+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS 2022 Processing Time

dashumar

Sep 17, 2022
My canada sds visa got rejected because of these reasons:
You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
Your current employment situation does not show that you are financially established in your country of residence.
Can anyone help me?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My canada sds visa got rejected because of these reasons:
You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
Your current employment situation does not show that you are financially established in your country of residence.
Can anyone help me?
Order GCMS notes. Need to post full profile.

Reactions: Geet7 and parrots

Navi Dhaliwal

Jul 30, 2022
*Reapplied *
*SDS*
Profile:- +2 passed with commerce stream 74% in 2020
Ielts:- Overall 7.5 not less than 6.5 on 10 april 2021
Applied for Niagara College Toronto on 28th jan 2022
Course :- Business General Diploma
1 Tution fees paid+ 10k Gic +father's itr of 7. 5lakh
Got refused on 12 April 2022
Refusal reason on letter:- Wouldn't leave Canada
I ordered GCMS notes to know about VO's POV which stated,"Text: I have reviewed all the documentation provided for this application-1 have considered the clients education, the client's letter stating their reasons for study. Summary of key findings below: PA seeks to obtain a diploma at a Canadian college; No record of employment.
Study plan submitted is general and does not outline a clear career path for which such an
educational program would be of benefit or improve job prospects back home.
The applicant has failed to satisfy me that pursuing the selected program of study is reasonable given the high cost of international study in Canada when weighed against the potential
career/employment benefits after completion, and the local options available for similar studies. Therefore, I am not satisfied that the applicant would be a bona fide student in Canada who will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay. Application refused as per R216 (1) (b)."

I Reapplied on 4th August 2022 for winter intake by addressing all concerns in SOP+ added Ca report and Property valuation as financial funds along with tution fees, GIC and 2 years ITR

Now the issue is that the networth sums up to 1,28,15, 700 but with only 42, 000 cash as bank balance + 1,13,400 as cash in hand. Everything else is value of agricultural land and house. Although, my father's bank account have good amout of transitions. I am scared this might effect my case. What do you guys think? Please guide me.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
*Reapplied *
*SDS*
Profile:- +2 passed with commerce stream 74% in 2020
Ielts:- Overall 7.5 not less than 6.5 on 10 april 2021
Applied for Niagara College Toronto on 28th jan 2022
Course :- Business General Diploma
1 Tution fees paid+ 10k Gic +father's itr of 7. 5lakh
Got refused on 12 April 2022
Refusal reason on letter:- Wouldn't leave Canada
I ordered GCMS notes to know about VO's POV which stated,"Text: I have reviewed all the documentation provided for this application-1 have considered the clients education, the client's letter stating their reasons for study. Summary of key findings below: PA seeks to obtain a diploma at a Canadian college; No record of employment.
Study plan submitted is general and does not outline a clear career path for which such an
educational program would be of benefit or improve job prospects back home.
The applicant has failed to satisfy me that pursuing the selected program of study is reasonable given the high cost of international study in Canada when weighed against the potential
career/employment benefits after completion, and the local options available for similar studies. Therefore, I am not satisfied that the applicant would be a bona fide student in Canada who will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay. Application refused as per R216 (1) (b)."

I Reapplied on 4th August 2022 for winter intake by addressing all concerns in SOP+ added Ca report and Property valuation as financial funds along with tution fees, GIC and 2 years ITR

Now the issue is that the networth sums up to 1,28,15, 700 but with only 42, 000 cash as bank balance + 1,13,400 as cash in hand. Everything else is value of agricultural land and house. Although, my father's bank account have good amout of transitions. I am scared this might effect my case. What do you guys think? Please guide me.
How old are you? Don’t see anything in your notes that funds are an issue. Are the properties and house in your name? If not, then don’t add anything to your profile. Funds are liquid funds in the bank. You should be showing some of your own funds too. If your father is using all his saving for you then that is an issue.

Your biggest issue is that you need to change programs. A general business diploma gives you no benefit when you return home given the cost. You can study a general business program in your home country.

Navi Dhaliwal

Jul 30, 2022
How old are you? Don’t see anything in your notes that funds are an issue. Are the properties and house in your name? If not, then don’t add anything to your profile. Funds are liquid funds in the bank. You should be showing some of your own funds too. If your father is using all his saving for you then that is an issue.

Your biggest issue is that you need to change programs. A general business diploma gives you no benefit when you return home given the cost. You can study a general business program in your home country.
I turned 20 this year. All the property belongs to my father mother and brother. I don't have job experience to show my own money. I was 19 when i applied first and i have already Reapplied so can't change the course now. Although I justified all concerns of VO in SOP.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I turned 20 this year. All the property belongs to my father mother and brother. I don't have job experience to show my own money. I was 19 when i applied first and i have already Reapplied so can't change the course now. Although I justified all concerns of VO in SOP.
Then all you can do is wait. If refused, consider a degree program not a 2 year general business diploma. A 2 year general program is not worth it and difficult to justify costs.

Navi Dhaliwal

Jul 30, 2022
Then all you can do is wait. If refused, consider a degree program not a 2 year general business diploma. A 2 year general program is not worth it and difficult to justify costs.
Yup... But its really difficult to focus on any thing else. I haven't told my relatives and friends about my first refusal so just praying everyday to God that i receive my visa this time. According to average processing time I may receive my result till October end or November start and if its negative then for reapplying will i have to take medical and ielts test again?? I got my medical test on 31st Dec and ielts on 10th April.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yup... But its really difficult to focus on any thing else. I haven't told my relatives and friends about my first refusal so just praying everyday to God that i receive my visa this time. According to average processing time I may receive my result till October end or November start and if its negative then for reapplying will i have to take medical and ielts test again?? I got my medical test on 31st Dec and ielts on 10th April.
You don‘t need IELTs but you will want to take another medical even if approved. If you didn’t change program and you don’t have work experience then what did you change in your second application? Funds were not the issue. The program was the issue with no experience.

Navi Dhaliwal

Jul 30, 2022
You don‘t need IELTs but you will want to take another medical even if approved. If you didn’t change program and you don’t have work experience then what did you change in your second application? Funds were not the issue. The program was the issue with no experience.
I mentioned about how my interest peaked for this course because of my father as he is a business man too and i used to help him. Other than that, i mentioned about jobs i can get with this course with salary package. I also wrote about how Canada provides practical knowledge as compared to India, where they only provide theoretical knowledge. I addressed all concerns of VO in SOP.

wakongah

Star Member
Apr 11, 2022
Any May or earlier applicants still waiting? We’re (wife’s SP and my OWP) approaching our 19th week (applied May 18) already and it’s honestly getting pretty frustrating. We applied early for January intake because we knew decisions were taking a while and we need ~2 months to wrap things up here before moving. If we don’t get a decision this week we might not have time to join the January intake (i.e., take care of things at work, home, etc before leaving early/mid December). Deferring to a later intake isn’t a very viable option either.

I know that’s just how it is, but our processing time is now more than 50% longer than average (and counting) and frankly it’s ridiculous.

Gness

Sep 13, 2022
Any May or earlier applicants still waiting? We’re (wife’s SP and my OWP) approaching our 19th week (applied May 18) already and it’s honestly getting pretty frustrating. We applied early for January intake because we knew decisions were taking a while and we need ~2 months to wrap things up here before moving. If we don’t get a decision this week we might not have time to join the January intake (i.e., take care of things at work, home, etc before leaving early/mid December). Deferring to a later intake isn’t a very viable option either.

I know that’s just how it is, but our processing time is now more than 50% longer than average (and counting) and frankly it’s ridiculous.
Same here.

Still waiting, applied May 17th

Reactions: wakongah

wakongah

Star Member
Apr 11, 2022
Medical passed June 29 for my wife and July 5 for me. Eligibility review hasn’t started but I suspect (hope?) that it’s ongoing and just not updated on GCKey.

Ad123j

Jul 11, 2022

Applied on 24th May. SP + SOWP + VV
No update except medical update only for spouse on 5th july.
No other update.

Reactions: wakongah
Apr 5, 2022
Hello everyone,
I submitted my file on 20th sept SDS Pakistan. I've passed my medical exam and my biometrics are also submitted. My eligibility review started today (26th sept) , so how long do you think it's going to take IRCC to come up with a decision? Intake is January , 2023.Thanks