+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just received my citizenship oath ceremony invite by email!!! Finally!!

Although I wrote my test in Scarborough, the oath will be in Mississauga.

Application received: November 17
Test date May 7, DM same day
Oath invite email August 22
Oath ceremony September 13

Whoever is waiting for oath November applicants, hang in there, it's coming on your way! My file was "in transit" to Mississauga for last 2weeks, and today I received the email.

I'm glad that finally the journey is coming to an end :)
Updated. Congrats!!

Reactions: Aleen

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
hey, does anyone know if after dm, is there still a chance you can be denied citizenship?
Yes, if IRCC comes to learn about any misrepresentation or fraud related to your application, citizenship can be denied. Not only that, even after taking the oath, if IRCC discovers that you misrepresented on your citizenship application, citizenship can be revoked. During the oath, they make you sign a declaration stating that none of the situations that may make one ineligible to become a Canadian citizen apply to you after you submitted your application.

Quoting the oath invitation:
Canadian citizenship shall not be granted or the Oath of Citizenship shall not be taken in certain circumstances. These circumstances are based on when your citizenship application was signed. Please visit our website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/situations.asp to review details about the circumstances which could prevent you from becoming a Canadian citizen.

It is your responsibility to review the circumstances described on our website and if you think any of these circumstances apply to you, you must inform IRCC on or before the day of your scheduled ceremony. Citizenship may be revoked if it has been obtained by false representation, fraud or by knowingly concealing material circumstances.

ddavidd1

Star Member
May 26, 2018
thank you. Yes I called and asked about the process but they said that processing time from test to oath is 3months which is indicated in their website so not much of help. in my case DM to oath the agent didn't give me specific timeframe. And for the whole process of citizenship would be 12months. Also I'm planning to go outside Canada that's why I ended up on this forum to keep track on processing times and location.
Yes, that's their usual line.....I'm thinking based on feed back from this forum November invites are going out for now, so next month is something to look forward to. Cheers

ecstrom

May 25, 2012
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
22-02-2014
Yes, if IRCC comes to learn about any misrepresentation or fraud related to your application, citizenship can be denied. Not only that, even after taking the oath, if IRCC discovers that you misrepresented on your citizenship application, citizenship can be revoked. During the oath, they make you sign a declaration stating that none of the situations that may make one ineligible to become a Canadian citizen apply to you after you submitted your application.

how's your oath today? im wondering does Miss office have enough public parking?.... im wondering should i drive or take go train....

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
how's your oath today? im wondering does Miss office have enough public parking?.... im wondering should i drive or take go train....
I posted about it here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/october-11th-2017-citizenship-applicants-under-3-5-rule.521045/page-735#post-7180928

In short, it was awesome! Mississauga office has enough parking in the back, although it's paid. It's $9 max so not bad. There is a plaza nearby where you can park for free and walk to the oath ceremony. I parked at the office itself.

Not sure where you live, but my commute wasn't fun. I got a migraine driving back. 401 is always bad no matter what time you leave.

Reactions: ecstrom

dulz93

May 2, 2018

Thanks for the answer. I got my DM after 3 months. Hoping the oath is around the corner.

jojik

Dec 6, 2012
congrats! may I know when you applied for the citizenship? and your exam date?
thanks!
Thanks,

My application received on Nov. 27 (sent on Nov 21)
AOR - Jan 15
IP - Jan 29
Test - May 8
DM - May 9
Oath invite - Aug 22
Oath - Sept 14

Last edited:
Reactions: greenphart

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
I posted about it here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/october-11th-2017-citizenship-applicants-under-3-5-rule.521045/page-735#post-7180928

In short, it was awesome! Mississauga office has enough parking in the back, although it's paid. It's $9 max so not bad. There is a plaza nearby where you can park for free and walk to the oath ceremony. I parked at the office itself.

Not sure where you live, but my commute wasn't fun. I got a migraine driving back. 401 is always bad no matter what time you leave.
What, you didn't ride to the ceremony in the rain? ;-)

Congrats!

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
What, you didn't ride to the ceremony in the rain? ;-)

Congrats!
Thanks! Actually, it didn't rain much yesterday. I could've ridden and sad that i didn't. Traffic was a nightmare. Would've been a breeze to cut through it on a bike.

It must've been my lucky day though. Someone gave me a free parking ticket that was valid for 18 hours lol. Saved $9.