+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Saskatchewan Express Entry Sub-Category STARTED

emailme1698

May 31, 2015
Posted by: High
Insert Quote
Thanks everyone for sharing your experience with your application? I'm a bit confused with the IELTS requirement. Before my brother was allowed to continue making his profile, he answered several questions to determine his eligibility. He got 6.5 overall IELTS score, R-6.5, L-6.5, S-6.5 and W-5.5, which is enough to apply for SINP Skilled Category. He has Bachelor of Science in Electronics and Communications Engineering, got a WES Assessment equivalent to Canada as 3-year diploma. His experience under NOC 2281 as a Network Engineer/Network Administrator, which is not regulated in SK is 10 years. He is 35 years and has 30k Cad as proof of funds for a family of 5. After completing his Express Entry profile, the results was he is Ineligible! With that qualification and experience, we don't know what went wrong. He is applying to live and work in Saskatchewan and he's got a sister who is a Permanent Resident, giving him an additional 20 points. For SINP he got about 82 points total. He did not get any reason at all about why he is ineligible and what does he need to work on. If it was the language ability, he should not passed the first step in the first place by finding out if he is okay to create an EE profile, if he wasn't. We are so disappointed. We think Express Entry for SINP is just adding another tedious process to the application. If it were direct to the province, he should have made it.

Yes He have made it if express entry is not required, however to apply under SINP u must need profile with EE and than can
be generated once u have CLB 7 in IELTS. Your brother must work on his IELTS in order to apply under any PNP (correct me if I am wrong)...

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
High said:
Thanks everyone for sharing your experience with your application? I'm a bit confused with the IELTS requirement. Before my brother was allowed to continue making his profile, he answered several questions to determine his eligibility. He got 6.5 overall IELTS score, R-6.5, L-6.5, S-6.5 and W-5.5, which is enough to apply for SINP Skilled Category. He has Bachelor of Science in Electronics and Communications Engineering, got a WES Assessment equivalent to Canada as 3-year diploma. His experience under NOC 2281 as a Network Engineer/Network Administrator, which is not regulated in SK is 10 years. He is 35 years and has 30k Cad as proof of funds for a family of 5. After completing his Express Entry profile, the results was he is Ineligible! With that qualification and experience, we don't know what went wrong. He is applying to live and work in Saskatchewan and he's got a sister who is a Permanent Resident, giving him an additional 20 points. For SINP he got about 82 points total. He did not get any reason at all about why he is ineligible and what does he need to work on. If it was the language ability, he should not passed the first step in the first place by finding out if he is okay to create an EE profile, if he wasn't. We are so disappointed. We think Express Entry for SINP is just adding another tedious process to the application. If it were direct to the province, he should have made it.
This might be possible due to low IELTS score in writing.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Two questions about SINP score:
1. how does individual section of IELTS score converts to SINP-points? It doesn't say in the application guide. If I have CLB7 in writing and CLB9 in everything else and IELTS 7.5 total, how much do I get?

2. Does internship work experience (outside SK) count as "work experience" for points?

It sucks so much that work experience (not even work offer) worth only 5 points while relatives in SK worth 20...

T365

Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
mf4361 said:
Two questions about SINP score:
1. how does individual section of IELTS score converts to SINP-points? It doesn't say in the application guide. If I have CLB7 in writing and CLB9 in everything else and IELTS 7.5 total, how much do I get?

2. Does internship work experience (outside SK) count as "work experience" for points?

It sucks so much that work experience (not even work offer) worth only 5 points while relatives in SK worth 20...

1. I believe there are sites that lets you convert IELTS to CLB and vice versa.

2. It doesn't say specifically on the guideline. Perhaps you can contact them to clarify.

T365

Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
By the way, I'm planning to lodge my application soon.

Does any one of you know if an electronic signature is allowed? I have an electronic employment reference letter and thinking to submit it instead of waiting for the hard copy with a wet signature.

Thanks for the feedback!

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
T365 said:
1. I believe there are sites that lets you convert IELTS to CLB and vice versa.

2. It doesn't say specifically on the guideline. Perhaps you can contact them to clarify.
It only converts bands of individual section into CLB. But SINP guideline doesn't say whether it looks at overall band (which don't have IELTS-CLB conversion) or individual section.

bishgop

Star Member
May 30, 2015
Bangalore
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2016
Doc's Request.
03-12-2016
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
Medicals Passed
My job Code is 1123. Am I eligible to apply?

choco09

Dec 28, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
NOC 2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
All Docs Sent
Nomination.....
God knows
IELTS Request
sent along with appl
File Transfer...
will never happen since cap reached for fsw2014
Med's Request
never for fsw2014
Med's Done....
may be later
Interview........
may be later
Passport Req..
definitely not for fsw2014
bishgop said:
My job Code is 1123. Am I eligible to apply?
not eligible

T365

Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
Anyone here who submitted an application got their file number or AOR already? Can you please share details how long you had to wait to get it, and what details are on it?

Thanks.

T365

Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
T365 said:
Anyone here who submitted an application got their file number or AOR already? Can you please share details how long you had to wait to get it, and what details are on it?

Thanks.
Just submitted mine today. Does anyone have experience on what happens next? Current status of my application is received and there's a file number. Anyone knows how long the review will take?

Thanks for the feedback.

tgfarrales

May 11, 2015
T365 said:
Just submitted mine today. Does anyone have experience on what happens next? Current status of my application is received and there's a file number. Anyone knows how long the review will take?

Thanks for the feedback.
I also submitted mine today through their SINP portal and got an application number. Kindly share your experience if you get any notification from them or any word on how long we need to wait.

Can we apply for other nominee programs in other provinces after filing for SINP? :eek:

darklord

Oct 12, 2014
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
N/A-EE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015 (SINP); 04-12-2015 (CIC)
Nomination.....
05-10-2015
AOR Received.
04-12-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded to SINP Online
Med's Request
Not Applicable - Upfront for EE
Med's Done....
Upfront medicals
emailme1698 said:
Posted by: High
Insert Quote

Yes He have made it if express entry is not required, however to apply under SINP u must need profile with EE and than can
be generated once u have CLB 7 in IELTS. Your brother must work on his IELTS in order to apply under any PNP (correct me if I am wrong)...
For Express Entry, one needs to have IELTS score of 6 as minimum in each band to be eligible (so your the writing score of 5.5 is the culprit here). He should retake IELTS and try to aim for minimum of 6 in each band (the more the better but min is 6). Minimum score of 6 in each band in IELTS translates to CLB 7.

I doubt he will make it through SINP because 1000 applications are the threshold and he has yet to take IELTS to be eligible.

All the best.

jayakrishna

Star Member
Sep 21, 2014
HI sraj07,
congrates for applying for Saskatchewan Express Entry and i wish you good luck.
I am planning to apply for Saskatchewan Express Entry Sub-Category .I have meet the below criteria.
CLB7:L-7.5 R:6 W:6.5 S6.5--its CLB7
I have done with my ECA
I have my elder brother with PR living in Saskatchewan .he will nominate me
I have 5+ years of experience as IT analyst
I am married and my wife has done her B.TEC with out IELTS score
I can show funds from june 9 2015 in my account
I request you all to please provide me the details of the Documents required and step by step process for applying the Saskatchewan Express Entry.Urgent they have put a cap of 755..Quick reply will be appreciated.

I am from India if any body want to help me with process please call me on 9742462345 and let me know for any details required.

T365

Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
jayakrishna said:
HI sraj07,
congrates for applying for Saskatchewan Express Entry and i wish you good luck.
I am planning to apply for Saskatchewan Express Entry Sub-Category .I have meet the below criteria.
CLB7:L-7.5 R:6 W:6.5 S6.5--its CLB7
I have done with my ECA
I have my elder brother with PR living in Saskatchewan .he will nominate me
I have 5+ years of experience as IT analyst
I am married and my wife has done her B.TEC with out IELTS score
I can show funds from june 9 2015 in my account
I request you all to please provide me the details of the Documents required and step by step process for applying the Saskatchewan Express Entry.Urgent they have put a cap of 755..Quick reply will be appreciated.

I am from India if any body want to help me with process please call me on 9742462345 and let me know for any details required.
Here are the application guide and document checklist:

http://www.economy.gov.sk.ca/immigration/appguide-sk-express-entry
http://www.economy.gov.sk.ca/immigration/sinp-100-30

First is to make sure your NOC is in the In-demand Occupation List at the last pages of the guide. After that, check if you meet the min. points required. Everything you need is in these 2 documents. Study them carefully first before posting any questions again.

By the way, where did you get this info???

Urgent they have put a cap of 755