+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS 2022 Processing Time

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
From New Delhi, India.
All people who applied in june 2022 under Non-SDS...got decision in 2 days maximum after biometric..but unfortunately 70% decision were came as refused..you can say bulk rejection to reduce application numbers.
Wow.. this is incredible! And incredibly sad.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
My Uni automatically registered me for classes so I guess deferral is out of option for me. Sitting blindly like a duck and hoping for the best is all we do now. May and earlier backlog files are being processed at the moment - I wonder how they will stand to their promise of clearing all september intake files before the fall sem begins
You should still contact your university so that you don't lose on your tuition fees for the classes you might not be able attend.

sudubey

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
27th May applicant here with medicals that were updated on the 29th of July. I received my BVL last night and my file is under review.

Happy that there's progress but concerned I didn't get my PPR right away. I've seen almost 99% of people posting screenshots of their GCKey online that they receive their BVL and PPR within minutes of each other but not me.

Anyway, PPR or refusal, I will keep you all posted.
Best of Luck Buddy, My son had similar Case, got BVL yesterday night and Medical updated on 9th Aug. Finger crossed. Few of his friends go PPR with any review and medical. Bit worried now.

Pravee_S

Jun 27, 2022
You know, I actually agree with you. This is exactly what I have been thinking recently. First, it seems to me that IRCC are processing family applications much longer than single applications. It seems like we are not their priority this year and they simply move our files aside. Second, it also seems to me that our applications are processed based on the WP processing time and not SD, yes. Again, because, as it is written on IRCC website that "non-essential workers are not their priority" this year. So, it might well be the case. However, I honestly truly can not believe that you would have to wait for 45 weeks, it just can not be this level of insanity!
Yes waiting for 45 weeks where a SDS file is promised a turnaround time of 3 weeks and where they allow you to apply as family applicants are absolutely horrendous. Where we have invested huge money in terms of paying one year tution fee along with GIC for three people which is around 35k CAD investment. Also we have already lost a sum of money in terms of comision and still unsure of our fate.

Reactions: parrots

ann.08

Jul 31, 2022
Yes waiting for 45 weeks where a SDS file is promised a turnaround time of 3 weeks and where they allow you to apply as family applicants are absolutely horrendous. Where we have invested huge money in terms of paying one year tution fee along with GIC for three people which is around 35k CAD investment. Also we have already lost a sum of money in terms of comision and still unsure of our fate.
Please tweet

Mayank_Choudhary

Star Member
Jun 28, 2022
I finally got my PPR just 30 mins ago!

Timeline:

Upfront medical:
7th May
Lodged: 27th May
Biometrics submitted and processed: 1st June
BVL: 15th August
PPR: 16th August

College: Seneca@York
Intake: Jan’23
IELTS: 8.5

A little about me:
  • B Com (Hons.) from Delhi University 2015 graduate but ended up graduating in 2017 because of 5 backlogs.
  • Work experience of over seven years (2015-present)
  • Worked in New Delhi and Dubai as a Social Media Marketer

A very important thing to note that was a major concern for me:

I applied for immigration through Express Entry in July 2021 but since it’s been shut since COVID-19, I decided to pull my application and applied to colleges.

In my SOP, I explained about my backlogs in detail (and didn’t hide it, as some people were suggesting on Quora), about my ambition to study and upskill and, eventually, come back to India, and how Canada is the ideal place for me to excel in life and career.

I hope this info helps.

If you need to ask me about anything, pls DM but I might be a tad delayed in answering since I’m probably going to be bouncing off the walls all night today.

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:

wakongah

Star Member
Apr 11, 2022
I finally got my PPR just 30 mins ago!

Timeline:

Upfront medical:
7th May
Lodged: 27th May
Biometrics submitted and processed: 1st June
BVL: 15th August
PPR: 16th August

College: Seneca@York
Intake: Jan’23
IELTS: 8.5

A little about me:
  • B Com (Hons.) from Delhi University 2015 graduate but ended up graduating in 2017 because of 5 backlogs.
  • Work experience of over seven years (2015-present)
  • Worked in New Delhi and Dubai as a Social Media Marketer

A very important thing to note about me that was a major concern for me:

I applied for immigration through Express Entry in July 2021 but since it’s been shut since COVID-19, I decided to pull my application and applied to colleges.

In my SOP, I explained about my backlogs in detail (and didn’t hide it, as someone people were suggesting on Quora), about my ambition to study and ups-skill and, eventually, come back to India, and how Canada is the ideal place for me to excel in life and career.

I hope this info helps.

If you need to ask me about anything, pls DM but I might be a tad delayed in answering since I’m probably going to be bouncing off the walls all night today.

Good luck to everyone!
Congratulations! I’m glad to see that they’re processing Jan 2023 applications, contrary to what some here have been saying that IRCC will only work on applications for the fall intake. We also applied early, knowing the 12 week average timeline, because if we get our visa, there will be a lot for us to do before we can leave (quit work, find someone to take care of our house, etc). We’d ideally like to avoid the issues others are facing now, like getting PPR less than a month before classes start.

Our timeline is actually similar so I hope we get a decision soon.

Mayank_Choudhary

Star Member
Jun 28, 2022
Congratulations! I’m glad to see that they’re processing Jan 2023 applications, contrary to what some here have been saying that IRCC will only work on applications for the fall intake. We also applied early, knowing the 12 week average timeline, because if we get our visa, there will be a lot for us to do before we can leave (quit work, find someone to take care of our house, etc). We’d ideally like to avoid the issues others are facing now, like getting PPR less than a month before classes start.

Our timeline is actually similar so I hope we get a decision soon.
Yup! I was accepted in a Fall program too but seeing how IRCC was still taking months to process apps back in Jan 2022, I decided to opt for the winter term. Luckily, it only took about 84ish days but these were NERVE-WRACKING! Now, I'm going to book tickets at a more affordable price.

I hope you get your visas super soon!

Reactions: Ad123j and Pravee_S

Ad123j

Jul 11, 2022
Yup! I was accepted in a Fall program too but seeing how IRCC was still taking months to process apps back in Jan 2022, I decided to opt for the winter term. Luckily, it only took about 84ish days but these were NERVE-WRACKING! Now, I'm going to book tickets at a more affordable price.

I hope you get your visas super soon!
wow superlucky! congrats

We, the old generation of September intake continue to wait for any update!

Reactions: parrots