+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sao Paulo VO 2011

Mdlf2016

May 15, 2016
Hi everybody,
Congrats to all applicants who received news recently! I don't want to discourage anybody, but CIC does not always keep PR applications in order of their reception. A lot of people received PR before my husband's did. It took CIC 7months to process everything once they received our info in Sao Paulo (approximately 2 months after beginning of process in Ottawa). I believe unless you have the perfect story and absolutely no forgotte document, it's not very likely to happen in such a short period of time. It is always possible though! CIC is fairly unpredictable.
We received DM on July 13th and CIC received my husband's passport on the 15th. It's been two weeks now; we are hoping the passport makes its way back during next week. It would be so amazing to have my husband back home next weekend!!

nsjk16 said:
Hopefully just 4 months, my friend!!! Lol!
HOPEFULLY.
Tomorrow will be 4 months they have my papers in SP and they never requested anything else for my husband and I.

minniemouse

Star Member
Mar 14, 2016
Hi!
All I did to link my app to mycic was put my husband's details (app number and family name), left the passport info blank and put 2 in the number of applicants (which is you, the PA and the sponsor). That should work.
As for my application...I'm pretty bummed out because, well...
-1st SPVO requested my husband's PCC from countries we lived in which were delivered personally on june 17th and mycic shows that they haven't even begun the background check yet
-2nd I sent an email to SPVO asking they neede anything else from us and they replied that they received our app in April, it's in queue for assessment and that current processing time in SP is 9 months.[/u]
Is this possible??
Don't they mean 9 month including sponsor assessment??
How is it possible that they haven't started background check??...it's been over a month since delivery!!!
Can anyone PLEEEASE give me some good news...kinda freakin' out here!!!
My husband's application was received in SP on April 16th...

nsjk16 said:
Hi there,
I'm a January applicant. We applied on January 18th. CIC got everything on January 19th. My husband was approved on March 15th and they started my application in SP on March 30th. Will be 4 months tomorrow they have my papers in SP.

How did u link ur application at Mycic to see? I tried million times and still not able to. They say: no application.

minniemouse

Star Member
Mar 14, 2016
I hope you're right...I really wanted to move in September...
August will be month number 4 for me...
Does anyone know how long it takes to go from DM to COPR??

nsjk16 said:
Hopefully just 4 months, my friend!!! Lol!
HOPEFULLY.
Tomorrow will be 4 months they have my papers in SP and they never requested anything else for my husband and I.

nsjk16

Star Member
May 30, 2016
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/01/2016
AOR Received.
03/15/2016
File Transfer...
03/30/2016
minniemouse said:
I hope you're right...I really wanted to move in September...
August will be month number 4 for me...
Does anyone know how long it takes to go from DM to COPR??
Hi there,
Unfortunately I don't know what tell you. Before CIC were speeding up with the process as I mentioned my friend that applied one month before me is already here in Canada with her husband. I'm still hoping to hear from them sometime soon (finger crossed). I also know is hard to base in other people as every process is different but since we applied they never asked for extra documents or anything what makes me think our application was completed but we never know, we can't be sure about anything when comes to immigration process.

My husband and I also have a vacation booked for September so I really hope we are lucky and won't need to change dates.

In my friends case they changed from "in process" to "decision made" and they took 2 weeks to send her an email asking for her passport but once she sent it they returned her passport within 11 days. So only with the "passport" part they took almost 1 month.

I'll try again know to link our application to mycic. You mentioned you didn't inform the passport number, so what did you informed in that part? the place you were born? Cuz the options is city/country you were born OR passport information.

Thank you there. Lets keep hoping. We are almost there!

Mightytonewheel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-13-2016
minniemouse said:
Hi!
All I did to link my app to mycic was put my husband's details (app number and family name), left the passport info blank and put 2 in the number of applicants (which is you, the PA and the sponsor). That should work.
As for my application...I'm pretty bummed out because, well...
-1st SPVO requested my husband's PCC from countries we lived in which were delivered personally on june 17th and mycic shows that they haven't even begun the background check yet
-2nd I sent an email to SPVO asking they neede anything else from us and they replied that they received our app in April, it's in queue for assessment and that current processing time in SP is 9 months.[/u]
Is this possible??
Don't they mean 9 month including sponsor assessment??
How is it possible that they haven't started background check??...it's been over a month since delivery!!!
Can anyone PLEEEASE give me some good news...kinda freakin' out here!!!
My husband's application was received in SP on April 16th...
I know it's natural to be anxious, but in fact you have absolutely nothing to worry about. If your husband's application was received in Sao Paulo in the middle of April, that means you should expect to wait until about the middle of October for completion. The fact that they asked you for PCCs means they have your application and are processing it. From what I understand, the background check status remains "not started" until it's complete.

The best thing to do is to add 9 months to the date you CIC received your application from you. After that date passes, then you have every right to start making inquiries about why it's taking more than the estimated time. Quite frankly, it's not CIC's job to ease everyone's worries, especially for people who are many, many months before their estimated completion date.

I had to go through this. The best course of action is to continue to live your life, and resist the temptation to check/re-check/email for updates. Almost everyone who freaks out now winds up forgetting what it was they were so worried about.

Mightytonewheel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-13-2016
ana_d said:
It is taking around 4 months after SA for people who are not requested other documents.
Uh, no. The Sao Paulo office is too inconsistent to make this kind of prediction. Some people are getting about 4 months between SA and DM, others are taking longer. It's not clear why this is the case, but it's best not to set expectations like this.

Jaytheo40

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
São paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-01-2016
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
27-09-2016
Hi Ana

When you received the email from São Paulo VO requesting passports did they email both the applicant in Brazil and the sponsor or just the applicant?

Thanks

ana_d

Mar 8, 2016
Jaytheo40 said:
Hi Ana

When you received the email from São Paulo VO requesting passports did they email both the applicant in Brazil and the sponsor or just the applicant?

Thanks
Hi Jaytheo40,

They emailed both Sponsor and principal applicant.

minniemouse

Star Member
Mar 14, 2016
Hi!!
I noticed that from your app. file to passport request it was almost exactly 6 months which is a very good sign...for me anyway. However in mycic account page it states that they haven1 t started bkg check yet....Do you think they haven't updated it yet or maybe it just towards the end of processing??

Mightytonewheel said:
Uh, no. The Sao Paulo office is too inconsistent to make this kind of prediction. Some people are getting about 4 months between SA and DM, others are taking longer. It's not clear why this is the case, but it's best not to set expectations like this.

Mightytonewheel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-13-2016
minniemouse said:
Hi!!
I noticed that from your app. file to passport request it was almost exactly 6 months which is a very good sign...for me anyway.
Yes, but I would not count on this. Our passport request came earlier than expected. Other cases I know of took longer. One person I know got her DM two months easlier than other person who filed on the same day. I don't know why some take longer than others, and the SP office can get very busy at any time.

minniemouse said:
However in mycic account page it states that they haven1 t started bkg check yet....Do you think they haven't updated it yet or maybe it just towards the end of processing??
As I explained in my previous post, I am under the impression that this status is not changed until the background check is complete. The fact that this has not changed is not a big deal.

Again, I think you have nothing to worry about. The big challenge for you, I suspect, is just being patient.

[/quote]

minniemouse

Star Member
Mar 14, 2016
You are absolutely right...I do need to calm down but it is something sooooooo important to me....
As it is for most of us here in the forum. Thanks for the advice!!!

Mightytonewheel said:
Yes, but I would not count on this. Our passport request came earlier than expected. Other cases I know of took longer. One person I know got her DM two months easlier than other person who filed on the same day. I don't know why some take longer than others, and the SP office can get very busy at any time.

As I explained in my previous post, I am under the impression that this status is not changed until the background check is complete. The fact that this has not changed is not a big deal.

Again, I think you have nothing to worry about. The big challenge for you, I suspect, is just being patient.

nsjk16

Star Member
May 30, 2016
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/01/2016
AOR Received.
03/15/2016
File Transfer...
03/30/2016
minniemouse said:
You are absolutely right...I do need to calm down but it is something sooooooo important to me....
As it is for most of us here in the forum. Thanks for the advice!!!
Yes, I do understand. It its something important for all of us to be together with our beloved ones.
Is being 4 months and one week they received my papers in SP and nothing yet. On their website still the same "in process" and unfortunately I still not being able to link my application to my cic. I have been trying for more than a week and all it says is: "no application found."
So frustrating.

ohhhhcanada

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
11-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2016
nsjk16 said:
Yes, I do understand. It its something important for all of us to be together with our beloved ones.
Is being 4 months and one week they received my papers in SP and nothing yet. On their website still the same "in process" and unfortunately I still not being able to link my application to my cic. I have been trying for more than a week and all it says is: "no application found."
So frustrating.
Try this thread, it might help you :)

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/june-2016-outland-spousal-applicants-t428419.0.html;msg5366847#msg5366847

nsjk16

Star Member
May 30, 2016
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/01/2016
AOR Received.
03/15/2016
File Transfer...
03/30/2016
ohhhhcanada said:
Try this thread, it might help you :)

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/june-2016-outland-spousal-applicants-t428419.0.html;msg5366847#msg5366847
Thank you. I will try again in 24 hours when I have more attempt to use.

Mar 25, 2016
Hello everybody,

Nice to meet you all :)

Im not too familiar with this forum yet, but Id like to thank you all for all the great help.

Id like to share my timeline application

Application submitted to missisauga office: April 11
Approval: June 7
File was transferred to SAO PAULO - June 9th
Med: Upfront

I havent received any further news so far. Crossing my fingers will receive some good news soon.