+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

Shweta.iyer

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
Me DM since 30 June 2017. still waiting. I am going on vacation in 3 weeks time for 3 weeks. hope they do not send me oath invitation when I am away
You can always call the call centre and let them know the dates you will be unavailable. I did the same in my case. However the call centre will only amend the dates once. so only if you are confirmed on the dates let the call centre know. If call centre cannot do it you will have to write a letter to the citizenship office notifying the same.

Shweta.iyer

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
My PR is expiring in October. My application is Still IN PROCESS. Should I renew the PR card as I need to gofor vacation in December?
What is the wait time on PR Renewal?
Any suggestions
Just get you PR renewed as you dont know when they will schedule for oath. Call up call centre and explain the situation or write a letter to CIC office telling the same. If no reply then you are better off renewing your PR.

danny_princy

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
anyway i dont think we will have oath ceremony call in next 6 months. this is random lottery system and i dont think we are lucky.

Shweta.iyer

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
i already gave my file number too my kids in case if i pass away then after my funeral my kids can check online status.
uuuuh cmon danny... dont say that... (lol although its too funny).. we will have our oaths one day... the unsung heros of citizenship process... lol

cutechamp

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
This is my time line. Bad news no oath scheduled for the rest of July :(
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 6, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 11, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on March 31, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 11, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 3, 2017 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. DM on May 3

geger

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar-Senegal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
01-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2013
LANDED..........
27-03-2013
You can always call the call centre and let them know the dates you will be unavailable. I did the same in my case. However the call centre will only amend the dates once. so only if you are confirmed on the dates let the call centre know. If call centre cannot do it you will have to write a letter to the citizenship office notifying the same.

Hi
The dates are confirmed because I booked my plane ticket since January, even before applying for the citizenship. I will call the call center to let them know. I am 2 weeks away for my trip. But as I can see, I don't think this can happen when I am away but we never know.

Shweta.iyer

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
Hi
The dates are confirmed because I booked my plane ticket since January, even before applying for the citizenship. I will call the call center to let them know. I am 2 weeks away for my trip. But as I can see, I don't think this can happen when I am away but we never know.
i would suggest give the dates atleast 3 weeks prior to your trip since if the oath is scheduled at the last moment then you will have to run around to expedite the passport process..

TsvetyH

Jul 8, 2017
OMG, I just saw that there is no dates for the ceremony at Scarborough in August. We are September applicants, so one year.....

irfan777

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After almost 8 weeks of writing the test, finally my status shows "Decision Made". Any Idea how long will it take for Oath Invitation from here on?

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
oath dates are loaded on website only like 1-2 weeks, sometimes they update in batches.
Don't worry there are always oaths scheduled. 2-4 months is the norm......depending on whenever they get finished all the requirements on file.