+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

waitstartedaug13

Aug 24, 2013
App. Filed.......
24-01-2019
I tried to reach out the call center to find out the missing notice about the oath. But the client Support Centre agents cannot take my call due to the issues at the call center.

There is a maintenance message on the link below.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-support-centre.html

Hence, I submitted a web form to requesting them to send/re-send the email with the notice to appear for Citizenship Oath.
Finally I received my oath invitation letter by mail ( received on 20th Jan) which was dated 10th Jan for the ceremony on 6th Feb in Scarborough.
It took 10 days to receive the mail.

Reactions: jc94

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Finally I received my oath invitation letter by mail ( received on 20th Jan) which was dated 10th Jan for the ceremony on 6th Feb in Scarborough.
Interesting thanks. Nada yesterday.

Given when my update appeared on ECAS and that my test email was a day after they claimed it was sent I don’t trust these dates much and do wonder if the printed date vs doing something with it (like putting it into an envelope and sending it) vary greatly.

Or Canada Post is slower than normal, or they’re going via Vancouver. I mean I am getting junk mail with McDonalds vouchers etc just fine ... ;)

Will report back should it turn up today, tomorrow, any date ideally prior to Feb 7th.

number411

Jul 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interesting thanks. Nada yesterday.

Given when my update appeared on ECAS and that my test email was a day after they claimed it was sent I don’t trust these dates much and do wonder if the printed date vs doing something with it (like putting it into an envelope and sending it) vary greatly.

Or Canada Post is slower than normal, or they’re going via Vancouver. I mean I am getting junk mail with McDonalds vouchers etc just fine ... ;)

Will report back should it turn up today, tomorrow, any date ideally prior to Feb 7th.
With the Oath date of Feb 7, your file is still completed within 12 months of AOR, correct? That seems to be the SLA they are working towards. 12 months from AOR to Oath.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
With the Oath date of Feb 7, your file is still completed within 12 months of AOR, correct? That seems to be the SLA they are working towards. 12 months from AOR to Oath.
Yes and no. 12 months is the average from Application Received to Decision Made.

I believe that's actually received as in delivered vs opened. So that's Jan 23rd to Nov 19th for me. For a routine application, technically I am NOT routine because I had an FP request (a request I fulfilled within 3 hours of receiving the email to provide).

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
Your processing time starts the day we receive your complete application and ends when we make a decision.

Remember DM to Oath is normally "within 3 months".

number411

Jul 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes and no. 12 months is the average from Application Received to Decision Made.

I believe that's actually received as in delivered vs opened. So that's Jan 23rd to Nov 19th for me. For a routine application, technically I am NOT routine because I had an FP request (a request I fulfilled within 3 hours of receiving the email to provide).

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
Your processing time starts the day we receive your complete application and ends when we make a decision.

Remember DM to Oath is normally "within 3 months".

Ok, so looks like it is from Received date (not AOR) to Decision Made.

Last edited:

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Notice arrived in mail. Dated 7 days ago, despite agent saying it was sent by email.

It contains one form to sign, it makes no mention of brining this signed form nor the other one the email I got said was needed.

keerthi_kandaswamy

Jul 23, 2016
Visa Office......
NVDO
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
25-11-2016 AOR 2: 19-Dec-2016
Med's Request
UP FRONT
Med's Done....
20-08-2016
Passport Req..
29-05-1990
Notice arrived in mail. Dated 7 days ago, despite agent saying it was sent by email.

It contains one form to sign, it makes no mention of brining this signed form nor the other one the email I got said was needed.
finally you got it. congratulations. same here just one form to sign. should be fine..

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Can we appear for oath ceremony without Notice to appear to take the oath of citizenship letter ?
IRCC claims yes but you would need to contact them to get / confirm the address and confirmation on what to take.

As far as I'm aware the 3-4 of us here discussing have all eventually got the notice after 5-10 business days (from ECAS listed date) in the post. Despite getting all other comms via email and IRCC claiming it was sent by email.

Reactions: venomkills

yardboi

Sep 26, 2019
Any April Scarborough applicants with no test invite yet?
Mine went in process on Aug. 09 and nothing since then.

I called multiple times but the person keeps on saying that everything is ok and I just need to wait for my test to be scheduled.
I'm Late Feb early March and I'm still waiting, there are people who applied after who have gotten through though.

Mush1981

Nov 28, 2018
hi see that many of them did not received e mail notification for oath invite. However can any one of you please let me know if the ecas status was changed atleast that way i know oath invite was triggered for me

katez

Dec 9, 2019
Guys, hope every thing is well,
I have applied sept 2018, AOR was dec 2018, test done and passed on 26 oct 2019, since that day and until now my status didn’t change to “DM” however my interview was straight forward and the agent said you should be receiving the oath shortly, my questions are as follows:
1. Is it normal to have this delay in changing the status to DM?
2. What could be the reasons for the delayed status change ?
3. Can I receive the oath without having the status changed to DM ? It is it a must step ?
4. Being sept 2018 applicant, is this too late ? Or any body else is facing the same delay ?
5. What should I do?
Thanks in advance for your replies and support as I am so tense and I feel so depressed
I replied to this post before. Here a update just in case anyone else are in the same situation. I recently called IRCC again. The agent told me my test record is not in the system yet (they don't have my score in the system two months after I passed the test. So I guess that is why I've been in process for long time). So the agent sent a follow up to the office to investigate on my test record. They also told me it will take about 30 days for an update.
It looks like the office was lost on track with my file.

Reactions: ANNR

rome5000

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Toronto
Visa Office......
Scarborough
So weird. They sent me my oath invitation by mail on the 6th of January and I got it the next day.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
So weird. They sent me my oath invitation by mail on the 6th of January and I got it the next day.
Out of interest does ECAS also show Jan 6th and if you got this by post, how did you get AoR and Test updates? Email or post?