+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

School for my daughter!

new2cana

May 31, 2018
Hello! I am moving to Canada soon and my daughter is 4 years old.

I am expecting my case to be finalize by August.

I am wondering if it would be too late to register my daughter in a school by that time, especially that it would be my first time in Canada.

Is it possible to look up schools online and ask for early registration?

What do you guys recommend?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hello! I am moving to Canada soon and my daughter is 4 years old.

I am expecting my case to be finalize by August.

I am wondering if it would be too late to register my daughter in a school by that time, especially that it would be my first time in Canada.

Is it possible to look up schools online and ask for early registration?

What do you guys recommend?
Do you know exactly where you will live and what the school district will be?

A school will most likely demand at minimum proof of intended residence there (so agreement to purchase a home or a pre-agreed lease/rental agreement) before allowing her to register at a school in that district.

Reactions: new2cana

new2cana

May 31, 2018
My preference is Ontario.

Thank you so much for your replies. I opened another thread (which city to choose?) and I am inquiring about where to live first as you recommended.

Thanks again!

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hello.
I got study permit. My kids age 5 and 9 have TRV. How they study long term with TRV. My course is 2 years. Plz guide me.
TRV is a visa with an end date and I believe the end date should be either aligned with your study permit end date or their passport (one or the other)
They can study on TRV so no issues at all.

Once you land at the airport you will be asked to proceed to an immigration desk who will welcome you and provide you the study permit(an A4 paper) and for your children a vision record. Your elder one should have a study permit too right ?

Study permit sample: https://www.mcgill.ca/internationalstudents/files/internationalstudents/sp-new2013.jpg

Visitor Record sample:
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Mpe2SyBEQUM/U9u7pSRMRwI/AAAAAAAABmc/dw4H_6ygxy8/w506-h910/Visa+Extention+2.jpg

Keep your kids birth certificate with you for this purpose

Umbreen zubair

Feb 3, 2018
TRV is a visa with an end date and I believe the end date should be either aligned with your study permit end date or their passport (one or the other)

Once you land at the airport you will be asked to proceed to an immigration desk who will welcome you and provide you the study permit(an A4 paper) and for your children a vision record. Your elder one should have a study permit too right ?

Study permit sample: https://www.mcgill.ca/internationalstudents/files/internationalstudents/sp-new2013.jpg

Visitor Record sample:
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Mpe2SyBEQUM/U9u7pSRMRwI/AAAAAAAABmc/dw4H_6ygxy8/w506-h910/Visa+Extention+2.jpg

Thank for reply.
Actually, we all have TRV before which expire in 2019. And now i got study permit till 2020. So in that case what i do...they can not stay with me more that 6 months??? Or is there any option

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018

Umbreen zubair

Feb 3, 2018

Visitor Record sample:

Thank for reply.
Actually, we all have TRV before which expire in 2019. And now i got study permit till 2020. So in that case what i do...they can not stay with me more that 6 months??? Or is there any option

Umbreen zubair

Feb 3, 2018
Thnx for link..
So as i have study permit.. so my kids dont needa study permit ? Or do i claim on airport? I don't want to be in any trouble on airport..plz tell me..in that case what should i do. Should i told the immigration officer that kids will stay with me. because in my application i didn't said that kids will not accompanying me..

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thnx for link..
So as i have study permit.. so my kids dont needa study permit ? Or do i claim on airport? I don't want to be in any trouble on airport..plz tell me..in that case what should i do. Should i told the immigration officer that kids will stay with me. because in my application i didn't said that kids will not accompanying me..
If your kids have visit visa they will be provided with visitor records only.
My only concern is that your study permit/visa is until 2020 and there TRV is until 2019.
I suggest you to speak or write to IRCC or the Canadian embassy in our home country to ensure that there TRV is in line with your study permit/visa, before you move out of your country
If you are working through a consultant ask him about that

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thnx for link..
did you get the feedback from CIC or your consultant ?