+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GitaM456

Newbie
Sep 27, 2026
6
0
Hi everyone,

Looking for advice on my PR strategy:
  • I am currently working in BC as a Software Engineer under the same NOC as my previous foreign experience.
  • I will complete 2 years of Canadian work experience at the end of January 2027, and my work permit expires in July 2027.
  • Before coming to Canada, I worked as a Software Engineer for a foreign company from July 2021 to November 2022.
  • My foreign experience salary was mainly paid in cash. I have supporting documents including:
    • Employment letter
    • Cash salary receipts
    • One bank salary transaction
    • Company records
  • I joined the company as a Software Engineer and became a director at the same time.
  • I did not have ownership/shareholding during my employment period.
  • After my employment ended, I received 50% ownership in 2023 and remained a director.
  • The company is still active but was a small informal business. Currently, it only provides services to a few recurring clients and does not have major operations.
  • I have not worked for the company since my employment ended.
  • I disclosed my Software Engineer experience in my all previous Canadian immigration applications. However, I did not mention my ownership/directorship in any of the applications(Study, study extension, PGWP).
My main confusion is around BC PNP vs Express Entry:

Option 1: BC PNP
  • If I apply for BC PNP in January 2027, I may not need to rely on my foreign experience.
  • However, I am concerned about the timeline because my work permit expires in July 2027.
  • I am also uncertain what BC PNP invitation scores will look like in 2027 and whether my score will be competitive.
Option 2: Express Entry
  • If I apply through Express Entry, I may need to use my foreign experience to get enough CRS points for PR.
  • This creates concerns because of the cash-paid salary and my director relationship with the company.
  • Without using my foreign experience, I may not have enough points.
My goal is to choose the safest path while considering the timeline before my work permit expires.

Would appreciate advice from anyone who has experience with a similar situation.

Thank you.