision were came as refused..you can say bulk rejection to reduce application numbers.

• Wow

adi56a

Jun 30, 2022
I have the exact same timeline as you!
My file was lodged on 17th June, Bio done on 21st June and updated the same day, Medical got updated on 4th July and I've been waiting ever since. The wait is tedious to say the least
Yeah, when is your last date for defferment ? Mine is September 12th.

AlphaOne

Jul 18, 2022
Yeah, when is your last date for defferment ? Mine is September 12th.
My Uni automatically registered me for classes so I guess deferral is out of option for me. Sitting blindly like a duck and hoping for the best is all we do now. May and earlier backlog files are being processed at the moment - I wonder how they will stand to their promise of clearing all september intake files before the fall sem begins

abroshan18

Star Member
Jun 22, 2022
My Uni automatically registered me for classes so I guess deferral is out of option for me. Sitting blindly like a duck and hoping for the best is all we do now. May and earlier backlog files are being processed at the moment - I wonder how they will stand to their promise of clearing all september intake files before the fall sem begins
Did they promise? Can you share the link?

Sach_shres

Mar 30, 2022
Same. It still says that they are reviewing my eligibility, which worries me that I might not make it before my classes start. I haven't even looked into booking my flight due to the uncertainty of when the visa will arrive. Flight prices might also be of concern now...

Reactions: afendaw

AlphaOne

Jul 18, 2022
Same. It still says that they are reviewing my eligibility, which worries me that I might not make it before my classes start. I haven't even looked into booking my flight due to the uncertainty of when the visa will arrive. Flight prices might also be of concern now...
Exactly the worst situation - we pay a tonne upfront and don't even have assurance if we will make it to our unis in time and oh god don't tell me about the flight prices costing nearly as much as a portion of a terms fee

Mayank_Choudhary

Star Member
Jun 28, 2022
27th May applicant here with medicals that were updated on the 29th of July. I received my BVL last night and my file is under review.

Happy that there's progress but concerned I didn't get my PPR right away. I've seen almost 99% of people posting screenshots of their GCKey online that they receive their BVL and PPR within minutes of each other but not me.

Anyway, PPR or refusal, I will keep you all posted.

abroshan18

Star Member
Jun 22, 2022
27th May applicant here with medicals that were updated on the 29th of July. I received my BVL last night and my file is under review.

Happy that there's progress but concerned I didn't get my PPR right away. I've seen almost 99% of people posting screenshots of their GCKey online that they receive their BVL and PPR within minutes of each other but not me.

Anyway, PPR or refusal, I will keep you all posted.
Best of luck!

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
The reason i asked is that we are family applicants as well from India(SP+SOWP+minor SP), where the current avg processing time for study permit is 12 weeks and Work Permit is 45 weeks. And people are suggesting that even if we have applied the WP along with the study permit we might still get our permits processed based on the avg time take for the work permit to be processed which in my case is 45 weeks which doesn't make any sense to me.
However I just checked the Work permit processing timeline indicating 18 weeks for China i guess that's where you have applied from, so if that's the theory you might expect your results in another 4 weeks.
You know, I actually agree with you. This is exactly what I have been thinking recently. First, it seems to me that IRCC are processing family applications much longer than single applications. It seems like we are not their priority this year and they simply move our files aside. Second, it also seems to me that our applications are processed based on the WP processing time and not SD, yes. Again, because, as it is written on IRCC website that "non-essential workers are not their priority" this year. So, it might well be the case. However, I honestly truly can not believe that you would have to wait for 45 weeks, it just can not be this level of insanity!

Reactions: Pravee_S and LeeLe