+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office / timeline after test

hchalz

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
patience, its part of being a Canadian

It can take them 9 years to build an elevator at Lawrence west station, So.........

zubee said:
Didn't get pink letter today..... :-[

jenny92

Jan 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had test & interview at scarborough today. I was told 4-8 weeks for ceremony but mostly sometime in June.

applicant2014

Sep 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jenny92 said:
I had test & interview at scarborough today. I was told 4-8 weeks for ceremony but mostly sometime in June.
Hi Jenny92
Congrats, i did it today too and was told 2-4 months for oath letter. i was with yellow letter.
Regards

Tika Tika

Mar 24, 2015
Hi All,
So I've decided to join after passing my test March 3rd 2015. I was so anxiously waiting to receive an oath date ... So I called CIC on March 16th. The agent was able to give some great news that my oath invitation was sent out that said day :D. I was so happy .
I received the pink letter on March 19th.
And guess what!!!! My oath date will be on April 10th at the Scarborough office! Yippie!!!!!!!!!!!! ..
Good luck to everyone who's still anxiously waiting!

Instead of being anxious maybe you guys can call CIC .. The agent will
Let you know the latest notes on your file and your oath date.

Citizenship Application

Sent : >03 April 2014
Delivered : >10th April 2014
Processing start date:>5th June 2014
Finger prints request:>08 Jan 2015
Test date : >03 March 2015
Oath ceremony date >10th April 2015 @10:30 am. ;D ;D

khan Aimal

Mar 24, 2015
hello friends, just want to update my case:

applied on May 05, 2014
start processing ; 07, 2014
Received letter for test;6 march 2015
took test on Mar 18 at scarborough office
waiting for oath letter ?? :-X

applicant361

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
hello guys,

for all of you who have had a test, can you tell me what was the interview like? what did they ask and what did they want to see? I will have my test hopefully soon (don't have a date yet).

Many thanks,

cecapplied

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is a quote from a post by desigirltoronto which is very informative... hope this helps...

desigirltoronto84 said:
Update from my test today:

Had my test today. Passed with a score of 19 out of 20. The questions were easy. I finished it under 5 mins. The questions can be multiple choice, fill in the blanks and true or false. Overall, i would say the test was very easy.

The interview was quick. He checked my passport(s), my IDs. Then he said, I want to go over your absences. (I came prepared with additional documents etc.) I said, well I have these additional documents if you wish to check and verify the entries one by one. He then said, well you don't have that many (whilst glancing over my residence calculator). Your file looks good, you should receive the oath invite within 2 to 4 months. He went over the documents I need to bring for my oath. On and he asked me about where I work and what I do for a living.

Few tips:
1. Read the book. Take online tests. Read the book again.
2. Arrive at the test center 15 - 20 mins ahead of time.
3. You are not allowed to take drinks or food inside.
4. Follow the instructions carefully.

Other things I noticed/overheard during my interview :
1. No body for our session got the oath invite right away.
2. For the test, apparently before today everybody was entering their UCI number in the scantron. Starting today, everybody was supposed enter the application number starting with C.
3. I overheard an interviewer telling the interviewee that they were giving away oath letter on the spot but they are not doing that any more - specially for the new applications. Apparently there is a lot of backlog.
4. The instructor told us that at the interview they will check out english speaking skills - and that we should not answer these questions in one or two words. We should be able to answer these questions in full sentences.

P.S. I was hoping to get the oath letter today. Sigh. Anyway, I think it worked out for the best given that my trip is in couple weeks I would have had to rush to get my passport done. I get more time now. Also, my folks can attend the ceremony (hopefully) as they are visiting me over summer. Another silver lining.
applicant361 said:
hello guys,

for all of you who have had a test, can you tell me what was the interview like? what did they ask and what did they want to see? I will have my test hopefully soon (don't have a date yet).

Many thanks,

cecapplied

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The wait for pinks today starts -- keep posted folks ...

anyone who has completed the test in march call the call center with a request for an update ? if you have - post your experience

hchalz

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hope is frail
It's hard to kill

:p :p :p :p :p :p

cecapplied said:
The wait for pinks today starts -- keep posted folks ...

anyone who has completed the test in march call the call center with a request for an update ? if you have - post your experience

harnit2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just called CIC and they do not have any information yet. They told me that they can see the same information that is updated online under our account. So he suggested to keep a watch on the update online.

Harnit

hchalz

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well Scarborbough did very few ceremonies in much of March. It will take them a while to catch up.

harnit2010 said:
I just called CIC and they do not have any information yet. They told me that they can see the same information that is updated online under our account. So he suggested to keep a watch on the update online.

Harnit

applicant361

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
Thank you very much cecapplied. Very helpful. If anyone else has spotted other info in this regard, I would appreciate it if you could point them out to me. the search does not work very well in the forum.

cecapplied said:
Here is a quote from a post by desigirltoronto which is very informative... hope this helps...

applicant361

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
One other question:

do you know who gets re-routed/assigned to Scarborough office?? I live in Ottawa. I wonder if for sure Ottawa will be my center? do all of you live in Scarborough or very close to it?

chenlica

Mar 20, 2015
harnit2010 said:

Harnit
i have taken my test and am waiting for the oath. but my online account still shows "we started to process your application on..."...they are too lazy to update my account i guess