Passport Req..
06-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-22-2012
LANDED..........
04-13-2012
Shadoop said:
Hello everyone,

I found this website while trying to get information on the letter my wife whom i am sponsoring just recieved.
She is brazilian and we have applied through Sao Paulo. We both live in the carribean and decided to go through SP and no through kingston, jamaica becuase the processing times were alot shorter.

I got approved in jan - from the caseprocessing in ontario. They then said they would be sending it to brazil for further processing in feburary,We have not heard anything from them in brazil saying that they have recieved my wifes application" except just today we got a letter dated april 11 in the mail.

Its says nothing about being approved or not approved, just says, " in order to issue your permanent residence visa we request your passport" then gos on to say " your visa is only valid from 1 year of medical, or the date of her passport expiriy, whichnever is sooner"

It asks to stick the label provided with numbers on it on from of the passprort and send it off, to brazil, no pics or anything, just passport

I have heard of PPR letter, but this letter does not give any deadline to send, nor say anything about using s courier and sending a paid waybill for the return of the passport?. And i never recieved any email niether?

Could it be that its approved after only 2 months in brazil? The website says waiting times are 9 months. How long will they have the passport for?. Is this the passport request letter? I hope we are almost there! If anyone could help or had this letter before please let me know!
Hey Shadoop!

I am happy to tell you that it is your PPR!!! they are requesting your wife's passport, which means they are ready to process her visa. So what it means is that once the visa is issued she has only 1 year to "land" in canada, so she can become a permanent resident.

My husband's visa was issued super fast too, so go out to celebrate!!! and then read all the instructions carefully before you send her passport to Sao Paulo.

In addition, I would suggest you include a pre paid fedex envelope so you get the passport back faster.

Anyway, I went through this only 2 months ago, so if you have any questions I'd be happy to help :D :D :D

and CONGRATS!!!

agga

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
Montreal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2011
File Transfer...
06-03-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2012
LANDED..........
19-07-2012
Got my PPR today too! :)
Finally!

agga

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
Montreal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2011
File Transfer...
06-03-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2012
LANDED..........
19-07-2012
CariocaDaGema said:
Finally Landed yesterday at the Rainbow Bridge in Niagara. ;D
Yay! Congrats!!!

shiftpro

Star Member
Nov 21, 2010
Nelson, BC
Visa Office......
Sao PAulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-11
VISA ISSUED...
October '11 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LANDED..........
December 16, 2011
It's so nice to see people announce that the visa has arrived! Congrats all!

agga

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
Montreal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2011
File Transfer...
06-03-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2012
LANDED..........
19-07-2012
CariocaDaGema said:
I am not allowed to send private messages yet! :(
send me your email and I will answer to your questions, I hope It's not too late! :D
Hey,

I ended up sending my passport to Brazil through a friend, and she will post it to the Consulate via SEDEX. Hope it works. Then I'll land in the CIC office here in Montreal, since I don't have a US visa and don't want to risk having problems in the future because I will be denied entry this time.

Insights?

CariocaDaGema

Apr 17, 2012
agga said:
Hey,

I ended up sending my passport to Brazil through a friend, and she will post it to the Consulate via SEDEX. Hope it works. Then I'll land in the CIC office here in Montreal, since I don't have a US visa and don't want to risk having problems in the future because I will be denied entry this time.

Insights?
From what I understand you have to land at a port of entry (CIC offices only service inland applications, if i'm not mistaken), meaning you need to leave and re-enter Canada. In my case my US visa was expired but the Canadian officers still instructed me to walk across the bridge to States then walk back to Canada for the regular landing procedures (my expired visa was no problem, since I was just at the US border).
If your application is outland you need to enter Canada from abroad, so if you don't want to spend money with tickets to Brazil or US (plus applying for a visa) I would strongly recommend that you drive to the nearest Canada - US border.

I used FeDEX, so I am not sure how SEDEX handles passports, but I am assuming it should be fine, my family uses their services for packages and never had any problems. Also, is your friend sending it to you by mail or are they coming back to Canada?

MrsEllis

Feb 4, 2016
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SAO PAULO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-2015
AOR Received.
12-2015
File Transfer...
12-01-2016
Med's Request
Infront
Passport Req..
31-05-2016
My sponsorship has been sent to Sao Paulo. My husband was accept to be my Sponsor and now we are waiting for the results.

Jaytheo40

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
São paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-01-2016
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
27-09-2016
MrsEllis said:
My sponsorship has been sent to Sao Paulo. My husband was accept to be my Sponsor and now we are waiting for the results.
Well it's nice to see a thread that is from 2016, good luck! I'm a Canadian citizen sponsoring my wife who lives in São Paulo - we sent in our package to Mississauga February 9 2016 so we have a short wait for AOR then SA.

I understand the VO in São Paulo are quick in processing applications so hope we both get good news rather quickly.

Where in Canada will you be living?

Obligatory

Mightytonewheel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-13-2016
Jaytheo40 said:
Well it's nice to see a thread that is from 2016, good luck! I'm a Canadian citizen sponsoring my wife who lives in São Paulo - we sent in our package to Mississauga February 9 2016 so we have a short wait for AOR then SA.

I understand the VO in São Paulo are quick in processing applications so hope we both get good news rather quickly.

Where in Canada will you be living?

Obligatory
I'm in a very similar situation, Jaytheo40. I am a Canadian citizen sponsoring my wife, a Brazilian and resident of Sao Paulo (but currently visiting in Canada). We submitted on December 10 2015 and received AOR2 February 15. So, like you, we're just waiting. :)

Last year, when CIC was reporting VO wait times for individual VO offices, the wait times were reported to be about 5 months, which is among the fastest in the world. Some anecdotal evidence suggested that, in some cases, wait times were considerably lower -- about 70-80 days to "Decision Made". From what I was told, the shorter wait times were because fewer Brazilian citizens were applying for visas after the rules for work visas were stiffened.

I have no idea if those wait times changed after CIC stopped providing estimates for individual visa offices. So we're being patient, but we don't have much we can do but just wait.

Feel free to send me a PM and we can keep in touch about one another's progress. I'm out of Vancouver.

Ate logo.

ana_d

Mar 8, 2016
My timeline is actually very similar to Mightytonewheel's.

CIC received our application on December 9th and they started processing my PR application on February 15th. I am also a Brazilian wife currently visiting in Canada.

Let's all hope to get good news asap.

Mightytonewheel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-13-2016
ana_d said:
My timeline is actually very similar to Mightytonewheel's.

CIC received our application on December 9th and they started processing my PR application on February 15th. I am also a Brazilian wife currently visiting in Canada.

Let's all hope to get good news asap.
Oi, tudo bem? Welcome to the forum. It seems we are in very similar situations. We got married in Sao Jose Dos Campos in November and now we're just...waiting. Hopefully things go well for the both of us. Good luck -- and hopefully your husband knows more Portuguese than I do!

ana_d

Mar 8, 2016
Thanks Mightytonewheel. Tudo bem, e você?
We got married in Victoria in October. This wait isn't easy.
Well, let's say he freezes after saying 'Oi, tudo bem?" and impressing my family and friends for 'speaking Portuguese'. But he actually comprehends a lot.
Good luck to us!

Jaytheo40

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
São paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-01-2016
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
27-09-2016
Hi Ana_D and mightyonewheel - your timelines are similar and both well ahead of me. I recently got married in São Paulo and our application was received by CIC Feb 9 2016. I'm still waiting AOR1 - I've heard great things about the VO in Brazil and we are fortunate they are far more efficient processing applications then most countries.

We all learn to be patient thruout this process - I'll let you know when I hear anything. All the best to both of you.

By the way, I need to work on my Portuguese too - I'm learning slowly.

Obrigado

John