+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

CA_ LIFE

May 15, 2013
Congrats to all who are geeting Oath invites.
Blade
I am in Scarborough and drove for the oath to Mississauga. I did a last minute change from 401 to QEW. Drive was smooth apart from heavy rain.

Hi everyone, finally I received my oath today around 11am. My applicant type is family and took almost 12 months to process.hers my timeline..
Application received sep 21
IP Nov 9
Test passed February 12
DM Feb 14
Oath invite Aug 22
Oath ceremony Sep 14
I passed my test at Scarborough and oath invite is at Mississauga.
My application processing time is almost 1 year. I hope it will help everyone here who are waiting impatiently.
My advice for every applicant is that the best way to deal with frustration is that don’t expect it before 12 months. Thank you very much all. This forum is really helpful.
Congrats, so happy it finally came. Good luck with the oath.

Reactions: Faimalik
I just received my citizenship oath ceremony invite by email!!! Finally!!

Although I wrote my test in Scarborough, the oath will be in Mississauga.

Application received: November 17
Test date May 7, DM same day
Oath invite email August 22
Oath ceremony September 13

Whoever is waiting for oath November applicants, hang in there, it's coming on your way! My file was "in transit" to Mississauga for last 2weeks, and today I received the email.

I'm glad that finally the journey is coming to an end :)
Congrats, what a good feeling it gives:). I am glad November oath invite is now in full force. Hope they clear all the people waiting before November too soon.

Reactions: Aleen
Thanks! Actually, it didn't rain much yesterday. I could've ridden and sad that i didn't. Traffic was a nightmare. Would've been a breeze to cut through it on a bike.

It must've been my lucky day though. Someone gave me a free parking ticket that was valid for 18 hours lol. Saved $9.
LOL, some of the payback for your hard work on this forum.

ddavidd1

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Does anyone know how long the ceremony takes? Mine is on Sept 13 @ 9 am, I have to go to office afterwards, I was wondering how long will it take and how many guests can I bring?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you
There are people waiting for months on end and some are even willing to travel to another province for their Oath.....you are worried about your office for a few hours???....my suggestion is if you are so worried about going back to the office..then maybe call IRCC and reschedule your Oath for another time and then take time off work on that particular day. This will atleast give someone else a chance in your place who has been waiting for a long time. Cheers

Reactions: Kky and ghatot201

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Sorry for an off-topic post. Those who applied for a Canadian Passport, are/were you able to check the status online ? I applied this morning and was told processing time is 5 weeks lol. They said I can visit www.passportcanada.gc.ca to check the status, but that website is down.

@rajmalhotra7 , any idea ? Thanks!

Last edited:

sam7861

Jul 4, 2018
Whats the longest someone has waited to get DM status. I still have IP status after almost 90 days of clearing the test.

ghatot201

Feb 8, 2013
Windsor, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
PER 08-03-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-12-2014
Med's Request
06-01-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
Canada since 2011, Landed
Whats the longest someone has waited to get DM status. I still have IP status after almost 90 days of clearing the test.
I had 88 days. May 1 Test and July 27 DM

mumbai1985

Feb 25, 2014
Sorry for an off-topic post. Those who applied for a Canadian Passport, are/were you able to check the status online ? I applied this morning and was told processing time is 5 weeks lol. They said I can visit www.passportcanada.gc.ca to check the status, but that website is down.

@rajmalhotra7 , any idea ? Thanks!
Did you apply at Passport office / Service Canada? Passport Canada is faster. I submitted mine last Saturday and expected delivery is Sept 4th . I.e 10 business days. Most got it within a week. I'm still waiting.

Reactions: salimnw

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Did you apply at Passport office / Service Canada? Passport Canada is faster. I submitted mine last Saturday and expected delivery is Sept 4th . I.e 10 business days. Most got it within a week. I'm still waiting.
Applied at Service Canada. I should've applied at the Passport office directly. Didn't realize the processing times are so different. I hope it's faster than what they quoted.

Do you know if there is a way to check the status online ?