+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

Sezar_Canada

Nov 17, 2013
Hi My friends this is my Timeline
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 16, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 8, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on November 22, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on May 1, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 14, 2018 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. I got DM same they After interwiev.

Reactions: iwodamiorie

Poshy

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
does anybody from the Scarborough club (during their interview after the test) ever faced a situation where the officer was very rude or he made the interview very difficult by asking so many or many complicated questions??? please share your experiences.
I’ve heard about some horrible interviews in the Mississauga office, but, taking into account ours as well as almost everyone on this forum’s experiences, I’d say that the officers in Scarborough are very courteous and to the point.
So, even though the wait and uncertainty is extremely frustrating, one should count one’s blessings with the officers in Scarborough.
And, given the sudden surge in oath invites, I’m sure someone was listening, and with the extra judges, the timelines will be way less.
Best of luck

venAAA

Star Member
May 1, 2012
does anybody from the Scarborough club (during their interview after the test) ever faced a situation where the officer was very rude or he made the interview very difficult by asking so many or many complicated questions??? please share your experiences.
our interview went smooth (we weren't even asked to show any stamps/English certs/...), but a couple near us were asked tons of questions about their stamps, and at the end they were told to translate "every stamp which is not in English and send it ASAP". It was not rude, of course not, but it looked they were scrutinized. I have dozens of stamps, including ones not in English but nobody asked me to even show my passport

The other employees (security, women who were responsible for test) were extremely supportive, everyone was trying to cheer us up

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
What's perceived to be rudeness and difficult can be very subjective. How exactly was this officer rude? what do you mean by "complicated questions"?

Reactions: iwodamiorie

fsarosh

Aug 9, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Year 2010
Med's Request
28-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
25-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-01-2014
What's perceived to be rudeness and difficult can be very subjective. How exactly was this officer rude? what do you mean by "complicated questions"?
By "complicated questions" i mean digging out a lot on a specific thing or topic like say if they start asking questions about your previous travelling then they have asked a lot of questions on that.

Poshy

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
I do, however, believe, unlike in the past where most people were given the third degree...the ‘guilty until you can prove your innocence’ approach, that they have been told not to be unnecessarily difficult if they find a file to be okay.
It’s now, generally, a kinder approach.
We weren’t asked any questions, but then, we hadn’t travelled much either.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
By "complicated questions" i mean digging out a lot on a specific thing or topic like say if they start asking questions about your previous travelling then they have asked a lot of questions on that.
Seeing as that is part of their qualifying process, they should ask those questions when they feel it's warranted. I wouldn't consider that to be rude or mean at all. And no offence, but anyone should expect such questions and be able to freely and easily answer them.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi My friends this is my Timeline
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 16, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 8, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on November 22, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on May 1, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 14, 2018 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. I got DM same they After interwiev.
Added you to October sheet of global 2017 tracker. Link is in my signature.

Reactions: Sezar_Canada

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Those kind of questions are within the procedural guidelines of the interview. FYI, this is (most likely) the same agent who's processing your file. Therefore, if they have any concerns regarding your travels and any other aspect of your file, it's their job to probe during the interview... if they don't do that and there is fact something suspicious, they can simply refuse the app; or later on, after you become a citizen, you get accused of misrepresentation, which would be worst. So, it's best for them to remove all doubts during the interview.

Last edited:

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
They always send invitations on Friday. This Friday we didn't hear anything from Scarborough Center.
Oath invitations for Scarborough July - October
Weekday -- Oath Invites
Monday -- 7
Tuesday -- 9
Wednesday -- 5
Thursday -- 3
Friday -- 9
Saturday -- 2

samber

Star Member
Sep 29, 2017
Hi Friends
I moved to the last stage of citizenship oath to be held on 7th June .My heart is with all those who are still waiting for oath invite specially Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep applicants who have been un necessarily delayed.

May I request how soon we can apply for passport after oath, which passport office has minimum processing time, and how long it takes approx. Personal experiences will be more realistic. I am Mississauga applicant who ended up in Scarborough

Osama912

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Hi Friends
I moved to the last stage of citizenship oath to be held on 7th June .My heart is with all those who are still waiting for oath invite specially Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep applicants who have been un necessarily delayed.

May I request how soon we can apply for passport after oath, which passport office has minimum processing time, and how long it takes approx. Personal experiences will be more realistic. I am Mississauga applicant who ended up in Scarborough
Congratulations
Kindly, where u will do the oath?
And what is ur time line?
I am Mississauga applicant who did the test in Scarborough then they transfered my file back to Mississauga.
I applied on August , test Feb 5, still waiting