+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sao Paulo VO 2011

ACM90

Jul 31, 2016
Good morning everyone!

My husband (the applicant) and I both just received emails from the visa section for the PPR!!!

We are elated! The past few days have made me a bit anxious...

Tuesday morning I received an email from CIC stating there was an update to our online application, but when I signed in nothing had changed. I emailed the visa office that afternoon and didn't receive a response (for the first time in the history of communication I've had with them). Then yesterday, Wednesday, I received another email from CIC stating the same thing...another update. Again, after signing in, nothing had changed.

So the email we received with the PPR this morning was very, very welcome!

We'll have the new photos taken tomorrow to send with the passport to the visa office. What a great way to start the weekend :)

alooise

Oct 27, 2015
Congratulations to all!
I'm very happy to hear that the applications are finally being approved and in such a short time!
Our application was sent to São Paulo in the beginning of this month and I'm hoping for a smooth and fast application as well.

All the best in Canada!
-Louise

ACM90

Jul 31, 2016
Hello,

We sent my husband's passport to the SP visa office where it was received last week by Sedex. We understand that they'll return it by registered mail (Carta Registrada, right?). Has anyone else received their passport back from the SP visa office this way? If so, did the visa office email you a tracking number? How long did it take?

Our main concern is that the passport will arrive during the day, but no one is home from 7:30am-7:30pm. As no one will be home when it arrives, will the passport be left at the nearest Correios for us to pick up, then? Is that what happened for anyone else?

Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Happy Halloween!

SalvadorA

Nov 3, 2016
I am a Canadian sponsoring my Brazilian husband to come to Canada. He also has the Portuguese passport, so when he comes to Canada he uses that since it doesn't require a visa. So when we got married he got married as a Portuguese, but he has never lived in Portugal. My question is when we do the application under the Family class, can he apply as a Brazilian because all his school history and work history is in Brazil? Is it an issue that he use his Portuguese passport?

Mightytonewheel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-13-2016
SalvadorA said:
I am a Canadian sponsoring my Brazilian husband to come to Canada. He also has the Portuguese passport, so when he comes to Canada he uses that since it doesn't require a visa. So when we got married he got married as a Portuguese, but he has never lived in Portugal. My question is when we do the application under the Family class, can he apply as a Brazilian because all his school history and work history is in Brazil? Is it an issue that he use his Portuguese passport?
Does he live in Brazil, and does he have a Brazilian passport? If so, he should almost certainly apply outland as a Brazilian. The fact that he also holds Portuguese citizenship is largely irrelevant. He will be asked to list what citizenships he holds on the application, so he'll just provide the info related to his Portuguese passport.

I had a similar circumstance. My wife is Brazilian but also holds an Italian citizenship. (She'd never lived there.) The only difference it made is that Italy is a non-visa requirement country, so she could easily enter Canada as a visitor without having to apply for a visa.

However, I don't know what you mean by "he got married as a Portuguese". Do you mean he got married in Portugal?

Mightytonewheel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-13-2016
Jaytheo40 said:
Great news!
Just received the email I've been waiting for - passport request for my wife! whew hoo! Finally - wishing all of you much success and really hope everyone gets great news soon.

Huge appreciation for all those that have helped me along the way - couldn't have done this without your help and guidance.

cheers,
John (Toronto)
John, congratulations. I haven't been checking the site recently but I was glad to see your situation is almost complete. I'd been following your situation. Parabens!

Canadianinbrazil

Star Member
Mar 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
30-09-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
SA 15-04-2016 AOR2 22-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
03-12-2015
Passport Req..
17-10-16
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-16
LANDED..........
15-11-16
My husband just received his COPR in the mail yesterday from Ottawa :) spent an hour and a half on the phone waiting to make an appointment for his landing interview!! Almost there!

eder11990

Sep 15, 2016
Hello guys.

My BG check started on Oct 18th and until now I have no update regarding my application. Does anyone know how long it takes the BG check ( an average would be awesome)?

Thanks

Best of luck to everyone.

Jaytheo40

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
São paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-01-2016
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
27-09-2016
Mightytonewheel said:
John, congratulations. I haven't been checking the site recently but I was glad to see your situation is almost complete. I'd been following your situation. Parabens!
Thank you Mighty,

Well my process is over. My wife landed almost 1 month ago - so happy right now. Thank you for your kind words - I really owe a lot to the many that have guided me along the entire process. I check back here once in a while and answer some questions to those beginning the process. All the best to you and your family - see you around.

John (Toronto)

Sep 11, 2015
Hi everyone,

They emailed asking for some documents in September I replied to that email and attached the documents requested. I asked them to email me back to confirm the attachments were received they never replied. MyCIC account hasn't been updated, so I email them again asking if they received the documents but they haven't replied. Should I be worried? Has this happened to anyone ?

eder11990

Sep 15, 2016
Hello everyone!!!

Just to let you guys know that my passport was requested yesterday, I still cannot believe it. I submitted my application on Jul 15th ( CPC Mississauga) and 4 months later here I am just waiting for my COPR.
God is good all the time. I wish all the best for all the applicants , may God bless you guys!!

Jaytheo40

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
São paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-01-2016
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
27-09-2016
canadiangirl90 said:
Hi everyone,

They emailed asking for some documents in September I replied to that email and attached the documents requested. I asked them to email me back to confirm the attachments were received they never replied. MyCIC account hasn't been updated, so I email them again asking if they received the documents but they haven't replied. Should I be worried? Has this happened to anyone ?
They will never reply confirming they received your documents. Be patient and trust the system and you will be just fine. Before receiving passport request for my wife in Brazil we heard absolutely nothing for 6 months from the VO in Sao Paulo - your process will be completed in due time and trust me no news is good news. If they need anything from you they will certainly contact you. I know it's difficult waiting - but happy days are closer then you thing.

all the best,
John (Toronto)

Sep 11, 2015
Jaytheo40 said:
They will never reply confirming they received your documents. Be patient and trust the system and you will be just fine. Before receiving passport request for my wife in Brazil we heard absolutely nothing for 6 months from the VO in Sao Paulo - your process will be completed in due time and trust me no news is good news. If they need anything from you they will certainly contact you. I know it's difficult waiting - but happy days are closer then you thing.

all the best,
John (Toronto)
Thank you John

JZ_SP

Oct 8, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2016
AOR Received.
19-10-2016
File Transfer...
25-10-2016 (SA)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
26-08-2016
alooise said:
Congratulations to all!
I'm very happy to hear that the applications are finally being approved and in such a short time!
Our application was sent to São Paulo in the beginning of this month and I'm hoping for a smooth and fast application as well.

All the best in Canada!
-Louise
Hello, Louise!
I'm a September applicant from Sao Paulo VO as well! :D
I think you sent your documents one or two weeks before me... hope our process is fast and smooth too! =)
If you need anything, you can contact me, ok?
good luck! :)

rio2016

Aug 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2016
File Transfer...
Sep 08 2016 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Hello JZ_SP ... welcome to Sao Paulo queue! When did you get your SA approved ?

I'm keeping track of a consolidate and simplified 2016 SP list. I've added you there.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sao-paulo-bra-vo-201617-timeline-t458437.0.html