+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

bucajack

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
what could be the possible reason for some people getting oath early than others even when it comes to the application date being the same and also the test date being same.
Background checks and security clearance is still ongoing. They sometimes call people for the test and interview while those things are still happening.

Maple.red

Dec 7, 2018
Hello everybody,
I supposed to have my oath today morning in Mississauga, but unfortunately I got a call yesterday informing the ceremony will be reschedule as the security clearance not yet ready.
Just 24 hours notice!!!
Any one can share experience/thoughts?

Thank you,

Last edited:
Reactions: ddavidd1

juneapp

Nov 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 21 2013
AOR Received.
june 23 2013
File Transfer...
july 21 2013
Med's Done....
mar 1 2013
Passport Req..
august 24 2013
Hello everybody,
I supposed to have my oath today morning in Mississauga, but unfortunately I got a call yesterday informing the ceremony will be reschedule as the security clearance not yet ready.
Just 24 hours notice!!!

Thank you,
Hmm that's short notice just go to the ceremony and see what's going on. Your name might still be there.

juneapp

Nov 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 21 2013
AOR Received.
june 23 2013
File Transfer...
july 21 2013
Med's Done....
mar 1 2013
Passport Req..
august 24 2013
Hmm that's short notice just go to the ceremony and see what's going on. Your name might still be there.
Well I guess if it was today morning you missed it already

Maple.red

Dec 7, 2018
Well I guess if it was today morning you missed it already
Yes the ceremony was today morning.

Yesterday I went to the immigration center (the place where I had to do the ceremony) right after I received the call. The officer said the security clearance not ready yet and they have no idea when will be done!

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017

Yesterday I went to the immigration center (the place where I had to do the ceremony) right after I received the call. The officer said the security clearance not ready yet and they have no idea when will be done!
This seems to happen every December the same thing happened last year December to 3 applicants on this forum.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
You are right. I read that. But didn't hear from them later on.

Do you have idea how long it took to reschedule the new invitation?
Not sure. Hopefully you don’t have to wait to long.

Reactions: Maple.red

ddavidd1

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Hello everybody,
Just 24 hours notice!!!

Thank you,
I think this is just an excuse from IRCC to reschedule....most probably the judge is not coming......

jameswood2

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018

when was your test, mine in IP since March after my test, bg check is still going

rashad321

May 2, 2018
My timeline so far...

9-Feb-2018 Mailed application
12-Feb-2018 Application delivered
12-Mar-2018 AOR
03-May-2018 In Process
31-May-2018 FP requested
28-Jun-2018 FP done
19-Aug-2018 Test invite
13-Sep-2018 Test/interview date (passed)
28-Sep-2018 Decision Made

During my interview, they couldn't confirm my entry/exit since I traveled many times to the US through car and they not always stamped my PP. At the time, they didn't request anything else but I'm thinking since the FOIA takes 3 months roughly should I go ahead and request one? Does anyone here had to submit the entry/exit history for the US?
Hey friend,

My citizenship application is in process. I traveled to US by car many times also, should i order FOIA and have it ready to give it to them if they ask for it at the interview?