+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

SSB1992

Apr 1, 2018
Hello everyone
I’ve noticed that Scarborough office is holding 7 ceremonies this month April. Is it normal number or more that usual? I’m looking for some hope for a faster process :)
Thx.
Seems like their normal number. Mississauga though is holding atleast double the number!

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
I want to see updates every week from people here about their oath dates. That will keep us motivated that something is happening and some day our turn will come.. coming to the forum every day and seeing no new updates is so boring.. (I don't want to say depressing.. I am not there yet)

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
I want to see updates every week from people here about their oath dates. That will keep us motivated that something is happening and some day our turn will come.. coming to the forum every day and seeing no new updates is so boring.. (I don't want to say depressing.. I am not there yet)
Maybe you should just check once a week or two.

mobaid1

Mar 6, 2018
Hey guys just wanted to mention a friend's timeline. They applied last year in May and didn't get test date until March 1st. CIC apologized and to make up for it they gave an oath date for March as well. Test was in Scarborough but oath is in Thornhill.

Hanimani

Mar 30, 2018
I see, anyway if there was anything else that they required (other then the background check), the officer would have asked you for additional docs. or so. So at least from your side nothing is needed at this time, you will get DM once the background checks complete, it varies from person to person so difficult to guess/estimate a timeline but nevertheless nothing to worry about. Sit back and relax, DM and Oath will come when its time.
Thank you

Mar 21, 2018
Hey guys just wanted to mention a friend's timeline. They applied last year in May and didn't get test date until March 1st. CIC apologized and to make up for it they gave an oath date for March as well. Test was in Scarborough but oath is in Thornhill.

This is quite interesting. We applied April 1 2017 got our test on March 19. No one apologized for that, also no oath date till now :( .

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
You are so right,and August applicant just posted Oath Invite he receive in March so I guess people are receiving invite they just not posting we are getting there sooner or later.

Reactions: SSB1992

Jazzyle

Oct 24, 2017
DM on the 30th of Jan and no Oath invite yet. The CIC agent told me that my application is complete, he even congratulated me and told me that they are looking for a date for you for the ceremony. Take a look at Oct 2017 in the excel file, all Scarborough applications are on hold...

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
DM on the 30th of Jan and no Oath invite yet. The CIC agent told me that my application is complete, he even congratulated me and told me that they are looking for a date for you for the ceremony. Take a look at Oct 2017 in the excel file, all Scarborough applications are on hold...
Welcome to our turtle walk I have been waiting since I got DM 30 November,they are doing Oath Invite for July and August so your turn would come eventually unless you get really lucky and get a early invite.goodluck

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
My family applied 17th Apr, test date 2nd Mar. They told you will get oath invite in 2-4 weeks but still status is showing In process
Well that 2-4 weeks estimate is very rarely true. We're looking at a 5-8 months average wait time after DM.