+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office / timeline after test

milamam

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
fanboy said:
Just an update:
Attended my ceremony yesterday. There were 89 new Canadians + guests in the room. Waiting was 30 min and the ceremony was about 1 hour.
Judge was very nice and took picture with us after the ceremony. Overall, a very enjoyable experience.

I'm sure yours will come very soon! We all deserve it!

Signing off from this thread. :)
Congratulation... can you tell us when you receive your PINKY letter and does they update your ECase for ceremony before or after you receive the letter :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

harnit2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just called CIC but the lady over the phone told me that the actual processing time is 24 months and it is not 24 months since I applied so I should wait. The processing time can be till July 2016. :)

Why is there so much difference in the way these CIC call center representatives respond to the queries.

hchalz

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
haha, you have to understand that the call center agents have no incentives to help you.

Their job is actually to put you off as much as possible. Suppose they always give you all the updates you wish to have, then they will be flooded with phone calls. And what do they gain by that? nothing but higher cost of operation. So their strategies will certainly be to kick you out as soon as they can.

To them, the worst can happen is that you miss the tests/ceremonies, and they can always reschedule for you, at no cost to them at all.

We post timelines here, so we have a sense of what is supposed to happen, and if something is really wrong, we call and beg for help.

harnit2010 said:
I just called CIC but the lady over the phone told me that the actual processing time is 24 months and it is not 24 months since I applied so I should wait. The processing time can be till July 2016. :)

Why is there so much difference in the way these CIC call center representatives respond to the queries.

SALASTOR

Sep 18, 2014
Hello

As of many I successfully passed the test 12th of February 2015 and still waiting for the oath ceremony . I just called today she told me it is normal and I have to wait up to 6 months.

My best bet is that I will keep calling until someone decide to send me the pink letter .I keep checking on ecas but nothing coming

Any advice

Thanks

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SALASTOR said:
Hello

As of many I successfully passed the test 12th of February 2015 and still waiting for the oath ceremony . I just called today she told me it is normal and I have to wait up to 6 months.

My best bet is that I will keep calling until someone decide to send me the pink letter .I keep checking on ecas but nothing coming

Any advice

Thanks

stonelzl

May 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fanboy said:
Just an update:
Attended my ceremony yesterday. There were 89 new Canadians + guests in the room. Waiting was 30 min and the ceremony was about 1 hour.
Judge was very nice and took picture with us after the ceremony. Overall, a very enjoyable experience.

I'm sure yours will come very soon! We all deserve it!

Signing off from this thread. :)
Congratulations!

51smoker

Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
13-07-2011
AOR Received.
09-05-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
hchalz said:
haha, you have to understand that the call center agents have no incentives to help you.

Their job is actually to put you off as much as possible. Suppose they always give you all the updates you wish to have, then they will be flooded with phone calls. And what do they gain by that? nothing but higher cost of operation. So their strategies will certainly be to kick you out as soon as they can.
100% agree with you. BUT, if that's their strategy, then a better option is probably fire entire CIC call centre agents because they barely have any help anyways. cut CIC's cost, process ATIP request faster, and whoever needs information just order ATIP

hchalz

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
4 years living in Canada, I learned that patience is the most important thing in this country. An application for a volunteer position took 6 months to process, 4 pages. Police background check is 4 months or more. Any public projects will take at least twice the time as planned.

Guess what? There is nothing we can do. This is the Canadian way of life. its better to get used to it.

As for the call center agents, I am pretty sure they are all unionized, so the government can't even touch them even if it wanted to!

Relax and enjoy your life. That certificate will be yours one day.

51smoker said:
100% agree with you. BUT, if that's their strategy, then a better option is probably fire entire CIC call centre agents because they barely have any help anyways. cut CIC's cost, process ATIP request faster, and whoever needs information just order ATIP

benk

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
We should support this online petition:

CIC, Adopt a one-line processing standards so applicants from all across Canada will be processed on first-come-first-served basis

https://www.change.org/p/chris-alexander-adopt-a-one-line-processing-standards-so-applicants-from-all-across-canada-will-be-processed-on-first-come-first-served-basis

hchalz

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This petition might add some amusement to the people in charge during their lunch hour.

Other than this, I really don't see any other potentials.

benk said:
We should support this online petition:

CIC, Adopt a one-line processing standards so applicants from all across Canada will be processed on first-come-first-served basis

https://www.change.org/p/chris-alexander-adopt-a-one-line-processing-standards-so-applicants-from-all-across-canada-will-be-processed-on-first-come-first-served-basis

Kovachum

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
huluewo said:
if the application had little flaws and all very clear, and you pass the knowledge test (and I got my invitation letter right away), you will be invited to take the oath in two weeks after the interview. (well, in my case with Scarborough office anyways...)
What is your time line?

I know in jan, feb it happened that way to many, now it is getting delayed.

Kilimandjaro

Oct 1, 2014
GUYS!!!

GOOD NEWS! I JUST RECEIVED THE PINK LETTER!!! INVITATION TO TAKE OATH IN SCARBOUROUGH ON MAY 21, 2015!

WOW, THAT WAS FAST! I PASSED THE TEST AND INTERVIEW ON APRIL 28TH AND I FEEL LUCKY WHEN I KNOW MANY WHO PASSED THE TEST BEFORE ME ARE STILL EXPECTING THE OATH LETTER! HANG ON THERE! YOURS IS COMING SOON!

I APPLIED IN OCTOBER 2014.

GOOD LUCK TO THE REST OF YOU!

milamam

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
Kilimandjaro said:
GUYS!!!

GOOD NEWS! I JUST RECEIVED THE PINK LETTER!!! INVITATION TO TAKE OATH IN SCARBOUROUGH ON MAY 21, 2015!

WOW, THAT WAS FAST! I PASSED THE TEST AND INTERVIEW ON APRIL 28TH AND I FEEL LUCKY WHEN I KNOW MANY WHO PASSED THE TEST BEFORE ME ARE STILL EXPECTING THE OATH LETTER! HANG ON THERE! YOURS IS COMING SOON!

I APPLIED IN OCTOBER 2014.

GOOD LUCK TO THE REST OF YOU!
Good luck you mean Feb 28 or April 28 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: