+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS 2022 Processing Time

liberty_guy

Nov 2, 2022
Hey @Kharedeepika and @liberty_guy, what do you guys think made it work for your second applications compared to your first ones? Did you make a lot of changes in terms of documents and SOPs?
For me, the program and school.
Another thing is the recommendation from my current employer and their encouraging letter about a new position which could help them upon my graduation.
Last but not least is SOP, and yes, changes in the format and wording, but keep the idea consistent with the last one.

Reactions: parrots

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @maazaslam33`! Thank you for your reply and wishes! Good luck to you too! :)

@parrots - Hi Parrot, Yes it took really long and made me really nervous aswell, was planning to defer if it had not come by march end.

Best of luck for your application :)

No, Iam not a family applicant.

Iam 2020 BE Graduate with around 2.5 years of work ex.

I have CGPA of 8.34 in BE
and have a score of band 8 in IELTS

Reactions: naohFiona

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @naohFiona! :) Thank you for sharing your story! You're the first applicant I meet from China in 2023. Great to know I am not alone from China! Webforms do not speed up the process, unfortunately. This year I'm not going to send any, just wait. As of now, still no updates on our application.

Same SDS from China, almost the same timeline with you
Application Submitted: February 9
Biometrics Updated: February 15
Intake: 1 May

No update ever since. I have submitted two webforms since 9 Mar and only received auto-like reply from IRCC. I also applied for a Spouse Open Work Permit. Do you get yours updated now?

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Thanks a lot @liberty_guy! :) It sounds reassuring! The program of studies was the only issue on my first application too. Have you changed the program and the school or just explained your motivation to pursue it better in your second SOP?

I have not changed my study program, but justified it much better. We have also updated our application with employment and reference letters. And also strengthened our SOPs without losing the essence of my first SOP since it is my true motivation anyways.

For me, the program and school.
Another thing is the recommendation from my current employer and their encouraging letter about a new position which could help them upon my graduation.
Last but not least is SOP, and yes, changes in the format and wording, but keep the idea consistent with the last one.

ridhamp00

Mar 8, 2023
Hi @maazaslam33`! Congratulations to you! :) Wow, it took 7 weeks for your application to be processed. Long as it is, this is the longest timeline for SDS in 2023 I have seen so far. So, it'll be my benchmark. I'll force myself into patience for 7 weeks. Thank you for sharing your story! Are you a family applicant?
Brother i guess your benchmark has to change a bit. I've applied in SDS category on 26th January and its still processing. Its already been 7 weeks and i am stuck at a stage where i feel its gonna take a long time.

• Sad
Reactions: parrots

Mr_Kumar

Feb 2, 2023
Ghaziabad
Category........
STUDY
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2022
Med's Done....
21 Nov 2022
This is too good. Congratulations!

Dear all,
Please see my case..

File lodged on 28 Oct 2022 for Jan 2023 Intake ---- SDS
Biometric checked on 03 Nov 2022
Upfront medicals. Medical pass status on 21 Nov 2022.
Since 24 Nov 2022, it is showing "we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements".

Today, it's been 97 days gone instead of the broadly stated 20 days on the IRCC website.

I don't know what is going on. Any thoughts?
Am I in some trouble?
Can I apply for another study permit with another program & college before they declare the results?
What option do I have besides waiting? I am now getting LOA for Sept 2023. The college is refunding the paid fee and taking time in that.

Any guidelines for me?
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to mention here that day before yesterday I got my Passport Request (PPR). Finally, the killing wait is over for me.

It took 137 days to make a decision by IRCC on my application. Thankfully the decision was in my favor.

Those who are waiting for a long should not lose hope, their PPR will come soon.

Thank you, guys. This forum really helped in the waiting period. :):)

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Congratulations @Mr_Kumar! :) Great news!

Yes, 19.5 weeks sounds about right for applications in 2022. But now the grueling wait is over for you! Good luck to you on your journey! And thank you for your wishes!

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to mention here that day before yesterday I got my Passport Request (PPR). Finally, the killing wait is over for me.

It took 137 days to make a decision by IRCC on my application. Thankfully the decision was in my favor.

Those who are waiting for a long should not lose hope, their PPR will come soon.

Reactions: Mr_Kumar

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
I agree. I was so looking forward to experiencing "fast processing" time of SDS that has supposedly returned to "normal" this year, but but but. As more and more people are reporting a wait of up to 12 weeks, I also feel that there is no choice but to come to terms with the reality of 2023 being only slightly, if at all, different from 2022. :confused:

Brother i guess your benchmark has to change a bit. I've applied in SDS category on 26th January and its still processing. Its already been 7 weeks and i am stuck at a stage where i feel its gonna take a long time.

Random1708

Mar 20, 2023
My timeline for SDS study permit
Application : 18th feb
Biometric : 21th feb
Medical : 3rd march
Approved : 10th march.
After reading some of refusals I felt SOP gives clear message to officer. I suggest take time to write good SOP.
Good luck everyone here

naohFiona

Mar 14, 2023
Hey @naohFiona! :) Thank you for sharing your story! You're the first applicant I meet from China in 2023. Great to know I am not alone from China! Webforms do not speed up the process, unfortunately. This year I'm not going to send any, just wait. As of now, still no updates on our application.
Thank you Parrots for your latest information! :)I still haven't got any updates. Did you try to call them and ask for a reason? I saw some applicants who waited for a long time tried to call them and got some information helpful. The IRCC agents told them what causes the delay then the applicants fixed it. So I tried to call but unfortunately the agent said she couldn't check on the status because I applied it from outside Canada. However my husband called and got this information that his application hadn't been dispatched for a review. It's very frustrating!:(

naohFiona

Mar 14, 2023
After reading some of refusals I felt SOP gives clear message to officer. I suggest take time to write good SOP.
Good luck everyone here
Congrats! Yours was so fast!:D:D:D I forgot to include SOP so I am wondering if I should submit one through the webform. But I am also concerned that it could cause longer processing time and re-calculation of processing time. I haven't got any instruction to update my documents.:(

naohFiona

Mar 14, 2023
Good luck everyone here
Can I ask from which country you applied for the SDS? Thank you!:)

Random1708

Mar 20, 2023
Congrats! Yours was so fast!:D:D:D I forgot to include SOP so I am wondering if I should submit one through the webform. But I am also concerned that it could cause longer processing time and re-calculation of processing time. I haven't got any instruction to update my documents.:(
As far as I know web forms doesn’t effect ur processing time . It might add more details to your file . I applied from india .

seny700

Mar 9, 2023
Hi Guys,

Congrats @Mr_Kumar, wish you good luck for the rest. Could you please share with us your documentation?

Reactions: Mr_Kumar