+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

score for 6th draw?

tanvirhashem

Star Member
Mar 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone.

I am a new member here in this forum. I have a query, will be very glad if anyone clarify the matter.
As far as I know, in the previous system, some points were allocated for applicant who is having siblings or some other relatives in Canada. My point is, under the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS), is there any points allocated for this factor??
TIA.. :)

preeti.msingh109

Jul 18, 2014
tanvirhashem said:
Hello Everyone.

I am a new member here in this forum. I have a query, will be very glad if anyone clarify the matter.
As far as I know, in the previous system, some points were allocated for applicant who is having siblings or some other relatives in Canada. My point is, under the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS), is there any points allocated for this factor??
No..we do not have it

hamidur

Sep 2, 2014
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
0131 (EE Point 438)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015
tanvirhashem said:
Hello Everyone.

For CRS, No points for Relative in Canada... You can check points distribution from following link.. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp#a1

Jaxon911

Champion Member
Jun 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
PR App 2014-06-23 & Citizenship App Filed in Aug 2022
Kayes said:
My FSWP score is going to be at least 75 (currently waiting for IELTS result) but CRS score is probably going to be around 325. Do you think I am calculating my score wrong? I have a Bachelors degree in computer science and engineering with over 8 years of experience (No education and job experience in Canada). I am 34 years old and currently doing MS in Computing In USA. NOC is 2174. What do you think about my chances? Thanks in advance
I think you're probably calculating it correctly. You are losing 25 points due to age. And I have just figured out that in FSW CIC was awarding 15 points for 6+ years of work experience. This makes a big difference, 3 years of work exp get 50 and candidates with 6 or 10 years also get 50.

Also IELTS scores make a big difference. The scoring system for IELTS has changed in the EE as well. One can't change his/her age, so the only option is to improve IELTS and your MS would help with 14 extra points too.

Good luck!

crazydesifool

Nov 14, 2014
Regina, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172/6211
App. Filed.......
26 Nov 15
Doc's Request.
21 Jan 16 - RCMP and 18 May 16 - Sch A
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
22 Dec 15
IELTS Request
included in the application - CELPIP
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
included in application
Med's Done....
8 Jan 16
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
7 Jun 16
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jun 16
LANDED..........
02 Jul 16
HI all,

I am in a dilemma, I applied for FSW 2014 in dec (NOC 2172) and no updates yet. I calculated my points in express entry and comes to 459, What should I do? Can you please suggest some ways. I'm waiting for replies.

Can I also apply in EE for this draw?

hamidur

Sep 2, 2014
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
0131 (EE Point 438)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015
crazydesifool said:
HI all,

I am in a dilemma, I applied for FSW 2014 in dec (NOC 2172) and no updates yet. I calculated my points in express entry and comes to 459, What should I do? Can you please suggest some ways. I'm waiting for replies.

You can try calling CIC call center to check whether your NOC is capped out or not.. If you want, you can submit your profile as well.. I believe, there is no harm to do so..

crazydesifool

Nov 14, 2014
Regina, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172/6211
App. Filed.......
26 Nov 15
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
22 Dec 15
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
included in application
Med's Done....
8 Jan 16
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
7 Jun 16
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jun 16
LANDED..........
02 Jul 16
hamidur said:
You can try calling CIC call center to check whether your NOC is capped out or not.. If you want, you can submit your profile as well.. I believe, there is no harm to do so..
What information would they ask for, as I did through an agent (Im in toronto at the moment)? I mean, basic pp no. DOB or fav food etc as I have no info about the latter at the moment?

rams2me

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please go ahead and enroll in EE.
If you havent received AOR yet , then you are good to go.

hamidur

Sep 2, 2014
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
0131 (EE Point 438)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015
crazydesifool said:
What information would they ask for, as I did through an agent (Im in toronto at the moment)? I mean, basic pp no. DOB or fav food etc as I have no info about the latter at the moment?
They will ask for your UCI number.. if you don't know your UCI number, then You just need to say that and they will ask some basic questions.. like your name, Email address, DOB.. Then they will search their database and let you know your application status.

crazydesifool

Nov 14, 2014
Regina, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172/6211
App. Filed.......
26 Nov 15
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
22 Dec 15
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
included in application
Med's Done....
8 Jan 16
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
7 Jun 16
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jun 16
LANDED..........
02 Jul 16
hamidur said:
They will ask for your UCI number.. if you don't know your UCI number, then You just need to say that and they will ask some basic questions.. like your name, Email address, DOB.. Then they will search their database and let you know your application status.
Thank you, i will call them up and update you.

Davin

Mar 17, 2015
hi, this is FSW eligible candidate with 377 score. i want to ask if it matters whether we fill yes to job letter when we have only job letter but no LMIA. i have job letter but it doesnot support LMIA . i put YES to job letter, YES to full time employment, YES to full time employement as all these hold true for me, and put No to LMIA. do i need to put NO for job letter and other columns too ? can it make difference as i put YES to job letter but NO to LMIA?

would be thankful to response

Jaxon911

Champion Member
Jun 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
PR App 2014-06-23 & Citizenship App Filed in Aug 2022
crazydesifool said:
HI all,

Your score is good. You should submit your profile in EE to get a chance in EE 6th or 7th draw. There is no harm in submitting EE profile. If you do get an ITA, you can call CIO, Sydney and withdraw your file from FSW application. If you get an AOR before getting an ITA then you can remove your EE profile from the pool! Until then you can let both the profile progress!

Meanwhile check if CIC can provide some information about your application.

crazydesifool

Nov 14, 2014
Regina, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172/6211
App. Filed.......
26 Nov 15
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
22 Dec 15
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
included in application
Med's Done....
8 Jan 16
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
7 Jun 16
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jun 16
LANDED..........
02 Jul 16
Jaxon911 said:
Your score is good. You should submit your profile in EE to get a chance in EE 6th or 7th draw. There is no harm in submitting EE profile. If you do get an ITA, you can call CIO, Sydney and withdraw your file from FSW application. If you get an AOR before getting an ITA then you can remove your EE profile from the pool! Until then you can let both the profile progress!

Meanwhile check if CIC can provide some information about your application.
Thats positive answer, thank you for making me feel better. As I am in canada at the moment and my WP expires this aug

hamidur

Sep 2, 2014
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
0131 (EE Point 438)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015
fliptraveler said:
It seems like there will be no draw this Friday. People are not posting about their profile being updated. LOL
My profile was updated day before yesterday.. Although no change happened.. :)

So far I got Update message on March 19 and March 23 after submitting my profile on March 3..