+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

mumbai1985

Feb 25, 2014
Guyzzzzz is there anyone here who has rescheduled their oath? I’m wondering how long it’s taking lately
A friend of mine had his 1st oath invite in June. Its August now and he has not received his new invite yet. He was a Dec applicant from Toronto.

HME

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
AOR Received.
15-01-2013
Please call CIC; you have only 2 months to cross the processing timeline and still Test is pending..
I call them almost everyday. Became part of my daily routine haha.. i always get the same answer.

rashu268

May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I had my test in Scarborough on 14th August. I got DM the next day. The officer told me everything was good ,and I will get the invitation to the ceremony next. How many days to wait now?

mumbai1985

Feb 25, 2014
Hi Guys,

I had my test in Scarborough on 14th August. I got DM the next day. The officer told me everything was good ,and I will get the invitation to the ceremony next. How many days to wait now?
As you didnt get oath immediately following the test, most likely you'll get oath from Mississauga in a month or so. Check the tracker - this is the trend.

Reactions: salimnw

ddavidd1

Star Member
May 26, 2018
I posted about it here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/october-11th-2017-citizenship-applicants-under-3-5-rule.521045/page-735#post-7180928

In short, it was awesome! Mississauga office has enough parking in the back, although it's paid. It's $9 max so not bad. There is a plaza nearby where you can park for free and walk to the oath ceremony. I parked at the office itself.

Not sure where you live, but my commute wasn't fun. I got a migraine driving back. 401 is always bad no matter what time you leave.
Hi razerblade, Congrats and Quick question, could you tell us approx how many people at the ceremony, just applicants not families, and was it full or still room for more. Thanks much

salimnw

Sep 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
Ontario PNP
Med's Request
30th April 2014
Med's Done....
5th May 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
3rd Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
13th Feb 2015
LANDED..........
Inland since 2011
Hi razerblade, Congrats and Quick question, could you tell us approx how many people at the ceremony, just applicants not families, and was it full or still room for more. Thanks much
Good question! Gives an approximate idea about how many people are clearing from the backlogs in 1 ceremony..

Reactions: ddavidd1

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
They announced that there were a 100 people in the room taking oaths. I did see couple empty chairs in the front row however. Not sure if "100" is how many were supposed to show up, or how many actually showed up. My guess would be that they schedule 100 per ceremony, because someone else mentioned that number as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: ddavidd1

ddavidd1

Star Member
May 26, 2018
They announced that there were a 100 people in the room taking oaths. I did see couple empty chairs in the front row however. Not sure if "100" is how many were supposed to show up, or how many actually showed up. My guess would be that they schedule 100 per ceremony, because someone else mentioned that number as well.
Thanks...good info...shows they are moving swiftly....there are usually 2 per day ceremonies scheduled ....

Aleen

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Canada
Does anyone know how long the ceremony takes? Mine is on Sept 13 @ 9 am, I have to go to office afterwards, I was wondering how long will it take and how many guests can I bring?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Reactions: salimnw

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Does anyone know how long the ceremony takes? Mine is on Sept 13 @ 9 am, I have to go to office afterwards, I was wondering how long will it take and how many guests can I bring?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you
Roughly 2 hours. If there is a limit on the number of guests you can bring, it would say so on the invite. Otherwise, best to be courteous and bring 2 people at the most.

Reactions: Aleen