Med's Done....
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
25-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-01-2014
Today, my wife passed the test. She previously failed two months back. I passed mine in may and today she also passed. I can give a very useful tip for all those who are waiting for their tests is not to rely on any online websites and make all of your preparations only by "Discover Canada".

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Today, my wife passed the test. She previously failed two months back. I passed mine in may and today she also passed. I can give a very useful tip for all those who are waiting for their tests is not to rely on any online websites and make all of your preparations only by "Discover Canada".
Good and right advice!

mobaid1

Mar 6, 2018
Took my oath yesterday. Status changed to complete today, though I didnt check yesterday so who knows. This was in Scarborough, 8.30am, July 18. I couldnt find parking downstairs so I went to the mall but the gates were closed so I found a side street to park and had to walk about 3-4 minutes. There were 88 people taking the oath from 33 different countries. Judge was from Pakistani origin like me :). I didnt stay to take photos since I had to get to another event. My guess for why it takes so long to get oath date is that they try to spread out the nationalities for each ceremony, having 33 different countries isn't by accident. They dont want to appear to favor one country and also to show how diverse the people are who come to Canada. I don't think there were more than 4-5 people from same country from what I could tell. The whole process didnt take long. Seated at 8.30, judge came in around 9.15. Speech, oath, handshake, signing, anthem all done by 10. After that people rushed to line up to take photos with the judge lol. Anyways that's my story. Passport application on Monday! Now to continue waiting to get selected for the parents sponsorship lottery, been trying for 3 years, sigh.

Thanks everyone for the support and valuable info.

mickel44

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Hi guys,
Quick question for those who attended Oath Ceremony: if we bring a friend with us, would he be able to sit in the same room where the judge gives his speech and we oath is done or not? would guests be sitting in a different room?
Just trying to see whether it would be a nice experience for guests or they wouldnt get to see anything..

Thank you

mobaid1

Mar 6, 2018
Hi guys,
Quick question for those who attended Oath Ceremony: if we bring a friend with us, would he be able to sit in the same room where the judge gives his speech and we oath is done or not? would guests be sitting in a different room?
Just trying to see whether it would be a nice experience for guests or they wouldnt get to see anything..

Thank you
I took the oath yesterday at Scarborough. Guests were in the same room as us. They were lined up against 3 walls i believe.

Reactions: mickel44

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Took my oath yesterday. Status changed to complete today, though I didnt check yesterday so who knows. This was in Scarborough, 8.30am, July 18. I couldnt find parking downstairs so I went to the mall but the gates were closed so I found a side street to park and had to walk about 3-4 minutes. There were 88 people taking the oath from 33 different countries. Judge was from Pakistani origin like me :). I didnt stay to take photos since I had to get to another event. My guess for why it takes so long to get oath date is that they try to spread out the nationalities for each ceremony, having 33 different countries isn't by accident. They dont want to appear to favor one country and also to show how diverse the people are who come to Canada. I don't think there were more than 4-5 people from same country from what I could tell. The whole process didnt take long. Seated at 8.30, judge came in around 9.15. Speech, oath, handshake, signing, anthem all done by 10. After that people rushed to line up to take photos with the judge lol. Anyways that's my story. Passport application on Monday! Now to continue waiting to get selected for the parents sponsorship lottery, been trying for 3 years, sigh.

Congrats, i was in the same ceremony!

Its an interesting observation though that "spreading out the nationalities" maybe contributing to the delays in Oath. It may explain why some get invites before others even though they might have cleared the test later or got Decision Made later.

Last edited:

Elhamy1re

Nov 5, 2013
Hi guys,

Thank you
You are allowed one guest only. More guests will have to wait outside the room and watch through a screen. If there is still space inside, they might be able to accommodate more guests per person.

Reactions: mickel44

Congrats!

Reactions: mobaid1