Interview........
Waiver as per GCMS NOTES
Passport Req..
NOT YET
VISA ISSUED...
NOT YET
LANDED..........
NOT YET
I am in the same boat as you for Scarborough location, even the oath dates are same. Let us wait for a week if we receive the letter by mail.
I just checked status online and its say Feb 07 2020

keerthi_kandaswamy

Jul 23, 2016
Visa Office......
NVDO
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
25-11-2016 AOR 2: 19-Dec-2016
Med's Request
UP FRONT
Med's Done....
20-08-2016
Passport Req..
29-05-1990
I am in the same boat as you for Scarborough location, even the oath dates are same. Let us wait for a week if we receive the letter by mail.
thanks. yes, lets wait for a week and then call CIC

keerthi_kandaswamy

Jul 23, 2016
Visa Office......
NVDO
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
25-11-2016 AOR 2: 19-Dec-2016
Med's Request
UP FRONT
Med's Done....
20-08-2016
Passport Req..
29-05-1990
same here, a family member's eCAS updated for Test Notice but no email received.......they've sent inquiry to CIC lets see

Have you tried to call the callcentre
I decided to wait for a week and then call IRCC..

tfeddy2012

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Hello.

Just trying to see if anyone has recently been in this situation.

I wrote my Citizenship Test on the 8th Of January 2020(19/20) in Scarborough but during the interview the officer requested that i mail I-94 report from the US Homeland Security and send to the address(Scarborough Citizenship & Immigration Canada. Attn: **). This request was due to some same day trips i made across the border(Live in Niagara Falls close to the border), couldn't/didn't keep track and was not declared on my Physical Presence Calculator.

Luckily I was able to get the record online, i mailed and it delivered Friday 10th, Jan 2020.

My Questions...

Is there a possibility of this delaying my application process?

Do they(officers/agents) attend to the additional request immediately its received? I confirmed from the tracking that it was delivered and received by someone in the mail room of Scarborough Citizenship & Immigration Canada.

Since i was told to mail the additional document to ATTN: XX, does that mean it will be treated by the XX? (Probably the agent i had my interview with)

When can i expect DM( Decision Made)? application still showing in process in ECAS.

Can i contact the office(Scarborough Citizenship & Immigration) directly or visit the office to get a status update?

Thank You

Last edited:

fabianonetto

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Toronto
Med's Done....
Upfront
Dear friends,

Would like to share with you that I just got my oath invite

Will be in Scarborough Jan 30th

Would like to kindly ask admin to please update the spreadsheet and all of you for your support

Hope I could help others as well and will do my best to keep active in the forum as much as I can to return the support that was given to me

All the best

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Hello.

Just trying to see if anyone has recently been in this situation.

I wrote my Citizenship Test on the 8th Of January 2019(19/20) in Scarborough but during the interview the officer requested that i mail I-94 report from the US Homeland Security and send to the address(Scarborough Citizenship & Immigration Canada. Attn: **). This request was due to some same day trips i made across the border(Live in Niagara Falls close to the border), couldn't/didn't keep track and was not declared on my Physical Presence Calculator.

Luckily I was able to get the record online, i mailed and it delivered Friday 10th, Jan 2019.

My Questions...

Is there a possibility of this delaying my application process?

Do they(officers/agents) attend to the additional request immediately its received? I confirmed from the tracking that it was delivered and received by someone in the mail room of Scarborough Citizenship & Immigration Canada.

Since i was told to mail the additional document to ATTN: XX, does that mean it will be treated by the XX? (Probably the agent i had my interview with)

When can i expect DM( Decision Made)? application still showing in process in ECAS.

Can i contact the office(Scarborough Citizenship & Immigration) directly or visit the office to get a status update?

Thank You
You need to phone IRCC or log a web form query to get an update. As you may recall from your Test there is no-one there who will be answering questions unless you are there for a Test or Oath with a letter.

Given you are well well over the year now given that Test date, if they are unable to provide any details over the phone getting your case notes may be the next best step.

Dear friends,

Would like to share with you that I just got my oath invite

Will be in Scarborough Jan 30th

Would like to kindly ask admin to please update the spreadsheet and all of you for your support

Hope I could help others as well and will do my best to keep active in the forum as much as I can to return the support that was given to me

All the best
Please can you post in the appropriate thread, based on whenever you submitted your application?
And congrats! Please also share any details of your experience after Jan 30th!

fabianonetto

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Toronto
Med's Done....
Upfront
You need to phone IRCC or log a web form query to get an update. As you may recall from your Test there is no-one there who will be answering questions unless you are there for a Test or Oath with a letter.

Given you are well well over the year now given that Test date, if they are unable to provide any details over the phone getting your case notes may be the next best step.

Please can you post in the appropriate thread, based on whenever you submitted your application?
And congrats! Please also share any details of your experience after Jan 30th!
App submitted March 22 2019
Test and interview Dec 5 2019 - Requested to resubmit physical presence calculator at interview
DM Dec 24 2019
Oath Invite Jan 14 2020
Oath Ceremony Jan 30 2020

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
App submitted March 22 2019
Test and interview Dec 5 2019 - Requested to resubmit physical presence calculator at interview
DM Dec 24 2019
Oath Invite Jan 14 2020
Oath Ceremony Jan 30 2020
See you also posted in March 2019 thread, thanks and congratulations! A nice quick one (relatively!)

Reactions: fabianonetto

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
I saw previously on this post where some one mentioned that they received oath invite on their post. So I thought of checking if that is the case for all. I have email as my preferred communication on my application and also my AOR and test invite came to email fine. Not sure what went wrong with oath.
Check your spam folder as well. I've also seen cases where ECAS was updated first and the e-mail came a few days later. Good luck!
I decided to wait for a week and then call IRCC..
I too am due Feb 7th but my ECAS says they sent a note Jan 14th. Well I checked ECAS on the 14th and 15th and it wasn't there (similar to my Test invite it claims to have been sent day before I got an email).

But in this case, no email. Nothing in my mailbox either. I called IRCC (bit early I know) and of course after now three minutes of automated messages got cut off due to long hold times.

I don't get why they'd suddenly goto snail mail for this and what happens if it doesn't arrive before then. Like when are we meant to contact them, the day before? It can take days to even get through. Argh.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
I too am due Feb 7th but my ECAS says they sent a note Jan 14th. Well I checked ECAS on the 14th and 15th and it wasn't there (similar to my Test invite it claims to have been sent day before I got an email).

But in this case, no email. Nothing in my mailbox either. I called IRCC (bit early I know) and of course after now three minutes of automated messages got cut off due to long hold times.

I don't get why they'd suddenly goto snail mail for this and what happens if it doesn't arrive before then. Like when are we meant to contact them, the day before? It can take days to even get through. Argh.
Fill out the web form, they usually respond within 5 business days. So you will hear back next week. If the letter comes before that/you get through the call centre, great! Otherwise you will hear back through the web form late next week. Good luck!

Reactions: jc94

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Fill out the web form, they usually respond within 5 business days. So you will hear back next week. If the letter comes before that/you get through the call centre, great! Otherwise you will hear back through the web form late next week. Good luck!
Thanks, if I can't get through by end of day I will do this!

ElSubmarino

Jan 16, 2020
Hi,

For those who got online status update for oath ceremony but haven't got any invitation letter yet;

My online notice appeared in Jan 10 for oath ceremony in Feb 6th; and no invitation letter. (Scarborough office)

Called immigration and phone agent was able to provide me the address for oath ceremony. After the call, gentleman I spoke with sent me an email listing all required documents . He said invitation letter is not required and I am all set for the ceremony.

(To navigate through their phone menus; I punched option 4 and 0 to talk to an agent. Took about 10-15 mins)

Note: He unfortunately could not email me a copy of the invitation. Indicated he would need to put a formal request which would then take 30 days to be completed; and already pass Feb 6th

Reactions: jc94 and sydcarton

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Hi,

For those who got online status update for oath ceremony but haven't got any invitation letter yet;

My online notice appeared in Jan 10 for oath ceremony in Feb 6th; and no invitation letter. (Scarborough office)

Called immigration and phone agent was able to provide me the address for oath ceremony. After the call, gentleman I spoke with sent me an email listing all required documents . He said invitation letter is not required and I am all set for the ceremony.

(To navigate through their phone menus; I punched option 4 and 0 to talk to an agent. Took about 10-15 mins)

Note: He unfortunately could not email me a copy of the invitation. Indicated he would need to put a formal request which would then take 30 days to be completed; and already pass Feb 6th
Great thanks, this is really helpful. I'm assuming the location is the same as for my Test (Scarborough) but I guess there is no guarantee.
When I looked up online on the IRCC "Find a citizenship ceremony" the only one listed on Feb 7th is in Ottawa! I am just outside Toronto.

Reactions: syedrash32

syedrash32

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2014
Doc's Request.
24-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
23-03-2015
IELTS Request
IP from 24 SEP-2015
File Transfer...
15-04-2014
Med's Request
01-12-2015
Med's Done....
05-11-2014
Interview........
Waiver as per GCMS NOTES
Passport Req..
NOT YET
VISA ISSUED...
NOT YET
LANDED..........
NOT YET
Hi,

Thank you for the post i also spoke to IRCC they told Notice of Appear is not important. I have my oath on Feb 07 2020. at some Chinese Cultural Centre..
Great thanks, this is really helpful. I'm assuming the location is the same as for my Test (Scarborough) but I guess there is no guarantee.
When I looked up online on the IRCC "Find a citizenship ceremony" the only one listed on Feb 7th is in Ottawa! I am just outside Toronto.
You conform the address and go.. Oath on Feb 05 and 06 is in Chinese Cultural Centre..

Reactions: jc94

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Well I managed to get through to IRCC this time, but it took 24 minutes in the queue. Well it said 24 minutes, it was actually 18.

Got the same as someone upthread, he said it was definitely sent, and on Jan 14th. I did not get it, I checked my spam folders and have whitelisted all known IRCC addresses, and got other emails that day. I also work in IT.

Anyway, he confirmed the date, time and address and is going to email me the details but can't re-send the notice, said they should be okay with that (I really hope they are!)