+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS 2022 Processing Time

seny700

Mar 9, 2023
Financial documents are extremely important for both SDS and non-SDS applications. Attach and explain as many as you can.

Do not pay much attention to the Review of Eligibility as it might never get updated. So might all other steps (Medical, background check) for that matter. It doesn't mean a thing. Just wait for your final decision patiently.
Alright thank you a lot. I'll keep that in mind if I ever need to reapply.

Reactions: parrots

maazaslam33`

Mar 8, 2023
Hi @maazaslam33`! Congratulations to you! :) Wow, it took 7 weeks for your application to be processed. Long as it is, this is the longest timeline for SDS in 2023 I have seen so far. So, it'll be my benchmark. I'll force myself into patience for 7 weeks. Thank you for sharing your story! Are you a family applicant?
Hi @maazaslam33`! Congratulations to you! :) Wow, it took 7 weeks for your application to be processed. Long as it is, this is the longest timeline for SDS in 2023 I have seen so far. So, it'll be my benchmark. I'll force myself into patience for 7 weeks. Thank you for sharing your story! Are you a family applicant?
@parrots - Hi Parrot, Yes it took really long and made me really nervous aswell, was planning to defer if it had not come by march end.

Best of luck for your application :)

No, Iam not a family applicant.

Iam 2020 BE Graduate with around 2.5 years of work ex.

I have CGPA of 8.34 in BE
and have a score of band 8 in IELTS

seny700

Mar 9, 2023
The rejection reason was “purpose of visit is not consistent”. Documents provided for the second application were pretty much same as the first one, apart from a new SOP with justification regards to the purpose of visit.
Congrats @Almoll0006 on your PPR . When it comes to the finances, did you share any other document in addition to the GIC certificate and the proof of payment for first year tuition?

seny700

Mar 9, 2023
Hi,

I wanted to share my timeline for SDS visa file from India.

Intake May 2023

Application Submitted: Jan 18 2023
Biometric completed: Jan 24 2023
Biometrics Updated: Feb 10th 2023
Medical Passed: Feb 7th 2023
PPR: March 9 2023
Congrats @maazaslam33` on your PPR . When it comes to the finances, did you share any other document in addition to the GIC certificate and the proof of payment for first year tuition?

seny700

Mar 9, 2023
SDS applicant from Pakistan :
Application Submitted: January 16, 2023
Medical Exam upfront
Biometrics: January 17, 2023
PPR: February 9, 2023
Congrats @Arxi on your PPR . When it comes to the finances, did you share any other document in addition to the GIC certificate and the proof of payment for first year tuition?

maazaslam33`

Mar 8, 2023
Congrats @maazaslam33` on your PPR . When it comes to the finances, did you share any other document in addition to the GIC certificate and the proof of payment for first year tuition?
Hi, I had shared my own bank account details which showed my salary being credited, but it did not have any significant savings.

I had mentioned in my SOP that my parents will be taking care of both years of stay in canada.

Reactions: seny700

seny700

Mar 9, 2023
Hi, I had shared my own bank account details which showed my salary being credited, but it did not have any significant savings.

I had mentioned in my SOP that my parents will be taking care of both years of stay in canada.
Thanx @maazaslam33` and sorry for asking more questions. With a regular 10k GIC ? if yes what city are you going to ?

naohFiona

Mar 14, 2023
Hey guys! :) I haven't been to the forum for a while, great to be back!

Congratulations to @jakebake, @Newbiechn and @Thrishaa on getting your PPRs! :)

You guys are the first I see not only being approved, but getting your decisions within 20 days in 2023. I am jealous because my timeline is exactly as yours:

SDS from China
Application Submitted: February 16
Biometrics Updated: February 17

However, there are no updates on our application since.

Has anyone else experienced delays with SDS applications in 2023, especially family applicants?
Same SDS from China, almost the same timeline with you
Application Submitted: February 9
Biometrics Updated: February 15
Intake: 1 May

No update ever since. I have submitted two webforms since 9 Mar and only received auto-like reply from IRCC. I also applied for a Spouse Open Work Permit. Do you get yours updated now?

maazaslam33`

Mar 8, 2023
Thanx @maazaslam33` and sorry for asking more questions. With a regular 10k GIC ? if yes what city are you going to ?
Hi,

It's alright :)

Yes it was a regular 10k GIC, I am heading to vancouver.

I had clarified in the detail the course selection that I had done, Also my return plans to india post the program was clearly explained in SOP

seny700

Mar 9, 2023
Hi,

It's alright :)

Yes it was a regular 10k GIC, I am heading to vancouver.

I had clarified in the detail the course selection that I had done, Also my return plans to india post the program was clearly explained in SOP
Oh great thannnx a lot. You made my day I was kinda depressed