+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

Gigibanat

Star Member
Aug 31, 2018
I have the same dates like you. Have you received the invitation to oath yet? I'm still waiting
No ! Please keep in touch..We are a family of four. I got a full mark and the officer seemed happy. Plz let me know if you have any news! Thanks

Gigibanat

Star Member
Aug 31, 2018
I have already rescheduled! I told CIC I will be out of country for a certain number of days and despite that they still scheduled my oath during those exact dates. So I had to reschedule.
I got call for oath on 2nd Aug, it’s now almost 2nd October! They said rescheduling takes 1-2 months but I’m very seriously doubting that and concerned. So I’m hoping if someone knows anyone who’s done this before to give me some insight!
Oh dear...The only thing I did was asking them to speed up my PR renewal a few months ago coz my dad was very sick then. I gave them the ticket date. They only renewed two days AFTER my Ticket date...I'm grateful they did their best, but it was too late and I lost the ticket which cost me a lot. I hope they will speed it up for you.

innans

Sep 28, 2018
No ! Please keep in touch..We are a family of four. I got a full mark and the officer seemed happy. Plz let me know if you have any news! Thanks
We are family of 5. Hope for happy news for all of us :) We have a trip to US in the end of November. Hope to get the passports by then. Will keep in touch.

Reactions: Gigibanat

Gigibanat

Star Member
Aug 31, 2018
Application received on January 11, 2018
processing application on February 13, 2018
citizenship test on May 29, 2018
DM was after 1 Day.
Still waiting for oath Invitation
Hi bro! I am a few days ahead of you. Still nothing too. We are a family of four..Please keep in touch and let me know if you get anything

amfah12

Star Member
Aug 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2011
Doc's Request.
03-05-2011
File Transfer...
12-05-2010
Med's Request
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
03-06-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2014
LANDED..........
11-11-2014
Hi
I’ll get my oath soon and next step will be apply for Passport.
Do we need minor birth certificate while applying for Passport or is Citizenship certificate enough?
If we do need Birth Certificate then
One of my sons was born has Birth certificate in Arabic. Do I need to get it Translated?
I got it translated but sent original with Citizenship Application,
Will the copy work?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Hi
Do we need minor birth certificate while applying for Passport or is Citizenship certificate enough?
One of my sons was born has Birth certificate in Arabic. Do I need to get it Translated?
Will the copy work?
We just applied for Canadian passports two days back. For self, one just 16 (considered an adult) and one 15+ (considered a minor).
1. Yes, we need the birth cert. for the minor
2. Copy of the birth certificate is acceptable
3. It has to be in one of the two official languages of Canada. So yes, we need to translate it. My kids were born in Dubai - UAE. Their certs are in Arabic, which we had got translated in Dubai itself with MOEA stamp. And it was accepted by Passport Canada.
4. Citizenship certs, in ORIGINAL, is required to be produced for all. The clerk will make a copy of the same, for free, at the counter itself.

amfah12

Star Member
Aug 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2011
Doc's Request.
03-05-2011
File Transfer...
12-05-2010
Med's Request
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
03-06-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2014
LANDED..........
11-11-2014
We just applied for Canadian passports two days back. For self, one just 16 (considered an adult) and one 15+ (considered a minor).
1. Yes, we need the birth cert. for the minor
2. Copy of the birth certificate is acceptable
3. It has to be in one of the two official languages of Canada. So yes, we need to translate it. My kids were born in Dubai - UAE. Their certs are in Arabic, which we had got translated in Dubai itself with MOEA stamp. And it was accepted by Passport Canada.
4. Citizenship certs, in ORIGINAL, is required to be produced for all. The clerk will make a copy of the same, for free, at the counter itself.
Thanks Dear

Reactions: Gigibanat and qorax

Gigibanat

Star Member
Aug 31, 2018
Hi
Will the copy work?
Anything that is any language other than English must be legally translated. I applied to my kid who was born in Canada so they required the birth certificate. You need to translate it again then. You also need a Canadian person who has known you for a few years, not sure how many but it says on the application, to sign the document for you. Make sure that person knows all info about your family especially their birth place and where you have lived before coming to Canada as in some cases they would call that person and check info. It happened with my friend.