Scarborough office / timeline after test

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Nov 06 said:
Hello everyone,
This is to let you know that yesterday I officially became a Canadian. It was such a wonderful moment the time I was handed the certificate trying to remember the 8 years journey. This journey was a mix of different feelings, Anxiousness, Stress, hope, angriness, joy ( sure every time I got envelopes). This forum was such a great help and an excellent source of valuable information that helped to lighten the way. On top of that, this forum provided a place share all feelings. I also ask for apologies for exhaling frustration breathes at many times during this process. Now it is time to say thank you all and I wish everyone the best of luck, happiness and prosperity.
Now it is time to peacefully leave this forum.
Thank you all.

Good Luck. Have a happy and peaceful life in Canada.

KingRez

Apr 24, 2015
Hi all,
I have a theory about the reason behind the vast differences we see in announcements for people with the same application dates or status. You might notice that in two similar cases (actually me and my wife's case) one gets oath letter within a couple of days of receiving "decision made" status and another not even in two months!

Apart from specific conditions of each case (which could cause delays in other stages) I would like to point your attention to the fact that officers in charge of your file and other people's files may be different people with different output capacity. Imagine they get a quota of say 20 files per day. The fast ones wrap up their investigation of documents faster than slower officers. After a while you may have some fast officers with just a couple of files in front of them and others slower ones with tens of files or even more. So the workload in front of each officer is an important factor.

If your file by chance ends up in front of the slower officer, you will have to wait much longer. On the other hand, your file in front of the faster and up to date officer will get a speedy response or within a reasonable time frame.

So after all it might be just a matter of good luck.

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
KingRez said:
Hi all,
I have a theory about the reason behind the vast differences we see in announcements for people with the same application dates or status. You might notice that in two similar cases (actually me and my wife's case) one gets oath letter within a couple of days of receiving "decision made" status and another not even in two months!

Apart from specific conditions of each case (which could cause delays in other stages) I would like to point your attention to the fact that officers in charge of your file and other people's files may be different people with different output capacity. Imagine they get a quota of say 20 files per day. The fast ones wrap up their investigation of documents faster than slower officers. After a while you may have some fast officers with just a couple of files in front of them and others slower ones with tens of files or even more. So the workload in front of each officer is an important factor.

If your file by chance ends up in front of the slower officer, you will have to wait much longer. On the other hand, your file in front of the faster and up to date officer will get a speedy response or within a reasonable time frame.

So after all it might be just a matter of good luck.
We have seen this here mostly with March Test people. You mean all march people from this forum files are thrown in front of slow moving Officers. Could be the case . In that case CIC should pull him/her from CIC and send them to somewhere else.

Oct 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
malu08 said:
We have seen this here mostly with March Test people. You mean all march people from this forum files are thrown in front of slow moving Officers. Could be the case . In that case CIC should pull him/her from CIC and send them to somewhere else.[/b]
This has happened with both March and April Test applicants.......during this period CIC released new set of guidelines regarding old rules and new rules....its kind of transition period for June rule changes which might have pushed the dates further for us....anyways, we don't have any option other than waiting...lets wait and hope that it will end soon...

torontostar76

Oct 22, 2014
Re: Scarborough office / fingerprints required after test

hi every one
my test was on 10th april 2015
after 5 months on 1st sep i received letter regarding fingerprints
i hv submitted fingerprints day before yesterday to RCMP through agency
usually applicants receive fingerprints requirement letter before test not after 5 months of test
its so strange when it was time for oath they hv send me fingerprint requirement
wht were they doing last 5 months?
i have clean record,never involved in any activity,
friends am feeling so much down....very disappointed..help me God
i hv heared tht sometimes name or date of birth matches with someone in their record.thtsy for clearence cic ask for fingerprints verification
anyway as we dont hv any other option,nw i dont knw how long i ll have to wait for oath.
anyone with any idea or information regarding timing ?

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
My ECAS went to Decision Made today.

DenverCO

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
2 months passed since decision made ... still waiting to hear from CIC.

I had called CIC but the agent told me that they don't have any additional information on my file as decision has been made by local office. I will have to wait until I hear from the local office.

stocktrader1407

Aug 21, 2015
Hi DenverCo

Out of curiosity, what did the Citizenship Officer say at the end of the interview with respect to the oath date? Wondering if what they say in terms of time is in the same ball park. Thanks in advance.

DenverCO

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stocktrader1407 said:
Hi DenverCo

Out of curiosity, what did the Citizenship Officer say at the end of the interview with respect to the oath date? Wondering if what they say in terms of time is in the same ball park. Thanks in advance.
The officer told me to expect Oath letter in 2 to 4 months. She also told me that she will call me if she has further questions on my application.

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
DenverCO said:
The officer told me to expect Oath letter in 2 to 4 months. She also told me that she will call me if she has further questions on my application.
I was told the same as well.

Oct 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DenverCO said:
2 months passed since decision made ... still waiting to hear from CIC.

I had called CIC but the agent told me that they don't have any additional information on my file as decision has been made by local office. I will have to wait until I hear from the local office.
I am also with you Buddy..test April 13th...DM July 13th....you are 3 days ahead of me....we should get it soon hopefully....Good Luck

Kovachum

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014

torontostar76 said:
hi every one
usually applicants receive fingerprints requirement letter before test not after 5 months of test
its so strange when it was time for oath they hv send me fingerprint requirement
i hv heared tht sometimes name or date of birth matches with someone in their record.thtsy for clearence cic ask for fingerprints verification
anyway as we dont hv any other option,nw i dont knw how long i ll have to wait for oath.
TorontoStar, I'm sure it is precautionary check they are doing. You will get oath invitation soon. Don't worry.

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......

torontostar76 said:
hi every one
Very Unfortunate. Hope they will move fast in your case. Good Luck.

aramis77

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife called CIC helpline today and the lady opened her file at last and said she will write a letter to Scarborough office regarding her oath. It is today exactly 6 months after test. That day after the test officer told us it would take 2 or 3 months for oath. Now it is 6 months.

Torontonion

Star Member
Nov 19, 2014
Finally i became Canadian citizen toady. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Here is my timeline.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 18, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 15, 2015.
We started processing your application on February 5, 2015.
We sent you a notice on March 18, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 7, 2015 at
We sent you a notice on August 27, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 10, 2015.