+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Guys - we ALL need to remember the AVERAGE processing time is 12 months. It may work - but it may not.
Sure the standard is 12 months as per the website, which is totally fine...but if your application gets "Decision Made" in only 3 months, it is hard to understand why 9 additional months are needed just to schedule Oath...

Reactions: stalintouch

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Sure the standard is 12 months as per the website, which is totally fine...but if your application gets "Decision Made" in only 3 months, it is hard to understand why 9 additional months are needed just to schedule Oath...
I totally agree with you. I got my GCMS notes it’s have a due date for Oath Ceremony as 27 Sep 2018 could you imagine I applied in August that’s IRCC Its a wait and see.

mickel44

Star Member
May 24, 2013
I understand the wait is painful, but they could also keep your file hanging there with a status "In Process" until they find you a spot for Oath and then switch it to DM, What do you prefer? At least with DM you know your file is complete with no problems and it's just a matter of time.. The average time is 12 months because file may take more or less time at different stages.. Thankfully it's at Oath scheduling in our case, not with IP or RQ for example..

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It’s not “standard”. It’s “average”.

There are a variety of factors - like it or not. But anyone who is moaning when it’s not even been 12 months, come on.

aakash28

Jan 28, 2006
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Oct 2010
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
9th June 2011
Med's Request
18th July 2011
Med's Done....
1st August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 24th 2011; Submitted on October 11th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on November 14th 2011; PP received on December 4th 2011
LANDED..........
May 7th 2012
I totally agree with you. I got my GCMS notes it’s have a due date for Oath Ceremony as 27 Sep 2018 could you imagine I applied in August that’s IRCC Its a wait and see.
Okay brother you are saying on your GCMS note it is noted that your oath ceremony will be on 27th September 2018?? Are you sure? You applied in August 2017 and DM in November 2017. From Scarborough. If all logical sequences that is working on at this particular office now, then you should get your oath call by the end of April or Maximum May middle. How come this additional 4 months time got tagged on to this? Does not make sense!

Is it that they will go to summer vacation and nothing will happen for good long 2-3 months?

samber

Star Member
Sep 29, 2017
Discussion regarding timeline for different offices across Canada is quite logical and members preaching silence and patience are requested to point out concerns.
1 AOR and IP status by enlarge have no disparity among different processing offices
2 Real game starts when there is gross disparity in test dates. This is not understandable. Test dates can be increased for offices with sigh volume of applications without undue burden on resources
3 it is logical and legal to take as much time as required by law to complete all security and back ground checks. No discussion required on this in my opinion
4 More serious issue starts when applicants have to wait for oaths after DM. There is great disparity on waiting period at this stage . Some offices are much faster than others. This may be corrected to give fair and equal chance to all. Again not much additional resources are required To achieve targets. Just increasing the oath dates or calling more people to take oath
Hope things might improve and people will have less stress

Last edited:

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Wow .. that's 13+ months in total..crazy!
My application was receive and the 28 August 2017 so to IRCC 27 sept 2018 would be a year and that’s their time line but and the bright side my notes said ceremony ready so I guess they are just waiting on a spot for oath let’s hope it don’t take a whole year finger crossed.

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They can't issue an RQ after "Decision Made"...
I clearly said worst case scenario and in worat case scenario, it is possible that background checks are not completed even after test. Thus, there is possibility of RQ.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
applied may 2017,test 24 august.got Dm today :) atlastttttt. just getting the Dm feels such a relief
Congrats I guess they finally remember about you,Oath will be soon because they are doing June applicants so you should be a priority good luck.

Reactions: sTAR lu

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Discussion regarding timeline for different offices across Canada is quite logical and members preaching silence and patience are requested to point out concerns.
1 AOR and IP status by enlarge have no disparity among different processing offices
2 Real game starts when there is gross disparity in test dates. This is not understandable. Test dates can be increased for offices with sigh volume of applications without undue burden on resources
3 it is logical and legal to take as much time as required by law to complete all security and back ground checks. No discussion required on this in my opinion
4 More serious issue starts when applicants have to wait for oaths after DM. There is great disparity on waiting period at this stage . Some offices are much faster than others. This may be corrected to give fair and equal chance to all. Again not much additional resources are required To achieve targets. Just increasing the oath dates or calling more people to take oath
Hope things might improve and people will have less stress
The fact is that some offices are quicker than others. This is the result of the number of applicants, backlogs, workload and staffing. These are simple facts. There is no unknown here.

If people insist on expecting that processing should occur quicker than advertised, then you're going to be sorely disappointed. Those preaching "silence and patience" are simply trying to ensure members have realistic expectations. We are the only ones looking at the actual facts.

Last edited:

Awebus

Star Member
Dec 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
July first week applicants are getting Oath Invite. Those who're waiting can calculate their chances accordingly.