+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

score for 6th draw?

docshe

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Jaxon911 said:

If the cut off score goes below 420 then high skilled people doing well back home should think before applying because with that low cut off score, Canada will be only getting increase in unemployment and will have lots partially skilled struggling people doing survival jobs.

There would be no way for Canadian job market to absorb people without strong technical and communication skills. Most high scorers have four major factors in common, solid language test score, young age, decent work exp (between 2- 5 years) and at least a master's degree. With this basic stuff, one would easily go over 420!

Of course, no offense to those with low score. But practically speaking, they should try and improve the score as much as possible, this will only make them stronger and better equipped to migrate and find a skilled job. English testing score is the major factor in the score, so most people with low score are likely to have low IELTS score, or they're too old to score much points in Age section.

If this is the case then they should think twice before migrating because without strong English or after certain age it's very very difficult to migrate somewhere, ie. learn their manners and customs, and feel part of mainstream society and all of these factors make it very very difficult to find a decent job!
So Mr Jaxon in your Opinion the persons with 40+ of age have no right to think about migration to any where? I was read a lot of stuff in this forum but no one ever said this type of opinion. Why you think so? B/c if person like me with a masters degree in health care with a lot of experience is just 304 marks b/c of less age point still wants to struggle for immigration to give a better life for my kids, you have no rights to discourage any one. Every one has rights to think about him/ herself, lets leave it to CIC to choose.

Jaxon911

Champion Member
Jun 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
PR App 2014-06-23 & Citizenship App Filed in Aug 2022
docshe said:
So Mr Jaxon in your Opinion the persons with 40+ of age have no right to think about migration to any where? I was read a lot of stuff in this forum but no one ever said this type of opinion. Why you think so? B/c if person like me with a masters degree in health care with a lot of experience is just 304 marks b/c of less age point still wants to struggle for immigration to give a better life for my kids, you have no rights to discourage any one. Every one has rights to think about him/ herself, lets leave it to CIC to choose.
I didn't say have no right. I CLEARLY said "Think twice before migrating" and that is because it's very difficult migrate, whether your like it or not that's a reality! And if people fail to migrate then they write posts like this one below, check it out.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/brutal-winter-and-a-jobless-immigrant-family-t272384.0.html

I know at least a few people here will try and prove me wrong, especially WITHOUT READING CAREFULLY what I wrote, just like YOU DID but unfortunately that doesn't change the reality I'm trying to present.

Again, all I'm trying to say is if your situation back home is good, then keep a Plan B option available to return home if things don't work out well in Canada. If it's not good then of course there's no sense in keeping plan B because it's probably better to be in a bad situation in a country like Canada than in a third world country, that is if Plan A fails!

pravatmail

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
Hi Guys,

I have done my Bachelor degree (BCOM) and Master degree (MCA) from India.
Do I need to evaluate both the degree for Express Entry or only the highest degree that is MCA ?

Jaxon911

Champion Member
Jun 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
GARJ said:
You think those qualifications are basic lol? You consider solid test scores, young age, decent work experience AND a master's degree basic stuff? HAHAHAHA you've got to be kidding...
Garj, I'm not sure if you've lived in western world. May be USA is an exception. Let me tell you, I'm being honest. For a good skilled job in London UK, where I'm currently living, basic requirements are the ones I mentioned. And that is considering that there job market in London is much bigger and better than any Canadian city. So I can confidently say that those are also the basic requirements in Canada. And the reason they're basic is because you will find everyone has them. If someone isn't able to speak, read or write fluently English, they're by default at a disadvantage because there is no shortage of people with GOOD English skills in Canada. It'd be different in a non-English speaking country.

And the reality is that people with those strong basic skills have a chance of finding job they want, and many of those with strong basic skills also have to return home because this part of the world is simply too competitive. It's not like India, the level of competitiveness is fierce here in western world.

I'm not sure if you've read or heard about Red Queen Effect, that is what this western world is living under.

Red queen effect:
----------------
"Well, in our country," said Alice, still panting a little, "you'd generally get to somewhere else—if you run very fast for a long time, as we've been doing."

"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"

Jaxon911

Champion Member
Jun 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
pravatmail said:
Hi Guys,

I have done my Bachelor degree (BCOM) and Master degree (MCA) from India.
Do I need to evaluate both the degree for Express Entry or only the highest degree that is MCA ?
It'd be better of course if you can get done both, if not, highest should suffice. At least in my case (in FSWP 2014) it did.

J.

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iphone5 said:
i also believe that cic will move to noc specific draws
the whole point of the EE system is to eliminate NOC specific draws :D

harish21jun

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
What about someone who has <300 points.
Also I want to know if all you guys has done ECA because I think it would not be possible to get 300+ points without ECA.

Please let me know.

amir85

Mar 24, 2015
It's so hard to predict the cut score for the next draw since the CIC has surprised us so far in the draws. I am just hopeful that someday they will reach my score, 403, so that I can receive an ITA :)

seabay

Mar 10, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jaxon911 said:
Garj, I'm not sure if you've lived in western world. May be USA is an exception. Let me tell you, I'm being honest. For a good skilled job in London UK, where I'm currently living, basic requirements are the ones I mentioned. And that is considering that there job market in London is much bigger and better than any Canadian city. So I can confidently say that those are also the basic requirements in Canada. And the reason they're basic is because you will find everyone has them. If someone isn't able to speak, read or write fluently English, they're by default at a disadvantage because there is no shortage of people with GOOD English skills in Canada. It'd be different in a non-English speaking country.

And the reality is that people with those strong basic skills have a chance of finding job they want, and many of those with strong basic skills also have to return home because this part of the world is simply too competitive. It's not like India, the level of competitiveness is fierce here in western world.

I'm not sure if you've read or heard about Red Queen Effect, that is what this western world is living under.

Red queen effect:
----------------
"Well, in our country," said Alice, still panting a little, "you'd generally get to somewhere else—if you run very fast for a long time, as we've been doing."

"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"
Two questions:

1. Does high Ielts score mean great communication ability?
2. Any person can improve their communication skills quickly if they want.

These are not concerns if you have a positive attitude.

sumit.singh.hallan

Jan 2, 2015
Gurgaon, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE Profile Created - 20-01-2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
Completed. L-9.0 , R-8.5, W-7.0, S-7.0
LANDED..........
Pretty soon
seabay said:
Two questions:

IELTS doesn't only test your communication skill but your aptitude, reasoning, thought process and creativity.

If only communication was the criteria, native english speakers will score overall 9, which is not the case.

Indian being good at reasoning, score higher in reading and writing.

Jaxon911

Champion Member
Jun 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Your answers are below:

seabay said:
Two questions:

I certainly do believe it's the best possible way to judge people but I am no expert. Citizenship and Immigration Canada does think high language score means candidate is much more likely succeed in migrating to Canada and launch a successful life, that's why they have given such high importance to it in points system!

IELTS is a simple exam, if one is struggling to score well in IELTS then I'd be very honest, he/she would struggle to clear almost any interview or job related aptitude test conducted in English and there is strong competition in Canada for every job! People in this forum are going to compete with each other as well as local Canadians for jobs in Canada after landing! Additionally, what Sumit.Singh.Hallan said is correct, IELTS tests basic aptitude abilities too.

NO. NOT ANYONE can! But that is the point. Those who CAN'T are not going to find it easy to compete for the same jobs with those who CAN!

And I think your question is somewhat incorrect too. Improving quickly is something probably most cannot do. But most people doing skilled jobs now a days have to use English to communicate in their routine life. They develop skills over the years, that's why there are points for work experience.

I certainly have positive attitude. That's why I am being honest. Most (90%) of the immigrants I know in the UK didn't have strong academic background, work exp and strong communication skills so they are now doing minimum wage job here in the UK, even though they have right to work or PR in the UK!

Not every school is good, to send their kids to a good school they have to live in a good locality, but property and rent prices in good locality are impossible for them to afford so THEY CAME HERE THINKING THEIR KIDS WILL GET BETTER LIFE AND EDUCATION HERE, REALITY IS OPPOSITE FOR MOST OF THEM, MOST OF THEM ARE SHARING A ROOM IN A HOUSE WITH OTHERS AND SENDING THEIR KIDS TO NOT SO GOOD SCHOOLS, BACK HOME THEY WERE ABLE TO AT LEAST SEND THEIR KIDS TO DECENT SCHOOL AND LIVE IN A LOW CRIME / DECENT AREA!

Jaxon911

Champion Member
Jun 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......

Having said all of these, I believe it's highly unlikely that CIC will start sending ITAs to candidates scoring below 420. This assumption is based on the criteria used in FSWP. Minimum points required in FSWP are 67. I think 67 in FSWP is about same as score of 420 in Express Entry. That was the basis of my original argument.

I could be wrong, however, in any case I wish you all good luck!

AgentC

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Jaxon911 said:

Having said all of these, I believe it's highly unlikely that CIC will start sending ITAs to candidates scoring below 420. This assumption is based on the criteria used in FSWP. Minimum points required in FSWP are 67. I think 67 in FSWP is about same as score of 420 in Express Entry. That was the basis of my original argument.

I could be wrong, however, in any case I wish you all good luck!
I don't think so. In FSWP system I was scoring around 71-72 and in EE I am scoring around 385.. And also keep the increased quota in mind.. the total intake is HUGE this time as compared to last year..

So let's be optimistic!!

cooldek1986

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys,

I am scoring 375 points in EE.. Let's be optimistic and wait for the next draw..

kristelgen

Star Member
May 1, 2012
PHILIPPINES
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
MANILA
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
JUNE 14 2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
cooldek1986 said:
Hello Guys,

I am scoring 375 points in EE.. Let's be optimistic and wait for the next draw..

You are under FSW right? What is your assessment score?