+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office / timeline after test

longwaitwithrq

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestfriendever said:
I'm on the same boat. I took the test on a Tuesday, June 16 and status changed to DM on a Sunday. Nothing yet. The Officer was extremely pleasant and assured me that he had no concerns about my application. A RQ had been sent before.

BTW... How can I include my timeline in my signature here? I've searched everywhere in this Forum.

Thanks guys.
You need to maybe have more then 10 posts to be able to add any information as your signature

51smoker

Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
13-07-2011
AOR Received.
09-05-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
Nov 06 said:
Scarborough office doesn't seem to move at all. It may be in a break mood. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
You took the test in June, probably you'll get pink letter really soon

Nov 06- 2014

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
51smoker said:
You took the test in June, probably you'll get pink letter really soon
My friend I’m keeping an eye on your case and hope you get your Oath soon. You have been in DM status for a month and nothing yet. We started to see similar cases. I’m loosing my hope to get my oath anytime soon. I always thought when it is DM then it is a matter of days. It seems Mr. Scarborough office has another opinion!!!!

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
I submitted my case details with local MP office today and requested office to inquire about my case since its been close to 4 months now after test.

Office staff member told me to wait till tomorrow and they will check and inform about my case by email .

will update here if I get anything.

bestfriendever

Apr 21, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Scarborough
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well to be fair, on the day of the test, it did say in bold letters on the whiteboard: Oath in 2-4 months. But when I went to the interview it all sounded so reassuring that I left with the impression that I was going to get an Oath pretty soon.

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Canadian24 said:
I tried the MP. No change. Its going to happen when CIC wants....
Its always good if CIC communicate in better way and give timeline which is feasible for them to complete particular case.

There estimation is quite off the mark.

51smoker

Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
13-07-2011
AOR Received.
09-05-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
Another thing that I don't understand is Scarborough seems one of the offices that hold ceremony most often. Unless they keep inviting more ppl to the test than ppl to the oath.

sarezaei

Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had my test on June 4th and my ECAS went to decision made on June 5th; still no sign of oath letter ...

bestfriendever

Apr 21, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Scarborough
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys I may have an answer that might explain the delays in the Scarborough office. A lot of people from St Clair office have been taking their Oath in Scarborough. That explains why Scarborough always has a record number of Citizenship Ceremonies.

I am assuming that's what causing the delay. They have been absorbing the case load from two offices.

Thanks.

TObound

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestfriendever said:
Guys I may have an answer that might explain the delays in the Scarborough office. A lot of people from St Clair office have been taking their Oath in Scarborough. That explains why Scarborough always has a record number of Citizenship Ceremonies.

I am assuming that's what causing the delay. They have been absorbing the case load from two offices.

Thanks.
To support this explanation, CIC helpline told me that Mississauga office can schedule oaths/tests at Scarborough and visa versa. Scarborough was my original processing office. It's Mississauga now. But I was told I can still end up giving my oath at Scarborough.

51smoker

Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
13-07-2011
AOR Received.
09-05-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
bestfriendever said:

Thanks.
Thank you, then it makes a lot of sense. Correct me if I'm wrong, I think they should do test and oath on the same day again in the future, it'll help to clear back logs. approved applicants don't have to go back and wait there. Just test, interview and oath, more efficient.