+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sao Paulo VO 2011

ana_d

Mar 8, 2016
Hi guys,

Just to keep everyone posted, I got my passport with CoPR back on Monday after sending it on July 22nd to Ottawa.
I landed today. Everything went pretty smooth.
No questions made at the landing interview, except for if I had plans to travel out of Canada in the next two months before I receive the PR card. He said my tourist visa is still valid, so I won't have any problem coming back without PR card.

Happy it's finally over.

Best of luck to everyone. :)

nsjk16

Star Member
May 30, 2016
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/01/2016
AOR Received.
03/15/2016
File Transfer...
03/30/2016
ana_d said:
Hi guys,

Just to keep everyone posted, I got my passport with CoPR back on Monday after sending it on July 22nd to Ottawa.
No questions made at the landing interview, except for if I had plans to travel out of Canada in the next two months before I receive the PR card. He said my tourist visa is still valid, so I won't have any problem coming back without PR card.

Happy it's finally over.

Hi Ana!
Congratulations! I hope you can enjoy the "freedom" and also your husband now :)
Just a quick question if u able to help. Once they send ur passport back with CoPR, are you obligated do do your landed righ away? I assume "landed" is when you go to the border to re-entry or outside canada and come back?
I'm just wondering cuz I might need to go outside canada in Septembwr (if I get my CoPR till there. Hopefully) and I was planning to do my landed when I come back to CA as the CoPR is one entry visa and my visitor visa will be over. If necessery I'll extend my tourist visa, but I hope I can do my landed on my way back from my short vacay.

Hope you understand me! Lol

Thank you. Enjoy ur new life' all the best.

ana_d

Mar 8, 2016
nsjk16 said:
Hi Ana!
Congratulations! I hope you can enjoy the "freedom" and also your husband now :)
Just a quick question if u able to help. Once they send ur passport back with CoPR, are you obligated do do your landed righ away? I assume "landed" is when you go to the border to re-entry or outside canada and come back?
I'm just wondering cuz I might need to go outside canada in Septembwr (if I get my CoPR till there. Hopefully) and I was planning to do my landed when I come back to CA as the CoPR is one entry visa and my visitor visa will be over. If necessery I'll extend my tourist visa, but I hope I can do my landed on my way back from my short vacay.

Hope you understand me! Lol

Thank you. Enjoy ur new life' all the best.
Thank you Nsjk16. It feels like a new life. :)

No, you don't have to land right away. I thought I would have to do it within one month from when the PR visa was issued. But my PR visa expiration date was December 1st. The information paper that came with the CoPR states I have until that date to land.
I actually rushed to do it next day because I thought I would need to have my PR card by the time I go to Brazil in the end of September, which is not the case according to what the officer told me.

Yes, you are right about what landing means.

So probably you will be fine if you get your CoPR before your trip.

All the best.

Jaytheo40

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
São paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-01-2016
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
27-09-2016
ana_d said:
Hi guys,

Happy it's finally over.

Well congratulations! that is very good news. I love to hear success stories - enjoy your life in Canada! I'm sure you still have a perma smile that just won't go away. Happy for both of you.

cheers,
John (Toronto)

ana_d

Mar 8, 2016
Jaytheo40 said:
Well congratulations! that is very good news. I love to hear success stories - enjoy your life in Canada! I'm sure you still have a perma smile that just won't go away. Happy for both of you.

cheers,
John (Toronto)
Thanks John!

I hope your process goes fast and smoothly!

minniemouse

Star Member
Mar 14, 2016
Hi Ana!!!
Congrats on your journey being over!!!
When did you apply?? I'm a February applicant and hping it will be over soon too!!!

Thanks

ana_d said:
Thanks John!

I hope your process goes fast and smoothly!

ana_d

Mar 8, 2016
minniemouse said:
Hi Ana!!!
Congrats on your journey being over!!!
When did you apply?? I'm a February applicant and hping it will be over soon too!!!

Thanks
Hi!!!
Thank you!
I sent my application on December 4th.
Good luck with your process.

minniemouse

Star Member
Mar 14, 2016
Hi!!!
Sorry to bother you but did you send on december 4th or did they receive on december 4th and was it SPVO or Ottawa office??

ana_d said:
Hi!!!
Thank you!
I sent my application on December 4th.
Good luck with your process.

ana_d

Mar 8, 2016
minniemouse said:
Hi!!!
Sorry to bother you but did you send on december 4th or did they receive on december 4th and was it SPVO or Ottawa office??
No problem.

I sent the application on December 4th. They received on December 9th. Got AOR2 in SPVO on February 15.

minniemouse

Star Member
Mar 14, 2016
Really...
I got SA on april 6th...how much longer will I have to wait...OMG!!!
Mycic account says they haven't even started on my husabnd's background check... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

ana_d said:
No problem.

I sent the application on December 4th. They received on December 9th. Got AOR2 in SPVO on February 15.

ana_d

Mar 8, 2016
minniemouse said:
Really...
Mycic account says they haven't even started on my husabnd's background check... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
For me it took 5 months between SA and DM because they requested my Canadian Criminal Record.

It is taking around 4 months after SA for people who are not requested other documents.

minniemouse

Star Member
Mar 14, 2016
Yup!!...
They requested that from me too!!! My husband delivered that personally in SP on june 17th...it has benn over a month and no more news from them...
just waiting!!!

ana_d said:
For me it took 5 months between SA and DM because they requested my Canadian Criminal Record.

It is taking around 4 months after SA for people who are not requested other documents.

nsjk16

Star Member
May 30, 2016
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/01/2016
AOR Received.
03/15/2016
File Transfer...
03/30/2016
ana_d said:
Thank you Nsjk16. It feels like a new life. :)

No, you don't have to land right away. I thought I would have to do it within one month from when the PR visa was issued. But my PR visa expiration date was December 1st. The information paper that came with the CoPR states I have until that date to land.
I actually rushed to do it next day because I thought I would need to have my PR card by the time I go to Brazil in the end of September, which is not the case according to what the officer told me.

Yes, you are right about what landing means.

So probably you will be fine if you get your CoPR before your trip.

All the best.
Okay, Thank you. I believe I got it :)

Thank you. All the best!

nsjk16

Star Member
May 30, 2016
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/01/2016
AOR Received.
03/15/2016
File Transfer...
03/30/2016
minniemouse said:
Really...
Hi there,
I'm a January applicant. We applied on January 18th. CIC got everything on January 19th. My husband was approved on March 15th and they started my application in SP on March 30th. Will be 4 months tomorrow they have my papers in SP.

How did u link ur application at Mycic to see? I tried million times and still not able to. They say: no application.

nsjk16

Star Member
May 30, 2016
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/01/2016
AOR Received.
03/15/2016
File Transfer...
03/30/2016
ana_d said:

Hopefully just 4 months, my friend!!! Lol!
HOPEFULLY.
Tomorrow will be 4 months they have my papers in SP and they never requested anything else for my husband and I.