+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS 2022 Processing Time

liberty_guy

Nov 2, 2022
So, a quick review of this forum for 2023 reveals that there are at least 8 people who got their SDS decision within 20 days and 2 people under 30 days, all approved. One person under 30 days refused. No complains as to the processing time delays in 2023. I am curious, is there anyone out there still waiting with a family SDS application for more than 20 days like me? :rolleyes:
I submittedit on December 26, 2022, and have not received a decision yet.
Actually, it’s a reapply SDS.
Over 10 weeks now.

• Sad
Reactions: parrots

top_gun

Mar 9, 2023
Just sharing my timeline for SDS (first attempt)

Course - Digital and Content Marketing at York University (PG Diploma)

Application : Jan 18, 2023

Biometric letter: Jan 19, 2023

Biometrics done: Jan 24, 2023

Biometrics completed: Jan 24, 2023

Medical upfront and passed : Jan 26, 2023

PPR : February 1, 2023
Congratulation! Could you share your IELTS score and how many years of work ex you have?

top_gun

Mar 9, 2023
File lodged on 6th January 2023 --- SDS
Upfront medicals
Biometrics: BIL on 6th January and Biometrics done on 10th January - updated on 10th January
Background check started - 7th January 2023
Medicals passed on 11th January 2023
PPR & Application Approved: 23 January 2023

Application Approved in 17 days.

Please note that from admission process to visa filling, I did everything by myself. No agents and no IDP Frauds.

Apart from my College Fee and GIC, I had submitted a strong LOE and showed some FD also (because I am a working professional and had savings).
GAP Period: 2 Years, Work experience: 4 Years.
Congratulation, could you please share your IELTS score and what college did you apply..Thanks

seny700

Mar 9, 2023
Application Submitted: February 15
Medical Passed: March 2
PPR: March 8
Congrats. When it comes to the finances, did you share any document other than the GIC certificate and the proof of payment for first year tuition?

Last edited:

seny700

Mar 9, 2023
Hello everyone. I'm new here.

I know that it is crucial to add a strong SOP to a SDS application, but how about additional financial documents such as bank statements....or can a strong enough SOP be enough? Finally does the IRCC updates the Review of Eligibility immediately after a background check?

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hi @maazaslam33`! Congratulations to you! :) Wow, it took 7 weeks for your application to be processed. Long as it is, this is the longest timeline for SDS in 2023 I have seen so far. So, it'll be my benchmark. I'll force myself into patience for 7 weeks. Thank you for sharing your story! Are you a family applicant?

I wanted to share my timeline for SDS visa file from India.

Intake May 2023

Application Submitted: Jan 18 2023
Biometric completed: Jan 24 2023
Biometrics Updated: Feb 10th 2023
Medical Passed: Feb 7th 2023
PPR: March 9 2023

Reactions: maazaslam33`

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
I would expect some 2022 applications to still be in a backlog. The IRCC has said that they aim to process the new 2023 applications within the normal standard timelines, but they are yet to clear the full backlog from 2022. Maybe your application is among those ones. If this is your second, your first probably took a long time to be processed in 2022 as well, right?

I submittedit on December 26, 2022, and have not received a decision yet.
Actually, it’s a reapply SDS.
Over 10 weeks now.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Financial documents are extremely important for both SDS and non-SDS applications. Attach and explain as many as you can.

Do not pay much attention to the Review of Eligibility as it might never get updated. So might all other steps (Medical, background check) for that matter. It doesn't mean a thing. Just wait for your final decision patiently.

Hello everyone. I'm new here.

I know that it is crucial to add a strong SOP to a SDS application, but how about additional financial documents such as bank statements....or can a strong enough SOP be enough? Finally does the IRCC updates the Review of Eligibility immediately after a background check?

Reactions: seny700

jakebake

Mar 7, 2023
Financial documents are extremely important for both SDS and non-SDS applications. Attach and explain as many as you can.

Do not pay much attention to the Review of Eligibility as it might never get updated. So might all other steps (Medical, background check) for that matter. It doesn't mean a thing. Just wait for your final decision patiently.
I agree with what you said.

I submitted my Passport yesterday and I received the letter of introduction today. I also see the Review of Eligibility and Background Check updated. So Eligibility and Background will matter after you send your Passport.

Reactions: seny700