+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

camansooeb

Jun 25, 2018
I'm in the same situation, i have a 2.5 year old Canadian child, during my interview the officer suggested we bring her to the ceremony and have her sit on my/or my wife's lap.

I do remember when i came for the test, there was someone who came for his Oath ceremony and had 2 kids - he was allowed only to take one in.

I would recommend you plan for both scenarios just in case, i.e. arrange an adult to sit with the child in case the child wasn't allowed - but at the same time try to take your child with you by saying he will sit on your lap..

hope this helps,

Thank you - I will plan for both.

appreciate all the feedback received from this forum,

you guys are simply awesome! - once again wishing for all to receive oath letters soon.

Poshy

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
So it appears we've been invited to some kind of special ceremony being run in partnership with the Institute for Canadian Citizenship and it is being held at Pearson airport. There are roundtable discussions, the ceremony itself and then a reception afterwards with refreshments, cake and photographs (so it says!).

It seems to take a few hours, but it's kind of nice having something a bit more special, particularly after the hassle involved with the PPQ-QA exercise!
What exactly is a PPQ-QA?

graham1710

Star Member
Oct 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2013
AOR Received.
PER: 09-04-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
19-04-2013
Med's Request
07-01-2014
Med's Done....
14-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2014
LANDED..........
In Canada since October 2012. Landed as a PR on March 8th 2014.
What exactly is a PPQ-QA?
There's a few threads on the forum about it, but this is a good one that describes the various things some people have received:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/rq-versus-physical-presence-questionnaires-including-cit-0205.534082/

Be glad you didn't get it!!!

Specifically, this post explains pretty much what was asked for in this specific exercise:

********************************************************************************
We received a random "Quality Assurance Exercise And Request For Additional Evidence", even though there have been no trips abroad since landing. CIT0205 (11-2017) E - Physical Presence Questionnaire - Quality Assurance Exercise, which is far more in depth than the CIT0171 (07-2014) E.

In addition, the following documents are requested:
  • Passports (including translations of any stamps not in English)
  • Entry/Exit Records issued by other countries
  • Provincial/Territorial Personal Health Claims Summary
  • Rental or lease agreements
  • Letter from landlord confirming rental period
  • Property titles or Mortgage documents
  • Property tax assessments
  • Official school transcripts
  • TF Slips from CRA
  • Letters from employers describing each position held, date of hiring, work schedule
  • Records of employment from CRA
  • CRA Statements of Employment Insurance benefit periods
  • Statements of social assistance
  • Statements of disability assistance
  • 3 Letters from suppliers or clients
  • Incorporation documents
  • Advertising contracts
  • Contracts and invoices demonstrating a continuance o business activity
  • Business bank statements
  • Professional licence/membership card/permit to practice
  • A personal Canadian citizen reference who has known you for the past 2 years and can answer questions about you such as work, study, housing, sports, cultural or religious activities, volunteering
  • Fingerprints
We have 60 days from the date of the letter to respond.
********************************************************************************

gm_1215

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 14, 2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF/BIODATA Dec 31, 2013
AOR Received.
Apr 23, 2013
Med's Request
Dec 31, 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2014
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 20, 2014
LANDED..........
Jan 20, 2014
I took my test on Apr 9... I have a vacation coming in August, precisely it is Aug 4-19....
I won't need a Canadian passport to travel,,, but should I wait longer?
Flight ticket is going up and up as the date is coming up soon... I am nervous not purchasing my air ticket... I don't know what to do...

Poshy

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
There's a few threads on the forum about it, but this is a good one that describes the various things some people have received:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/rq-versus-physical-presence-questionnaires-including-cit-0205.534082/

Be glad you didn't get it!!!

Specifically, this post explains pretty much what was asked for in this specific exercise:

We received a random "Quality Assurance Exercise And Request For Additional Evidence", even though there have been no trips abroad since landing. CIT0205 (11-2017) E - Physical Presence Questionnaire - Quality Assurance Exercise, which is far more in depth than the CIT0171 (07-2014) E.

In addition, the following documents are requested:
  • Passports (including translations of any stamps not in English)
  • Entry/Exit Records issued by other countries
  • Provincial/Territorial Personal Health Claims Summary
  • Rental or lease agreements
  • Letter from landlord confirming rental period
  • Property titles or Mortgage documents
  • Property tax assessments
  • Official school transcripts
  • TF Slips from CRA
  • Letters from employers describing each position held, date of hiring, work schedule
  • Records of employment from CRA
  • CRA Statements of Employment Insurance benefit periods
  • Statements of social assistance
  • Statements of disability assistance
  • 3 Letters from suppliers or clients
  • Incorporation documents
  • Advertising contracts
  • Contracts and invoices demonstrating a continuance o business activity
  • Business bank statements
  • Professional licence/membership card/permit to practice
  • A personal Canadian citizen reference who has known you for the past 2 years and can answer questions about you such as work, study, housing, sports, cultural or religious activities, volunteering
  • Fingerprints
We have 60 days from the date of the letter to respond.
OMG!!
I am in shock.
Considering that, for citizenship, one only has to prove the number of days spent in Canada within a specific period, plus no criminality, that’s a lot of extra information that they’re asking for.

Thank you for your response.
Makes me even more grateful that I’m through.

Best of luck to all.

camansooeb

Jun 25, 2018
Great news - there are 23 posted Ceremonies at Scarborough - 4th until 31st July. Hopefully a lot of members (and silent followers) will receive oath shortly...

aspirant1

Oct 6, 2017
Hi, I am Silent follower in this forum. This is very useful and thoughtful forum with lot of information and guidance.

I would like to thank you all for your info.

We got today our oath invites this morning at 7.28am for my family (3 members) from Scarborough for 17th July at 1 pm ( Scarborough Town Centre).

Family - 3 members
no of days: 1375 days
Test centre: Scarborough
App date: 16th Oct 2017
App recd: 20th Oct 2017
AOR - 28Nov2017
IP - 20Dec2017
Test invite - 7Feb2018
Test date: 27Feb2018
DM:28Feb2018
Oath Invite:03 July 2018
Oath Date:17 July 2018

Thanks to everyone.

Regards,
Aspirant1

Reactions: emamabd

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I am Silent follower in this forum. This is very useful and thoughtful forum with lot of information and guidance.

I would like to thank you all for your info.

We got today our oath invites this morning at 7.28am for my family (3 members) from Scarborough for 17th July at 1 pm ( Scarborough Town Centre).

Family - 3 members
no of days: 1375 days
Test centre: Scarborough
App date: 16th Oct 2017
App recd: 20th Oct 2017
AOR - 28Nov2017
IP - 20Dec2017
Test invite - 7Feb2018
Test date: 27Feb2018
DM:28Feb2018
Oath Invite:03 July 2018
Oath Date:17 July 2018

Thanks to everyone.

Regards,
Aspirant1
Added you to October sheet of global 2017 tracker. Link is in my signature.

Allow 20-30 minutes for updated to reflect in tracker.

dhe513

Jan 11, 2018
Looks like Scarborough has started Nov Applicants Oath Ceremonies! My ceremony is on 18th July at Scarborough Citizenship Center. I am line 101 in the November sheet.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Great news - there are 23 posted Ceremonies at Scarborough - 4th until 31st July. Hopefully a lot of members (and silent followers) will receive oath shortly...
Yeah, that's encouraging!

On another note, this shows the statistical insignificance of these threads and the tracking sheets. If it were, considering it used to be about 6 ceremonies in Scarborough per month, we should have seen at least 3 times the number of invitations for oath here.

ahasan

Star Member
Mar 8, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2007
Med's Done....
14-07-2010
Passport Req..
08-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2011
LANDED..........
May/June 2011
New Judges started from July 1st, Lot of ceremonies will reduce backlog though there are applicants waiting from July/Aug....

sam7861

Jul 4, 2018
Just wondering any May applicants here - I am still waiting for oath.
Applied May 2017 - Test on May 1st, 2018. DM - In process.
Still waiting for Oath.

Reactions: emamabd

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Does anyone know Scarborough immigrant centre phone number?

Just wanna check my status and when it’s my oath day
You can only call IRCC (1-888-242-2100), there's no way to call Scarborough office specifically.

Normally they don't provide any info. besides what you already know..