+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

Micbm

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
I think you get your oath invitation base on when your application was received not by when test was done.
Man I've been hovering this forum for a while and I've seen all cases!

It tends to be first-come-first-serve but it is not always the case, some things might delay:
- Different offices have different timelines... Scarbs seems to be one of the slowest! Meanwhile in Surrey BC seems to be one of the fastest.
- Amount of ppl on your application can delay, not necessarily, but usually if there's something wrong with one, the entire application gets delayed
- Too many international trips during your eligibility period can make it harder to confirm, specially if you drive to the US since they don't always stamp your PP.

I noticed they only put pressure to finish your process when you're close or over the 12 months periods.

This is just my observation, none of this information is official.

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
Guys,

I am an Oct 2017 applicant
I did my test two weeks ago at Scarborough although I am from mississauga and still waiting for DM, is that normal? Ppl had DM the same day or the day after
My file got transferred to Scarborough early November and I haven't heard back yet. How long did it take you to get test invite after your file was transferred?

minu23

Feb 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I appeared to the test on june and no response after that regarding the oath taking ceremony.. should i contact someone ? can you please share more details.

Micbm

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
I appeared to the test on june and no response after that regarding the oath taking ceremony.. should i contact someone ? can you please share more details.
What do you have showing on your ECAS?
When did you file your application? Usually contacting CIC too early doesn't really do anything, you can get better results by contacting them either close to your 12 months period or after.

minu23

Feb 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What do you have showing on your ECAS?
When did you file your application? Usually contacting CIC too early doesn't really do anything, you can get better results by contacting them either close to your 12 months period or after.
decision made on June 26th.. after that no update.. I submitted my application during January..

moahammadi740

Aug 12, 2014
Hi, CIC
received my application on May 28,
Aug 02,2018 sent me acknowledgment,
Aug 16, Started processing
Oct 15, asking for Finger Print in RCMP, and RCMP sent them the result on Ont 16.

Does anyone have a similar situation? Im almost 4 years in the country and i didn't go out, why they are asking fingerprint ?
This fingerprint cause delay on my application

Nov 30, 2018
Hi, add me to the spreadsheet, please. Case with the Scarborough office:

Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 26, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 16, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on May 8, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on May 22, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 18, 2018 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Olosbaba

Nov 7, 2018
Hi, CIC
Oct 15, asking for Finger Print in RCMP, and RCMP sent them the result on Ont 16.

Does anyone have a similar situation? Im almost 4 years in the country and i didn't go out, why they are asking fingerprint ?
Probably you have same name with someone here in canada

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
Hi, CIC

Hi,
either someone with the same name has a criminal record or you were randomly selected for fingerprinting.

Finally, i have applied for my Canadian Passport. I went to the Whitby Passport office because thats the one which is open on Saturdays also. The only other within GTA is i guess in Brampton. People on google gave them 5 star ranking because of their friendly staff and extra ordinary quick speed of dealing with the applicants and i found it more then 100% correct. When i reached there around 08.40 am, there were more then 50 people in the line before me and i was expecting 3-4 hours of processing time. The office opened its doors at 09.00 am and i was with the representative at 09.07 and after completing everything for my family of four, I was free at 09.25.
That was my experience as well, Whitby Passport Office is the best in the GTA.

Reactions: emamabd

juneapp

Nov 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 21 2013
AOR Received.
june 23 2013
File Transfer...
july 21 2013
Med's Done....
mar 1 2013
Passport Req..
august 24 2013
Add me to the list

DM since October 13, 2018. Waiting for oath at Scarborough

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 8, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 17, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on March 21, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on April 25, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on September 18, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 11, 2018 at 8:20 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Reactions: ddavidd1