+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scope of software developer profile without canadian degree/experience

Mar 24, 2018
I am currently having solid hands-on technical experience of 6+ years in India.

I wanted to know the career growth prospects for a software developer in Canada. Especially when someone is not carrying a Canadian degree or experience.

So I am just concerned about whether I will be able to get a satisfactory job in some good software development company or good companies prefer candidates with a Canadian degree and experience?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am currently having solid hands-on technical experience of 6+ years in India.

I wanted to know the career growth prospects for a software developer in Canada. Especially when someone is not carrying a Canadian degree or experience.

So I am just concerned about whether I will be able to get a satisfactory job in some good software development company or good companies prefer candidates with a Canadian degree and experience?
If your skills are very good your chances are good. One of the fields where your skills can be tested during an interview process. Whether coming to Canada makes sense is something you need to look at. Many are receiving a similar salary in India but cost of living and taxes are much lower. Really depends on your situation.