Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
Just received my oath invitation, too. November 4th.

Skakeholder

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC agent just told me that waiting time to get oath letter is up to 6 months from the test date. :(
But on the test date I was told by the immigration officer that we will receive oath invitation in about 2-4 months.

harnit2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shaazdeh said:
I am sorry you are going through this. Have you called your MP or MPP?
Yes. I did everything I could. Called MP. They called CIC. Basically CIC's process of checking status sucks. They themselves have no clue where the file is and what is going on with it. I cannot believe that is the system we dealing with in 21st century.

Yesterday I used Privacy Act to get more information. Atleast tell me why my file is stuck. How stupid it is to process 15 days old file when people are waiting for like 8 months. If the system changed how are we culprits for it?

Harnit

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
I've had to call the CIC call centre myself, but I couldn't get a hold of an agent today.

My concern is that I am already 13 days away from the oath ceremony, despite just learning what my oath date is today, and if I have to make travel preparations, 12 days to leave town if I have to head down south. Meanwhile, I haven't received the oath letter yet like I thought I would. That makes travel preparations and hotel reservations a but dicey when there isn't so much of a notice, and yet all I really want to know, is where my ceremony is going to take place. Maybe, I don't even have to leave town? Well, I just don't know either way, and that is what I want to know.

I also had to call ahead last August, once I was aware of my test date, in order to learn where I was going to take the test, because I never got that letter in the mail, either. Had I not done that, I would've missed the test altogether, and I would have never had a clue.

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harnit2010 said:
Yes. I did everything I could. Called MP. They called CIC. Basically CIC's process of checking status sucks. They themselves have no clue where the file is and what is going on with it. I cannot believe that is the system we dealing with in 21st century.

Yesterday I used Privacy Act to get more information. Atleast tell me why my file is stuck. How stupid it is to process 15 days old file when people are waiting for like 8 months. If the system changed how are we culprits for it?

Harnit
That happen with my PR, they literally lost half of my document and after two years of not hearing back, I was asked to fill in application and send them some other files.

Call CIC call centre and tell the agent, "your colleague told me that if I don't hear back in 6 months after my test, I should call back and follow up and now I am following up", if the person doesn't want to help you, call again until someone does. If your MP has changed, call and ask them again! Believe me , your file is sitting somewhere and someone has to be bothered to go and find it for you!

I would even write a letter to Scarborough Centre, include my information and tell them my MP informed me that you are not able to locate my file and I am concerned. If the right person receives it, gonna look into it.

skFSW

Jan 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
12-Mar-2010 Doc'sent 24-Mar-10
AOR Received.
28-Apr-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Request
28-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
7-Dec-2011----Ottawa received on 22-Dec-2011
Interview........
waived it seems no where mentioned
Passport Req..
17-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012 received back on 22-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
26-Feb-2012
harnit2010 said:
I hope they pick up those March files as well. :(

Harnit
I am waiting too.. We also gave exam on March 17. there is no news yet. I got the ATIP report for all family member and it shows that Decision taken on March 18 and file sent for Oath ceremony.
But god knows where they kept my file.

IAS

Oct 23, 2015
Hello All,

I have been following this forum the day I took my test at Scarborough Office on 31-08-2015 (19/20 passed) but got myself registered today. Just letting the participants know that things are moving along fast now after the elections. Sharing my timeline hereunder - will complete 1 year by the time I become Canadian citizen in shaa Allah.

1-We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 20, 2014.
2-We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 17, 2015.
3-We started processing your application on March 26, 2015.
4-We sent you a notice on August 12, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 31, 2015 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
5-We sent you a notice on October 21, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 9, 2015 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

All the best to everyone....praying for Harnit...

kimba409

Aug 25, 2015
Congrats to everyone whose received oath and test dates!

And i'm keeping the march test takers in my prayers. browsing through the forum, i've realized theres quite a few in the same boat. Ipray and hope this journey gets complete for you guys very soon.

Lastly, am I correct in understanding that the Scarborough centre is moving along to September applicants in regards to oath dates?

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
kimba409 said:
Congrats to everyone whose received oath and test dates!

And i'm keeping the march test takers in my prayers. browsing through the forum, i've realized theres quite a few in the same boat. Ipray and hope this journey gets complete for you guys very soon.

Lastly, am I correct in understanding that the Scarborough centre is moving along to September applicants in regards to oath dates?
It would seem so. My test date was September 2nd, and I now have an oath date.

jhuang03

Sep 19, 2015
Application: August 2012
CIC: Received application on April 11, 2013; Started processing in June 2013.
RQ received in Oct. 2013, sent back all documents within a month.
then no information for 2 years.....
Test:Sept. 22, 2015
Decision Made: Sept. 25
Oath: Oct.19
Applied Passport on Oct.2, Received on Oct.22.

DONE WITH CIC!!!

A couple of things to share:
- A lot of the processes depends on the officer.. I've met different officers through the process of my P.R card renewal and citizenship interview, and results really vary. The officer interviewed me after my test didn't say anything about the oath date, and even said they need to further make a decision. I thought I would wait for longer than 4 months. But in fact, I think she expedited my oath!
- You can apply for citizenship and leave the country after, as long as you met the requirement at the time you signed your application. ( I even signed my application when I left Canada to study abroad. Came back 1 year after and left again. As long as you have a Canadian address to received all the letters CIC might send to you.)
- Keep checking the online status. I almost lost my confidence on my application after such long period of wait, but suddenly received notice to the test when I randomly went on to check my status. Could have missed it!
- For those who received RQ, it's not the end. Have a little faith! I know who struggling and annoying the process is but it will eventually end!

Good luck!

harnit2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
skFSW said:
I am waiting too.. We also gave exam on March 17. there is no news yet. I got the ATIP report for all family member and it shows that Decision taken on March 18 and file sent for Oath ceremony.
But god knows where they kept my file.
Oh Wow!! So they took the decision the very next day but never scheduled it? Insane!! Who else can be communicate? We feeling so helpless here.

Harnit