+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS 2022 Processing Time

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone,
I submitted my file on 20th sept SDS Pakistan. I've passed my medical exam and my biometrics are also submitted. My eligibility review started today (26th sept) , so how long do you think it's going to take IRCC to come up with a decision? Intake is January , 2023.Thanks
Within 13 weeks as that is current processing times.

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Any May or earlier applicants still waiting? We’re (wife’s SP and my OWP) approaching our 19th week (applied May 18) already and it’s honestly getting pretty frustrating. We applied early for January intake because we knew decisions were taking a while and we need ~2 months to wrap things up here before moving. If we don’t get a decision this week we might not have time to join the January intake (i.e., take care of things at work, home, etc before leaving early/mid December). Deferring to a later intake isn’t a very viable option either.

I know that’s just how it is, but our processing time is now more than 50% longer than average (and counting) and frankly it’s ridiculous.
I applied with my wife back in March and it took 19 weeks to receive the PPR. @parrots mentioned in one post that family applications were averaging around 19-20 weeks according to posts from family applicants. Try submitting webforms and emails to the VAC responsible for handling your application, not much else you can do to be honest... good luck!

thuyle1905

Nov 4, 2021
Any May or earlier applicants still waiting? We’re (wife’s SP and my OWP) approaching our 19th week (applied May 18) already and it’s honestly getting pretty frustrating. We applied early for January intake because we knew decisions were taking a while and we need ~2 months to wrap things up here before moving. If we don’t get a decision this week we might not have time to join the January intake (i.e., take care of things at work, home, etc before leaving early/mid December). Deferring to a later intake isn’t a very viable option either.

I know that’s just how it is, but our processing time is now more than 50% longer than average (and counting) and frankly it’s ridiculous.
At least, I feeling less stressful when there are still some people who are in the same status. I applied SP+SOWP+Kid SP from 26-May. Medical updated since 5-Jul then silent from there.

Reactions: wakongah

Shazam7

Sep 29, 2022
We applied for SP+SOWP+Kid on 16 May. Only wife's medical has been updated so far . The GC key login page is not loading for me since last 2 days. I have tried it from multiple machines and browsers. Is anyone else also facing similar issue?

Reactions: thuyle1905

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
We applied for SP+SOWP+Kid on 16 May. Only wife's medical has been updated so far . The GC key login page is not loading for me since last 2 days. I have tried it from multiple machines and browsers. Is anyone else also facing similar issue?
Yes, it happens from time to time when the IRCC have their website maintained

Shazam7

Sep 29, 2022
Received refusal yesterday after 4.5 months. The reason provided for refusal is "The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application." The application was for a PhD program in IT. I am B.Tech and MBA with 9 years experience in IT.

The PhD program was for Fall deferred to Jan 2023. I plan to reapply. Any suggestions on the reapplication please.

wakongah

Star Member
Apr 11, 2022
Received refusal yesterday after 4.5 months. The reason provided for refusal is "The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application." The application was for a PhD program in IT. I am B.Tech and MBA with 9 years experience in IT.

The PhD program was for Fall deferred to Jan 2023. I plan to reapply. Any suggestions on the reapplication please.
Yikes! Visa applications for those pursuing PhDs are usually approved.

Did you show career progression in your SOP?

Shazam7

Sep 29, 2022
Yikes! Visa applications for those pursuing PhDs are usually approved.

Did you show career progression in your SOP?
Yes. I mentioned B.Tech than MBA(IT & Finance) followed by 9 years in IT consulting in a Big 4 building up a platform for PhD in IT. Also mentioned that a similar PhD program is not available in India and that I want to work as a faculty in one of the B Schools in India after my PhD.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Yes. I mentioned B.Tech than MBA(IT & Finance) followed by 9 years in IT consulting in a Big 4 building up a platform for PhD in IT. Also mentioned that a similar PhD program is not available in India and that I want to work as a faculty in one of the B Schools in India after my PhD.
So sorry to hear about your refusal :( We're in the same boat for the same reason. Your application seems very solid with excellent justifications. Think of more ways to strengthen your "ties" to country with property, stable work, family left behind. Good luck to you! :)

Reactions: Shazam7

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Search the forum for a thread about "reconsideration requests". There was a post about a guy that had a fully funded scholarship for a PHD and was refused. He submitted a webform requesting for his application to be reconsidered and submitted information about why he thought the application had been wrongfully refused. His case was reopened, IRCC requested additional documents and then, his application was approved. It's a longshot but apparently, for some it has worked.

Also, request GCMS notes from IRCC and CBSA to review the VO's comments for refusing your application.

Reactions: Shazam7 and parrots

thuyle1905

Nov 4, 2021
So sorry to hear this. You have a strong profile then. Are you applying SDS or non-SDS? Do you have a well proof of fund?