+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

Oath invitation received for 04 Sep @ 9 am in Mississauga.
App received 20 Oct 2017
App approved 10 March 2018
Oath Date 04 Sep 2018

Took longer to schedule oath ceremony (approx 6 months) than to process application (approx 5 months).
Bottom line- Application processing time is not a true reflection of becoming Canadian citizen (at least for some processing centers), however for most cases the whole process is completed within 12 months.

Good luck to those still waiting (especially Oct applicants). Take it easy, its just a matter of time!
Congrats, looks like they are really trying to finish the October crowd.

App received 20 Oct 2017
Oath Date 04 Sep 2018

Took longer to schedule oath ceremony (approx 6 months) than to process application (approx 5 months).
Bottom line- Application processing time is not a true reflection of becoming Canadian citizen (at least for some processing centers), however for most cases the whole process is completed within 12 months.

Good luck to those still waiting (especially Oct applicants). Take it easy, its just a matter of time!
For me, it almost kind of balanced out. Here's my timeline:
  • Citizenship Application Delivered October 16, 2017
  • AOR: November 2, 2017
  • In Process: November 24, 2017
  • Test: April 9, 2018
  • Current Status: Decision Made (April 10, 2018)
  • Oath invitation: August 14, 2018
  • Oath ceremony: August 31, 2018 in Mississauga (Interviewed in Scarborough)

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013

"Does anyone have any experience in Mississauga office for taking kids with them during oath ceremony? I have a 2 years old son that is very active and I'm not sure how the stuff react if he starts to running around etc, any feedback would be really appreciated."

"If you son is fussy and running around they will asked you to get someone to take him outside the room so it’s would be a good idea to have someone with you in case he is fussy.There is a TV screen outside the room where the person with you could look at the Ceremony."

I second that. However, I'd go as far as telling you, based on how you describe your son and my experience yesterday, it's necessary to bring someone to take care of him; otherwise you will have a hard time.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Does anyone have any experience in Mississauga office for taking kids with them during oath ceremony? I have a 2 years old son that is very active and I'm not sure how the stuff react if he starts to running around etc, any feedback would be really appreciated.

As SpiceIsland says:
"If you son is fussy and running around they will asked you to get someone to take him outside the room so it’s would be a good idea to have someone with you in case he is fussy.There is a TV screen outside the room where the person with you could look at the Ceremony."

I second that. However, I'd go as far as telling you, based on how you describe your son and my experience yesterday, it's necessary to bring someone to take care of him; otherwise you will have a hard time.

"Does anyone have any experience in Mississauga office for taking kids with them during oath ceremony? I have a 2 years old son that is very active and I'm not sure how the stuff react if he starts to running around etc, any feedback would be really appreciated."

Yes, we discussed it here sometimes ago, it is always better to have someone with you to assist with a child just in case the child will require assistance and you are not able to go out of the room.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Does anyone have any experience in Mississauga office for taking kids with them during oath ceremony? I have a 2 years old son that is very active and I'm not sure how the stuff react if he starts to running around etc, any feedback would be really appreciated.
You seat number is also on your invitation it’s the number where the address is it’s wouldn’t be good if you is seating in the front with a active kid.

Seadog

May 2, 2017
I am not sure where ceremony is yet, I assume Mississauga - ECAS updated sometime this morning;
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 30, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 29, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on January 16, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on February 28, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 28, 2018 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on August 13, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 31, 2018 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

ddq

Nov 13, 2012
Dear All,

I finally received my invitation for the ceremony. My timeline is:

App sent: October 12, 2017
App received: October 16, 2017
AOR: Oct 31, 2017
In process: Nov 14, 2017
Test notice: Jan 11, 2018
Test taken: Jan 29, 2018 in Scarborough
Decision made: ?
Oath invitation: August 13, 2018 (ECAS status updated on August 15, 2018)
Oath ceremony: August 31, 2018 in Mississauga

Often it felt like the waiting period would never end and that was a transforming experience. Getting others' updates on this forum helped alleviate the uncertainty and made getting through the waiting period a bit easier.

May the invitations of those still waiting arrive soon.

ecstrom

May 25, 2012
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
22-02-2014
why the oath invitation doesn't say how many guests can I bring? can I bring two?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I finally got the oath invitation an hour ago. Thank you everyone for your support and feedback. Here is my timeline.

App received: October 13, 2017
AOR: November 18, 2017
In process: December 7, 2017
Test notice: May 1, 2018
Test taken: May 28, 2018
Decision made: May 30, 2018
Oath invitation: August 15, 2018
Oath ceremony: September 4, 2018 at 9:00 AM in Mississauga

Good luck everyone.
Oath received today (Aug 15) at 8:35 am to appear on Sep 4 2018 for oath at Miss Office. Test was done in Scar Office.... live in dt toronto yonge street west side,,,

Finally but without exciting.... why i didn't get the oath for Aug 22 with @razerblade ,,, :(
App received 20 Oct 2017
Oath Date 04 Sep 2018

Congrats! Updated the sheet.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Dear All,

I finally received my invitation for the ceremony. My timeline is:

App received: October 16, 2017
AOR: Oct 31, 2017
In process: Nov 14, 2017
Test notice: Jan 11, 2018
Test taken: Jan 29, 2018 in Scarborough
Decision made: ?
Oath invitation: August 13, 2018 (ECAS status updated on August 15, 2018)
Oath ceremony: August 31, 2018 in Mississauga

Often it felt like the waiting period would never end and that was a transforming experience. Getting others' updates on this forum helped alleviate the uncertainty and made getting through the waiting period a bit easier.

May the invitations of those still waiting arrive soon.
I am not sure where ceremony is yet, I assume Mississauga - ECAS updated sometime this morning;
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 30, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 29, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on January 16, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on February 28, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 28, 2018 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on August 13, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 31, 2018 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Congrats! Updated the sheet.