+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Thank you for the post i also spoke to IRCC they told Notice of Appear is not important. I have my oath on Feb 07 2020. at some Chinese Cultural Centre..

You conform the address and go.. Oath on Feb 05 and 06 is in Chinese Cultural Centre..
Same as me then, 1pm!

Chinese Cultural Center
5183 Sheppard Avenue East
Scarborough
M1B 5Z5

See you there ;)

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
So I got the email and it said to bring the following ...

• (If available) The Notice to appear to take the oath of citizenship letter,
  • Two original pieces of personal identification, one of which has your photograph and signature on it (e.g., driver’s license, health card, etc.),
    • minors are not required to show identification with a signature,
  • All original documents in your possession (i.e., Immigration Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688)),
  • Your Permanent Resident card (if you have a landing document and a Permanent Resident card, you must bring both of them),
  • All original passports and travel documents in your possession (current and expired),
  • (Optional) A holy book of your choice, if you wish to use one to swear on for the Oath of Citizenship,
  • A signed copy of the:
    • Permission Release and Consent form (included with the Notice to appear to take the oath of citizenship letter), and
    • Prohibitions under the Citizenship Act form (included with the Notice to appear to take the oath of citizenship letter).

Clearly not having the notice makes it tricky to bring things included WITH the notice. So I rang back and after another 20 minute wait .. they said they will be available at the ceremony.

So, I'll turn up with driving license and OHIP card, CoPR and PR card, my password and hope for the best.

Except an update on Feb 7th ;)

syedrash32

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2014
Doc's Request.
24-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
23-03-2015
IELTS Request
IP from 24 SEP-2015
File Transfer...
15-04-2014
Med's Request
01-12-2015
Med's Done....
05-11-2014
Interview........
Waiver as per GCMS NOTES
Passport Req..
NOT YET
VISA ISSUED...
NOT YET
LANDED..........
NOT YET
Hello Every one.. I have received a Physical letter for appear for oath today which is on Feb 07 2020 at Chinese cultural center Scarborough

keerthi_kandaswamy

Jul 23, 2016
Visa Office......
NVDO
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
25-11-2016 AOR 2: 19-Dec-2016
Med's Request
UP FRONT
Med's Done....
20-08-2016
Passport Req..
29-05-1990
Hello Every one.. I have received a Physical letter for appear for oath today which is on Feb 07 2020 at Chinese cultural center Scarborough
That's great. May I ask when did your ECAS updated with oath date. Mine got updated on January 10 saying they sent a notice for February 6th but haven't got anything yet. Also did you receive your test invite and initial AOR via email or as a post?

waitstartedaug13

Aug 24, 2013
App. Filed.......
24-01-2019
I am in the same boat as you for Scarborough location, even the oath dates are same. Let us wait for a week if we receive the letter by mail.
I tried to reach out the call center to find out the missing notice about the oath. But the client Support Centre agents cannot take my call due to the issues at the call center.

There is a maintenance message on the link below.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-support-centre.html

Hence, I submitted a web form to requesting them to send/re-send the email with the notice to appear for Citizenship Oath.

Reactions: keerthi_kandaswamy

keerthi_kandaswamy

Jul 23, 2016
Visa Office......
NVDO
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
Med's Request
UP FRONT
Med's Done....
20-08-2016
Passport Req..
29-05-1990
I tried to reach out the call center to find out the missing notice about the oath. But the client Support Centre agents cannot take my call due to the issues at the call center.

There is a maintenance message on the link below.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-support-centre.html

Hence, I submitted a web form to requesting them to send/re-send the email with the notice to appear for Citizenship Oath.

thanks. I did sent a web form saying that I didnt receive the oath notice. they replied back saying they did sent email on January 10th (they didnt because I checked my email completely including spam). however in their reply they sent the following:

We are pleased to inform you that the IRCC office in Scarborough has completed the verifications for your eligibility to become a Canadian citizen. On January 10, 2020, an email inviting you to attend the citizenship ceremony was sent to you. The appointment is scheduled on February 6, 2020, at 9:00 a.m., at the following address:

Chinese Cultural Centre
Scarborough, ON M1B 5Z5
Canada

When you attend the citizenship ceremony, here is the list of documents to bring with you:

• Two original pieces of personal identification, one of which has your photograph and signature on it (e.g. driver’s license, health card, passport, etc.),
  • All your original documents that support your citizenship application (e.g., Immigration Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688), birth certificate, etc.),
  • Your Permanent Resident card, if you have one,
  • All passports and travel documents in your possession (current and expired), and
  • (Optional) A holy book of your choice, if you wish to use one to swear on for the Oath of Citizenship.
We strongly encourage you to bring all the required documents with you to avoid being rescheduled.

Please advise us as soon as possible if you are not available on the date and time of your appointment. In order to send us the necessary information, you can write a letter explaining your reasons and include the documents supporting this explanation by either:

• Sending it to us using the online IRCC Web form, or
  • Mailing your documents to the office that set your original appointment.
A new appointment can be scheduled providing that our office receives a reasonable explanation within the 30 days following the date of the event at the latest.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

-----------------------------------------

so it looks like they wont re send it again but as per their email it seems the notice of oath is not mandatory. I see in this thread couple of them calling IRCC call center and they have advised that notice of oath is not mandatory.

is there any one here who successfully attended oath with out the notice sent to them?..

Reactions: jc94

waitstartedaug13

Aug 24, 2013
App. Filed.......
24-01-2019
thanks. I did sent a web form saying that I didnt receive the oath notice. they replied back saying they did sent email on January 10th (they didnt because I checked my email completely including spam). however in their reply they sent the following:

We are pleased to inform you that the IRCC office in Scarborough has completed the verifications for your eligibility to become a Canadian citizen. On January 10, 2020, an email inviting you to attend the citizenship ceremony was sent to you. The appointment is scheduled on February 6, 2020, at 9:00 a.m., at the following address:

Chinese Cultural Centre
Scarborough, ON M1B 5Z5
Canada

When you attend the citizenship ceremony, here is the list of documents to bring with you:

• Two original pieces of personal identification, one of which has your photograph and signature on it (e.g. driver’s license, health card, passport, etc.),
  • All your original documents that support your citizenship application (e.g., Immigration Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688), birth certificate, etc.),
  • All passports and travel documents in your possession (current and expired), and
  • (Optional) A holy book of your choice, if you wish to use one to swear on for the Oath of Citizenship.
We strongly encourage you to bring all the required documents with you to avoid being rescheduled.

Please advise us as soon as possible if you are not available on the date and time of your appointment. In order to send us the necessary information, you can write a letter explaining your reasons and include the documents supporting this explanation by either:

• Sending it to us using the online IRCC Web form, or
  • Mailing your documents to the office that set your original appointment.
A new appointment can be scheduled providing that our office receives a reasonable explanation within the 30 days following the date of the event at the latest.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

so it looks like they wont re send it again but as per their email it seems the notice of oath is not mandatory. I see in this thread couple of them calling IRCC call center and they have advised that notice of oath is not mandatory.

is there any one here who successfully attended oath with out the notice sent to them?..
Thanks for the update. May I know when did you submit web form and when did you receive the reply? I want to know how long do they take to respond for web form requests? I just sent the web form.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016

This is REALLY interesting to see as UNLIKE the email I got it does NOT list taking two signed/completed forms for them to take photos and confirming no recent indictments etc...! My email was basically the above starting from When you attend (ie: no place/date) and then the additional documents.
Plus - both say bring the notice if available which is what gives me some hope that it is indeed fine.

Though someone confirming it was would let me sleep better for the next three weeks.

Also interesting is that apparently the formal notice says to dress smart. That wasn't in my or keerthi_kandaswamy's email...

Thanks for the update. May I know when did you submit web form and when did you receive the reply? I want to know how long do they take to respond for web form requests? I just sent the web form.
They list 2-5 days. Bank on it taking 5 business days, and that's just to goto your local office ;)

If you call them up several times you should eventually get into the queue which is 15-45 minutes on average. The extra long intro message right now (if you even get through which isn't guaranteed) slows things down a bit but as soon as that's done hit 4 then 0 (as elsewhere in thread) and you'll get a human.

Most of them are dual language. The above times are for English but at least the agents I spoke with yesterday both spoke perfect English and French.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
1pm right?

The IRCC website still lists the only Feb 7th ceremony as in Ottawa ;) It has Scarborough listed for the 6th okay both yesterday and today.

Reactions: syedrash32

keerthi_kandaswamy

Jul 23, 2016
Visa Office......
NVDO
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
Med's Request
UP FRONT
Med's Done....
20-08-2016
Passport Req..
29-05-1990
I sent monday morning and received today morning. so 4 business days..

keerthi_kandaswamy

Jul 23, 2016
Visa Office......
NVDO
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
Med's Request
UP FRONT
Med's Done....
20-08-2016
Passport Req..
29-05-1990
This is REALLY interesting to see as UNLIKE the email I got it does NOT list taking two signed/completed forms for them to take photos and confirming no recent indictments etc...! My email was basically the above starting from When you attend (ie: no place/date) and then the additional documents.
Plus - both say bring the notice if available which is what gives me some hope that it is indeed fine.

Though someone confirming it was would let me sleep better for the next three weeks.

Also interesting is that apparently the formal notice says to dress smart. That wasn't in my or keerthi_kandaswamy's email...

They list 2-5 days. Bank on it taking 5 business days, and that's just to goto your local office ;)

If you call them up several times you should eventually get into the queue which is 15-45 minutes on average. The extra long intro message right now (if you even get through which isn't guaranteed) slows things down a bit but as soon as that's done hit 4 then 0 (as elsewhere in thread) and you'll get a human.

Most of them are dual language. The above times are for English but at least the agents I spoke with yesterday both spoke perfect English and French.
yeah I noted that too.. I will call IRCC see agent on Monday and see what they say.. If they insist notice is not mandatory then I hope we dont have any other choice other than to believe and go with that and hoping it goes smooth

syedrash32

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2014
Doc's Request.
24-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
23-03-2015
IELTS Request
IP from 24 SEP-2015
File Transfer...
15-04-2014
Med's Request
01-12-2015
Med's Done....
05-11-2014
Interview........
Waiver as per GCMS NOTES
Passport Req..
NOT YET
VISA ISSUED...
NOT YET
LANDED..........
NOT YET
1pm right?

The IRCC website still lists the only Feb 7th ceremony as in Ottawa ;) It has Scarborough listed for the 6th okay both yesterday and today.
Naaa.. Its 9.00 AM

keerthi_kandaswamy

Jul 23, 2016
Visa Office......
NVDO
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
Med's Request
UP FRONT
Med's Done....
20-08-2016
Passport Req..
29-05-1990

They sent the oath notice as a post and I just found it in my post box. It was delivered today. The weird thing is that all my communications are via email including AOR and test invite. On top of that email from IRCC this morning after I sent web request said they sent me an email on January 10th with the oath which seems not true.

I hope you get the oath via post sooner..

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
They sent the oath notice as a post and I just found it in my post box. It was delivered today. The weird thing is that all my communications are via email including AOR and test invite. On top of that email from IRCC this morning after I sent web request said they sent me an email on January 10th with the oath which seems not true.

I hope you get the oath via post sooner..
That’s crazy. Agent one (of the two I spoke with) said it was sent my email, but unless I somehow missed and deleted it which seems rather unlikely it didn’t arrive. I am in tech, and I whitelisted both roots of emails too.

I am not at home this weekend, left 6:30am Friday so will check my mail Sunday and then each day after and report back! There is some hope!!

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
That’s crazy. Agent one (of the two I spoke with) said it was sent my email, but unless I somehow missed and deleted it which seems rather unlikely it didn’t arrive. I am in tech, and I whitelisted both roots of emails too.

I am not at home this weekend, left 6:30am Friday so will check my mail Sunday and then each day after and report back! There is some hope!!
Well, no snail mail yet.

Reactions: keerthi_kandaswamy