+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office / timeline after test

fedex682

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
I finished my oath today! It was a beautiful ceremony. I now have to wait 2 more days before I apply for the passport.

Good luck to everyone!

adamkia

Mar 23, 2015
Hi There,

I did my citizenship test and interview today. During the interview, an officer asked y to sign a white form. I did not understand what was that? Any idea or experience?

By the way, I failed the test. Do you know how long the rescheduling take time?

Thanks

Soos

Aug 6, 2015
fedex682 said:
I finished my oath today! It was a beautiful ceremony. I now have to wait 2 more days before I apply for the passport.

Good luck to everyone!
Congrats :)
My oath ceremony was also today it was very nice , organised and full of proud people :D
Thats my plan too to apply in 2 days for the passport , good luck to all.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Noticed lately the CIC is asking Finger Prints for most of the candidates either before or after the test. Probably, its new delay tactics under the pretext of security by CIC to borrow another few more weeks or months for processing.

It would be better if CIC make Finger Print mandatory with the Citizenship Application instead of late surprises and delaying tactics.

adamkia

Mar 23, 2015
Hi There,

I did my citizenship test and interview today. During the interview, an officer asked y to sign a white form. I did not understand what was that? Any idea or experience?

Thanks

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
adamkia said:
Hi There,

Thanks
Probably its going to take some time, may be few months time. However, you can check with the Call Center agents for more details.

adamkia

Mar 23, 2015
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Probably its going to take some time, may be few months time. However, you can check with the Call Center agents for more details.
During the interview, an officer asked y to sign a white form. I did not understand what was that? Any idea or experience?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
adamkia said:
During the interview, an officer asked y to sign a white form. I did not understand what was that? Any idea or experience?
I read from many candidates who were asked to sign the white paper which could be the intent to live in Canada. It has nothing to do with your passing or failing the test.

I just noticed on other thread, an application to prepare for Citizenship Test. Hope you may find it helpful....

App is Canadian Citizenship Quiz by OCASI

There is another good site for preparing and self test http://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test-practice/

However, the best way is to read few times the "Discover Canada" that covers everything and quite sufficient for most.

Loriboo

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
I cleared my CIC test last year on august 5 in Hamilton Ontario, its been over 6 months since I have passed the test and 15 months since I applied, I have not heard from CIC, as per online, I should get the Oath in 6 months, unfortunately, I have not received the oath invitation yet, When I called them, they said, everything is good in my file, they started a back ground/security check on February 9 this year, a decision will be made soon. I am wondering if anyone knows what is back ground/Security check and How long it takes?

canmozu

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
Loriboo said:
I cleared my CIC test last year on august 5 in Hamilton Ontario, its been over 6 months since I have passed the test and 15 months since I applied, I have not heard from CIC, as per online, I should get the Oath in 6 months, unfortunately, I have not received the oath invitation yet, When I called them, they said, everything is good in my file, they started a back ground/security check on February 9 this year, a decision will be made soon. I am wondering if anyone knows what is back ground/Security check and How long it takes?
Get ATIP report which will give exact report about your file, your clearances done or pending, movement of your file, decision made if any and notes on the file which give you some accurate information about your case.

adamkia

Mar 23, 2015

JJGGG

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adamkia said:
i dont think its a white document . its an affidavit that you have truthfully filled up your application ....

fedex682

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
I applied for my passport today in person. I will be picking the passport up March 16

If you are in Toronto or the GTA and you are looking for a quick 'In person' application, do check out the passport office at Yonge and Sheppard. The whole process took me just half hour in total during the peak lunch hour! This office is pretty efficient and they open early around 8 AM too.

figgy

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
24-09-2012
File Transfer...
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2013
LANDED..........
12-01-2013
My husband had his ceremony at the Scarborough office yesterday! it was lovely. they asked for the pink letter, PR card and COPR.

they only allowed each person to line up with ONE GUEST EACH, extra guests (my dad included) had to wait until everyone sat down to see if there was any room left. luckily my dad got the last seat.

His test was Feb 22 and Oath March 16 so it was very fast.

good luck to everyone waiting! It is worth the wait :D