13-07-2011
AOR Received.
09-05-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
cec2011 said:
Took the test March 25th and got a CT0520 April 24th - will now be waiting forever, haha. :eek:
Sorry for you. Did cic update ecas regarding the CIT0520?

SALASTOR

Sep 18, 2014
Hello

Still waiting for the oath letter

I just called this morning but no luck , the lady did not even check my application status she just said that this normal and I have to wait till 6 months before calling them if I did not get the oath invitation letter . I feel there is no rational in this schedule .
The ecas shows no new information.

Any advice

rmust

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2011
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2012
Med's Request
27-March-2012
Med's Done....
31-March-2012
Passport Req..
22-June-12
VISA ISSUED...
27-July-12 (received Aug 2)
LANDED..........
04-Aug-12
Had my test on March 19 2015 and still waiting for oath. During my interview after the test, I was told it will take 2-4 months for oath invite. I understand that most of the people who did their test around that time were told the same. It seems for once CIC’s information is correct! I am coming up to 2 months next week.

I have not travel plans anytime soon so just patiently waiting for my Pinky. I see some people in this thread panicking, there is no need to! CIC told you wait 2-4 months for oath so just wait it out! Only some lucky few get the oath sooner. There is no need to inundate CIC with calls if your 4 months has not passed; I think the reason call center agents give “dumb” answers is because they are sick and tired of people calling everyday on status update when they have clearly been told to wait 2-4 months.
Good luck and happy waiting fellas!

cec2011

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2011
AOR Received.
February 2, 2012
Med's Request
February 7, 2012
Med's Done....
March 1, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 26, 2012
LANDED..........
May 5, 2012
51smoker said:
Sorry for you. Did cic update ecas regarding the CIT0520?
Nope - still says I was invited to take the test (5 lines). I wonder if my file will also be transferred to Montreal's like some other people's.

milamam

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
cec2011 said:
Nope - still says I was invited to take the test (5 lines). I wonder if my file will also be transferred to Montreal's like some other people's.
Why transfer to Montreal you are not living at Scarborough or Toronto???

janoo

May 16, 2014
Procedure is very simple..

applied.
in process within 4 months.
invite for interview/test within next 4 months
invite for oath within next 4 months.

The entire process complete within 12-16 months or some time earlier or slight late.

if case stuck and officer call for additional documents than it will take another

year 12-16 months to resolve in these cases officer send the file to

the resident asses committee in St.Clair or Montreal...

If nothing is required after test/interview than just telex and CIC will finish all
background check up and than invite for oath.

Important how your interview goes ??? and how officer think at time of test/interview ?

if clear than all will be done on schedule......

hchalz

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is about right.

I know police background check is mostly 3 - 4 months in this country.

If there is any foul play, it can easily stretch to a few years.

To analyse the situation from the game theory perspective, the government has no incentive to speed up the process. Actually the longer they hold us on PR, and more control they have over us. So the government's best interest is to make it as tough/long as possible. Of course, going to the extreme, nobody would consider to emigrate to Canada any more, so they have to keep it somewhat tolerable.

And on our side, we absolutely have no cards to play in this game. The only ways to push the government are through the general election or the judicial system. First of all, we have no voting power, not yet. Secondly, they already made it almost impossible to sue CIC.

So the best thing we can do, and the only thing we can do is to dry our tears and take it as it is.

janoo said:
Procedure is very simple..

applied.
in process within 4 months.
invite for interview/test within next 4 months
invite for oath within next 4 months.

The entire process complete within 12-16 months or some time earlier or slight late.

if case stuck and officer call for additional documents than it will take another

year 12-16 months to resolve in these cases officer send the file to

the resident asses committee in St.Clair or Montreal...

If nothing is required after test/interview than just telex and CIC will finish all
background check up and than invite for oath.

Important how your interview goes ??? and how officer think at time of test/interview ?

if clear than all will be done on schedule......

cec2011

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2011
AOR Received.
February 2, 2012
Med's Request
February 7, 2012
Med's Done....
March 1, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 26, 2012
LANDED..........
May 5, 2012
milamam said:
Why transfer to Montreal you are not living at Scarborough or Toronto???
I've noticed some people who got RQs before or after the test got their applications sent to Montreal for further processing no matter where their office was. Did not make a lot of sense to me, to be honest.

hchalz

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cheer up, they said they would implement Bill C-24 soon, right?

If so, the application volume will drop dramatically soon and the CIC people will able to get the RQ cases done more reasonably.

cec2011 said:
I've noticed some people who got RQs before or after the test got their applications sent to Montreal for further processing no matter where their office was. Did not make a lot of sense to me, to be honest.

cec2011

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2011
AOR Received.
February 2, 2012
Med's Request
February 7, 2012
Med's Done....
March 1, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 26, 2012
LANDED..........
May 5, 2012
hchalz said:
cheer up, they said they would implement Bill C-24 soon, right?

If so, the application volume will drop dramatically soon and the CIC people will able to get the RQ cases done more reasonably.
hope so! i got a backpacking trip planned to SE Asia December-February and with my luck, I'll get called to take the oath then :p

Can_Best

Apr 7, 2015
milamam said:
I took the test on March 9th and still waiting :( :( :( :( :(
Hi Everyone, I received my invite yesterday for May 25th Oath Ceremony in Oshawa. I took the test on March 9th. Looking forward to closing out this chapter. Wishing you all, the very best.

51smoker

Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
13-07-2011
AOR Received.
09-05-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
Can_Best said:
Hi Everyone, I received my invite yesterday for May 25th Oath Ceremony in Oshawa. I took the test on March 9th. Looking forward to closing out this chapter. Wishing you all, the very best.
Congrats

hchalz

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Happy for you.

Can_Best said:

harnit2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can_Best said:
Congrats!! Was your test at Scarborough office? What date was your test?

Harnit

milamam

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
Can_Best said:
Congratulation...did you receive it by mail or update on your eCASE