Scarborough office / timeline after test

IllaBee

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Better to call
shahmad said:
Hi Everyone ... my oath is on 29th October ..... my oath letter and ecas both says 29th but I just checked cic website for scarborogh oath dates and I can only see oath dates till 28th October ....... is there anyone else who is taking oath on 29th oct as well ?
Better to call cic and confirm.

harnit2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samreentariq said:
Select the Privacy Act if your are ordering for yourself it is free.
Just did it. Hope that it helps. Not sure what kind of details will they include.

Harnit

Lomasimoes

Oct 6, 2015
I already asked but didn't get a reply, so I will ask again....

I have a ticket booked for December 28, 2015 (which I cannot cancel). Although the immigration officer told me not to worry about it because I wrote my test on September 1st, and she said it would take about 2-4 months for me to be called for the Oath Ceremony, I am scared they will not contact me before December with an oath invitation. The reason I am scared is because my PR card will be expired by the time I come back.
What should I do ? I do not know if I should apply to renew my PR so I don't face any problems if my oath is not before December, Or if I should just wait for the oath Invitation. I see for most people, it is taking around two months, but there are some people that are waiting for over 5 months. What if I am one of those people ?

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 15, 2015.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 3, 2015.
3.We started processing your application on March 24, 2015.
4.We sent you a notice on August 17, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 1, 2015 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No one can tell you when you get your oath but I personally assume, it will be sometimes in end of November, based on data here

wannaKnow

Jul 10, 2006
I did my citizenship test on September 11, 2015 at Scarborough office. The officer told me during the interview that it will take 2-4 months to get the oath ceremony confirmation.

Just want to know that if anyone who did the test on this day receive a letter for oath ceremony ?

Thanks

Redditaddict

Oct 22, 2015
Dear All,

You have been of great help, advice and sometimes panic I'll admit of that :) still you were of great support.

One thing I wanted to share, and it is just a theory but I have been comparing dates of ceremonies on website and the people getting theirs in here and they do not match so I guess those ceremonies we see on the website do not really exist. They are there just to keep us excited! Hahaha I wanted to share at least one theory with you guys before becoming Canadian.

Good luck to all, hope you get your letters soon.

Here is my time line:
1-We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 30, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 26, 2015.
We started processing your application on April 22, 2015.
We sent you a notice on August 11, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 28, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
We sent you a notice on October 19, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 4, 2015 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

Justice_07

Jun 16, 2015
Redditaddict said:
Dear All,

You have been of great help, advice and sometimes panic I'll admit of that :) still you were of great support.

One thing I wanted to share, and it is just a theory but I have been comparing dates of ceremonies on website and the people getting theirs in here and they do not match so I guess those ceremonies we see on the website do not really exist. They are there just to keep us excited! Hahaha I wanted to share at least one theory with you guys before becoming Canadian.

Good luck to all, hope you get your letters soon.

Here is my time line:
1-We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 30, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 26, 2015.
We started processing your application on April 22, 2015.
We sent you a notice on August 11, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 28, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
We sent you a notice on October 19, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 4, 2015 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us
Congrats Redditaddict.
Thanks for sharing. I was getting worried that Scarborough is not moving. cause nobody on this board got oath invitation this week except you. Good luck all the best.

shail14

Jul 4, 2015
Justice_07 said:
Congrats Redditaddict.
Thanks for sharing. I was getting worried that Scarborough is not moving. cause nobody on this board got oath invitation this week except you. Good luck all the best.
OH WELL, DON'T WORRY GUY'S SCARBOROUGH IS MOVING ALONG GOOD....

COZ ONE OF MY FRIEND AT WORK SHE PASSED HER CITIZENSHIP TEST ON 28 AUGUST,2015 AT SCARBOROUGH LOCATION AND NOW SHE IS INVITED FOR HER OATH CEREMONY ON 4TH NOV,2015 ....

So don't worry scarborough is moving and its in ACTION LOLZ.....
I THOUGHT I LET EVERYONE KNOWS AS WELL.......

Vishut

Star Member
Apr 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC/New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-12-2015
File Transfer...
31 Dec 2015/IP on 9 Jan 2016
Med's Done....
June 2015
hi shail14,

Thank you for the update. It would be great if you could tell your friends timeline.

I passed my test on Sep1 and ecas status change to DM in last week of September.I have to travel from Nov5-Nov16 and hoping that i will receive the oath invitation after that Nov 16.I applied on April 13,2015.

Your feedback is really appreciated as it would help me in planning my trip.

Thank you

Vishut

JigJig

Feb 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-14-2010
AOR Received.
16-03-10
Med's Done....
16-10-2010
Passport Req..
07-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-08-2011
hello canadian citizens ;)
was wondering if you could help me out in filing up the form, I basically have a question on

#9 C: Quebecs permanent list of electors: I selected no (I live in ON)
the next check box: Do I authorize CIC to forward name, etc.. to the chird electoral office of Quebec question - does it matter if I select yes or no? what did you guys pick?

#9 F: :LINC (ill be using my IELTS from immigration), ill be checking no (just making sure)

if there are mistakes on my application (hopefully none), what happens to my filling fee? does the application get returned and I correct the mistakes?

I'm a bit nervous filling up the form, anyone went through an agency?

Cheers...

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
Folks,

Scarborough Is moving.

I had my test on Oct 21.
Today I woke up to see mt status changed to DM.
wishing you all a smooth and fast process.
Ari

Lomasimoes

Oct 6, 2015
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to let you know that I have received my Oath invitation for November 3rd. They sent it to me Oct 20th. My test was on September 01st @scarborough office.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
Lomasimoes said:
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to let you know that I have received my Oath invitation for November 3rd. They sent it to me Oct 20th. My test was on September 01st @scarborough office.
wowowowo Congratulations !

shail14

Jul 4, 2015
Lomasimoes said:
Hey Guys,

Hi Lomasimoes Congratulation......

could you please share your complete timeline....

thank you

shail14

Jul 4, 2015
Vishut said:
hi shail14,

Thank you for the update. It would be great if you could tell your friends timeline.

I passed my test on Sep1 and ecas status change to DM in last week of September.I have to travel from Nov5-Nov16 and hoping that i will receive the oath invitation after that Nov 16.I applied on April 13,2015.

Your feedback is really appreciated as it would help me in planning my trip.

Thank you

Vishut

Hi Vishut,

i dont want to mislead you in any way i mean whatever i knew about my friend timeline i shared here thats all i know and see one of our buddy lomasimoes did exam on 1sep,2015 and schedule for oath on 3nov
so you never know,.......sorry buddy