+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

mobaid1

Mar 6, 2018
Here's my timeline:

Application received: Oct 19, 2017
Application acknowledged: Nov 17, 2017
Application processing started: Dec 7, 2017
Notice for test sent: Jan 11, 2018 (Never received, nor did anyone else who gave the test same day as me, people showed print out of online status to enter test room, I showed it on my phone, they said it was a glitch)
Test date: Jan 31, 2018 (Scarborough)
Decision Made: Feb 5, 2018

Officer said it should take a few months to get the oath date, maybe summer time.

An employee there said it could take longer in my case because of my country of origin it might require longer background check. But also said that they're trying to ramp up the number of oaths per month. At the time they were doing 3 per month and are aiming for 3 per day like it was under Liberals. Don't quote me on the numbers, I might be remembering wrong.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here's my timeline:

Notice for test sent: Jan 11, 2018 (Never received, nor did anyone else who gave the test same day as me, people showed print out of online status to enter test room, I showed it on my phone, they said it was a glitch)

Officer said it should take a few months to get the oath date, maybe summer time.

An employee there said it could take longer in my case because of my country of origin it might require longer background check. But also said that they're trying to ramp up the number of oaths per month. At the time they were doing 3 per month and are aiming for 3 per day like it was under Liberals. Don't quote me on the numbers, I might be remembering wrong.
Added you to spreadsheet. Below is link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16cfQUVB3j56QktacolbsAxpNlOrvk2uFGZzm_ZFCnfg

mickel44

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Here's my timeline:

If you got Decision Made already then I believe it means you're done with bg check. Good luck!

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
March 20th (one of my friend already got it)

By email.
Thanks for the response. I am a September applicant. to be more precise, sept 27. wondering when i can expect my ceremony to be.. i have two international travels coming up in the next few months and i keep pushing the ticket booking until i get an idea on the ceremony..

Awebus

Star Member
Dec 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the response. I am a September applicant. to be more precise, sept 27. wondering when i can expect my ceremony to be.. i have two international travels coming up in the next few months and i keep pushing the ticket booking until i get an idea on the ceremony..
If they issue Oath at current pace (or Unless they get a full-time judge) then i'd say you'd need to wait atleast till end of May or sometime in June. Wishing you a good luck.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hmm don't see it yet. To add some more info:

Family (2)
Physical presence: 1587
Application sent: Oct 16th, 2017
Updated. Pls check in 20-30 minutes. Updates take little time to be reflected on spreadsheet

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Here's my timeline:

As others have mentioned, since your status is now "DM" all bg checks and everything else is done already.

Its interesting news to hear they're trying to schedule more ceremonies per month...i hope they make it a priority and address this backlog.
The fact that they were backlogged for Oath even before the 3/5 rule kicked in on 11-Oct scares me!!